Day 3: Uruguay vs. Costa Rica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minkaro

Diego Lugano earned his place in this Uruguay XI by...er...being released by WBA. Good preparation, that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was a foul. How can you say Diego Costa didn't dive but then that there wasn't a push here? :p
Only takes the slightest of pushes when one player is in the air to make him completely miss a ball. Therefore rightfully called off.
Yeah on second look it looked like a bit of a push. Still pretty soft though.

Kubalionzzale

I think Costa Rica will win definently, too bad I couldn't post it earlier, but this Campbell is great, has speed and technique

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Diabolical shot by Cavani.

Uruguay don't look too good so far. I remember them playing better football in 2010.

MarcRed96

Poor miss from Cavani, he had tons of space. You'd really expect him to finish that.

owsterix

Is Cavani one of the most overrated players out there? I've never seen him have a good game. Seems to score often but have some horrible misses and not that involved in the build up play imo.

GudmH

I like this Uruguay side but cant root for them for the live of me because of the scouse rodent.

Lyricist

Yeah on second look it looked like a bit of a push. Still pretty soft though.
Indeed, it was soft. But as I said, if you jump up for the ball, it takes only the softest of pushes to make someone completely miss the ball. That said, the way Lugano jumped for it was ridiculous.

Ref has already made a couple of difficult but right calls! Not bad.

bosnian_red

I remember watching Cavani at the last world cup, never heard of him before and it was the first time I saw him. Thought "how on earth does this guy keep starting, he's awful". Then he goes on to get a reputation as one of the top strikers around, and apart from a few times with Napoli when I've seen him, he's never impressed me really. I'm sure he is a top striker and I've just caught his shit days, but he seems so limited to me.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Is Cavani one of the most overrated players out there? I've never seen him have a good game. Seems to score often but have some horrible misses and not that involved in the build up play imo.
Be careful I have criticised Cavani for bring a flat track bully before, and only scoring in low pressure games. People don't like it. But I stand by my opinion and agree his rep is greater than he is.

AlbusDrunkledore

Why is there even a rumour for Cavani to United when we have Rooney and Van Flying? He is poop.

KristianKrystal

Why does all the uruguayan players look like adonis, did Kevin Sorbo impregnate the entire country in the 80's and 90's??

And btw they obvouisly shop the same place as Robben..

bosnian_red

we should be able to beat both these teams.
You really should. Said it a while ago but Uruguay isn't that great anymore from what I've seen, barely made it out of the qualifiers. Apart from their strikers and Godin, they aren't very impressive to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.