Day 3: France v Australia, Argentina v Iceland, Peru v Denmark, Croatia v Nigeria

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Love how physical the Aussies are being, not dirty as some have said, just super competitive in competing for every ball, ref being quite harsh on them so far.
Yeah. Iran was dirty, Australia - thus far - are just physical, but not necessarily unfair.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
This could very well be the first 0-0 of the World Cup. Disappointing give yesterday's results. What a dull start to today. :(

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
36p placed on an Aussie win, £5 return. Also bet on the draw, 10p on, 55p return. You do the maths.

#raysaysbetresponsibly

Yagami

Good post resistant
I would've moved Rojo to LB as he's played there countless times and had one of Mercado/Fazio next to Otamendi.

Still if Messi's on it I'd still expect Argetina to win 3-1.
I don't know about his Argentina performances but, in my opinion, Rojo has been awful for us whenever he's been played as a LB. I'd understand not wanting him there if he plays anything like he does for us in said position.

Bobski

Yeah. Iran was dirty, Australia - thus far - are just physical, but not necessarily unfair.
Not as fall, honestly think the game misses this type of physical edge, controlled aggression mind, not dirty, dangerous tackles.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't understand how people can praise Pogba. Alongside Tolisso they are the main reason behind France's problems, they are so useless in possession that you can just bypass the midfield.

Canagel

I think Fekir should be playing. France haven't got someone who can link the midfield and attack atm. Push Griezmann upfront and leave one of Mbappe and Dembele on the bench to bring on later when game is stretched. Why is Griezmann playing on the right and Dembele on the left in 4-3-3? These tactics don't make any sense.

El Jefe

I've always believed that this French side could do with Nzonzi in the holding midfield role. here'd be way more balance in the midfield.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
So refreshing to hear Lawrenson again, miss him for the bigger games.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's like France have no mifield. Just get the ball to one of the attackers and hope he pulls something off on his own or try a chip behind the back line seems all they have got. No control, no circulation at all.

Greck

Pogba has been magnificent imo, relatively anyway because no one is really standing out.

AndyJ1985

For all the talent France has in their squad they aren't a particularly good team. Pogba continues to disappoint, too.

Bobski

It's like France have no mifield. Just get the ball to one of the attackers and hope he pulls something off on his own or try a chip behind the back line seems all they have got. No control, no circulation at all.
You see Kante's limitations in game like this.

And then Pogba, peripheral after a bright start.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't understand how people can praise Pogba. Alongside Tolisso they are the main reason behind France's problems, they are so useless in possession that you can just bypass the midfield.
I think Pogba's done well when in possession here. He's made a couple or so nice passes that the attackers could've done better with but I understand if you think that isn't enough from him considering his talent. I think you'd benefit from dropping Tolisso and playing N'Zonzi or Fekir depending on how you want to use Kanté
Pogba has been magnificent imo, relatively anyway because no one is really standing out.
Yeah, best of a bad bunch so it's not saying too much.