Day 4: Morocco vs Croatia | Germany vs Japan | Spain vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Canada

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Despite this being only the third time Germany and Japan play against each other (and the first two were friendlies), a lot of the players should know each other well, considering that most Germans and Japanese play in the Bundesliga (five starters and three subs for Japan, also Sakai has played in the BL several years ago).

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Tomiyasu on the bench. I thought he's their highest profile player.
According to the pre-match report I just read, Kamada seems to be their best player. And after reading posts from Japan fans on Reddit it seems like Mitoma is the player they are most excited about. But he's also on the bench..

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Seems teams are just setting up to play on the counter but then no-one is taking the initiative and actually attacking so the other team can't even counter. The quality levels have been really poor, with poor passing and link up all over the pitch.
Yeah because when they lose they get lambasted for "not being pragmatic"

Real Name

Kovačić is so passive, he has everything, a good pass, technique, dribble but he so rarely looks forward and nearly always takes a safe option.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
According to the pre-match report I just read, Kamada seems to be their best player. And after reading posts from Japan fans on Reddit it seems like Mitoma is the player they are most excited about. But he's also on the bench..
Mitoma is the one who just joined Brighton and looks quite good. Bit of a later bloomer like Trossard but he's quick and has very good technical ability

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Kovačić is so passive, he has everything, a good pass, technique, dribble but he so rarely looks forward and nearly always takes a safe option.
As long as you’ve got someone who can control the ball in tight areas it’s an asset, even if he plays the safe option it keeps things ticking over.

RedDevilRoshi

I’m surprised Kyogo Furahashi never got a call up but his Celtic teammate Daizen Maeda did and starts up front for them today. He doesn’t even play up front for Celtic.

Dazzmondo

I thought Mitoma was brilliant in a recent Brighton match. Excited to see more from him in World Cup. Kamada is very good. Kubo is also very highly rated and was actually in Real Madrid's academy. I've heard good things about Ito also but haven't seen much of him.

Real Name

As long as you’ve got someone who can control the ball in tight areas it’s an asset, even if he plays the safe option it keeps things ticking over.
Yes, but sometimes you need those players to take the initiative. In any case him and Brozović were awful.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Kamada currently is the most efficient scorer in Europe's top leagues, CL included, and that despite being a midfielder who rarely gets to score tap ins.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Who the feck are Raum and Schlotterbeck?

Attack looks good with Gnabry, Havertz and Musiala. Not sure if Muller is still doing well.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Flick should put Kimmich at right back and get Goretzka in midfield next to Gundogan IMO
He should actually bench Gündogan, and play Goretzka alongside Kimmich in Midfield.
If we get overrun today, nobody is going to be surprised

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No idea why Germany are being slept on so much. Their team is quality and they have an excellent coach. Think before long they'll move Kimmich to right back and play Goretzka next to Gundogan and just have great balance throughout.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München

Attack looks good with Gnabry, Havertz and Musiala. Not sure if Muller is still doing well.
Schlotterbeck made the move from Freiburg to BVB this season. Been a bit hit or miss for him, especially a huge miss when playing city as Haaland scored that crazy goal. I fancy him, but he is a bit reckless at times. Bayern were interested, but Schlotterbeck said in an interview that he had already made a verbal agreement with BVB and didn't want to go back on that. I can respect that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He should actually bench Gündogan, and play Goretzka alongside Kimmich in Midfield.
If we get overrun today, nobody is going to be surprised
For midfield balance fair - but wouldn't you have good balance with Goretzka next to Gundogan? Shouldn't matter today IMO. But moving Kimmich to right back addresses your weakest position and still leaves you with a top quality and balanced midfield.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
No idea why Germany are being slept on so much. Their team is quality and they have an excellent coach. Think before long they'll move Kimmich to right back and play Goretzka next to Gundogan and just have great balance throughout.
Kimmich on RB won't happen - he hasn't played that position in ages, while Süle does play there regularly and doesn’t offer less balance there than Kimmich would.

tom8888sa

Supports
neutral
Another very nice sized crowd... Looks like Netherlands Senegal was the exception............

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Come on Japan!

Dazzmondo

Raum is good attacking left back. Schlotterbeck was the best cb in Bundesliga last season so Dortmund bought him in the summer

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Musiala looking lively as usual

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I know absolutely nothing about this Japan team- have they a decent chance against this German team?
Yes, Germany definitely are favourites, but Japan have the skill and experience needed to hurt us when they get a chance

Tony247

2018 german team was the worst german team I saw in world cups. It seems they are still in transition.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Japan looking a lively counter attacking side

Lyng

Maeda is much faster than Rüdiger. Shame he didnt pay attention to the offside.