Day 4: Morocco vs Croatia | Germany vs Japan | Spain vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Canada

marktan

I like Japan's defense shape. But need to start putting passes together on the counter, it's the only way that strategy works

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
That's funny to me, since they played together
Kimmich did also take Lahm's trajectory, but faster. Moving from right back to midfield like Lahm ended up during Guardiola.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Only listening on the radio, but is it really that quiet?

Abizzz

Haha just incase the first one isn't a pen the gk went and made sure :lol:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Keeper had a nightmare there.

Nick7

First one wasn't a pen, then he slipped. That's actually pretty unfortunate.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Japanese keeper didn't get the memo that buttstuff is not legal in Qatar.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
What the hell was that? Keeper fell on to the German player is that the pen? Or the initial tackle?

Lyng

Match over. The only chance Japan had was a counter. This could get ugly now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really hate to see keepers diving before the ball is kicked. Just wait a split second an you might catch it easily

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Germans have been pretty good. Not sure why the commentators are saying they’ve not been playing well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Germany showing how to sustain pressure and attacks, press well, build up and progress smoothly... Yeah they're what I expected. Look quality against a decent side

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I really hate to see keepers diving before the ball is kicked. Just wait a split second an you might catch it easily
Have you played keeper? If you wait til the ball is touched, you're not getting anywhere in time. It's works in lower league football where noone can place a ball, but it's not really effective for the top level

klepman

Expected more from Croatia. They are still vice-champions of the WC.
Also, want to see Canada. It's not hockey so are they competitive enough for this?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Japan are another side whose decision making has been shocking. Every time they’re away the player takes too long and plays a crap ball.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Have you played keeper? If you wait til the ball is touched, you're not getting anywhere in time. It's works in lower league football where noone can place a ball, but it's not really effective for the top level
Most of the time the penalties are just rolled into the goal now after the keeper has already dived.

Yes if a penalty is hit hard and in the corner then you aren't saving it anyway. Look at Gundogans penalty, look at Messis penalty. No power, in the middle of the goal and a nice height. Simple to save if you just stay still.

The Mexican keeper saved Lewandowski's by doing exactly that.

Sit still, make them actually work for it. If they hit the side netting then fair enough.