Day 4: Morocco vs Croatia | Germany vs Japan | Spain vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Canada

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
So to summarise:
Glazers selling up
Homelander vanquished
England Win
Wales dont lose
Argentina Lose
Germany Lose

BEST WEEK EVER

Chief123

That’s 3 shocking pieces of defending there. Sule, Shlotterbeck and Neuer.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Where are the twats calling for asian teams to be culled from future world cups ? :smirk:

Scarecrow

Having a week off
As a United fan you should know that cost doesn't mean quality.

As an Everton fan I know that too.
I know but it's an (imperfect) indicator of past performance. It's hard for me to say the team with the most expensive players is not among the favorites.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
American commentary is so cheesy and crap.

Its like your in disney.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I know but it's an (imperfect) indicator of past performance. It's hard for me to say the team with the most expensive players is not among the favorites.
You'd be one of the few who would have had England as one of the favourites.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
[/QUOTE]
Japan and KSA are clearly far superior opposition to the drivel England and France faced.
They aren't.

Germany missed a lot of chances before Japan scored, they were trashing Japan in the game, but didn't score, and they paid the price.

Could have happened the same to France yesterday if they kept missing chances like Mbappe did before France scored the 3rd, fortunately for the french Mbappe and Giroud buried their chances later, and killed all Australia's hope of a revival.

This is what happens when you create a lot but don't score against minnows, eventually one day you are gonna pay the price for not killing the game when you should.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Deserved.

Deserved for politicising the past 3 tournaments.

Just get smashed over and over again, until you maybe start focusing on playing football only.

Zlatattack

American commentary is so cheesy and crap.

Its like your in disney.
Better than ITV and BBC at the moment. Every 5 minutes they repeat the same line about the world cup being controversial and the political tone having put people off.

Maybe if they'd STFU and focused on football during the actual match itself - that might not be the case.

Karmapolice

yessssssss!! well deserved japan!

the level of contempt and hatred i've seen by germans against arabs this last week alone makes this result much sweeter!

aufweidersen :)

Lecland07

It's a one-off loss in the final. Japan are by far the best team in Asia
But they aren't because they lost. They didn't win the Asian Cup in 2015, either, so it has been quite a while since they have shown they are the best in Asia.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
So how is European dominance overrated then? Genuinely curious.

2006 All European final, All European semi finals
2010 All European final, 3/4 semi finalists
2014 European winner
2018 All European final, All European semi finals, 6/8 European Quarter finalists

That’s about as dominant as it gets in World Cup terms. Two of the last 4 world cups it’s been only European teams in the semis. The depth in Europe is ridiculous tbf.
Europe typically brings along 13 strong teams, the chances two of them make the final and at least three make the semis are massive.

It all essentially boils down to: suspect Brazil vintage and grossly mismanaged Argentina. Other than that, it's not much different from what it has always been like, bar a minor hiccup in 2002.

So no, it isn't an era of European dominance but an uncharacteristically poor Argentina and Brazil. It happens to the best of them, like Italy.

AndyMUFC

Love it. You can't afford to not take your chances against a Japan team that looked a threat throughout. Germany aren't clinical enough and are another side lacking a striker.