Day 3: France v Australia, Argentina v Iceland, Peru v Denmark, Croatia v Nigeria

izec

Argentina are a frustrating team, not good enough against packed defenses. Always through the middle or shit crossing. They also play like they dont know each other

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
this is what makes a mockery of VAR tbh. You are at the mercy of someone's opinion. We've seen var used today and people say it was the right decision while others say is wasn't. Are we any better off with var at all?
Good question- it's a positive in that it can pick up obvious things the ref misses, but yep, two people can watch the same replay 100 times and disagree on the verdict. You can't remove the subjectiveness.

el3mel

That game proves why no one is predicting anything from Argentine. Underwhelming team with lots of underperforming players including their ace. QF will be a miracle for them.

gormless

Good question- it's a positive in that it can pick up obvious things the ref misses, but yep, two people can watch the same replay 100 times and disagree on the verdict. You can't remove the subjectiveness.
However it gives a qualified ref a chance to see clearly what happened which often simply just doesn't happen. I think its great

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Have footballers forgotten how to take throw ins? Most of them should be flagged by the ref as fouls but they're not punished?

Eila

Maradona had the heart and courage to carry the entire nation. It isn't drive for success like Ronaldo but works the same way, although for a much briefer spell.
Ronaldo is more like love for himself. His wish to be recognized as the best of all time is what drives him. I don't see a lot of narcissism when I see Maradona. He's closer to Pele I'd say.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Pávon seems like a great player. Is he Madrid bound?
First linked to Arsenal in January. Since then he's been linked with Chelsea, PSG, Barca and West Ham. He impressed Messi a lot with his performances for the national side so the Barca link was only a matter of time.

Nick7

I really really enjoy watching Iceland defend. They do all the simple things very well and I find it great to watch.

Nick7

Agreed. It's not cynical defending - its effective defending with a lot of patience and proper positioning - in some ways just as nice to watch as a good offense.
Yep, nothing dirty, no dark arts. Just the simple proper things. They also seem to have great accuracy in the tackle.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Nooooooo. Suffering till the end :(