Day 4: Scotland vs Czech Republic | Poland vs Slovakia | Spain vs Sweden

TrustInOle

Thanks. Although we look absolutely horrendous and I have lost all hope of enjoying our games. Even if we make it out of the group stages we would be a waste of space. Nah, I’ll look forward to watching good teams play, not this snoozfest.
To be fair, you were up against Spain, even if they did fault! I wouldn't take too much from the way Sweden set out today, their plan came almost to perfection if Berg sorted his feet out in time. Solid point this and I would look towards the games against Poland and Slovakia for a more sustainable style of play before labelling them a snoozefest, Isak in particular looks like he could grab a couple in the next games.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Good performance from the Swedes, considering the material Andersson's got to work with. They'll obviously be looking to play a more positive game against Slovakia and Poland. Hopefully Kulusevski and Svanberg are back by then to add some much needed flair.

As for Spain, I simply cannot understand why Morata is playing ahead of Moreno. Enrique should've finally learnt his lesson after this and play Moreno up front next game. Moreover, they desperately need someone else than Alba to consistently make good runs.

Reactions: Cheimoon

TrustInOle

It was the WC playoff, Ventura’s Italy lost 1-0 in Sweden and drew 0-0 at home (a carbon copy of this match).

Spain really needs to have a proper look at themselves and get a different coach asap: Luis Enrique is damaged goods, unfortunately, clearly not his fault.
That is surely abit harsh?

GoPoland!!

Supports
kuntakinte
well , spain and sweden just did a huge favor to poland with that 0:0 result, hopefully they don't blow it

Strats

Olsen 10
Lustig 7.5
Lindelof 6.5
Danielson 6.5
Augustinsson 6.5
Forsberg 5
Ekdal 5
Olsson 6
Larsson 6.5
Berg 5
Isak 7

Unai Simon -
M.Llorente 6
Laporte 6
P.Torres 4.5
Alba 4.5
Koke 4.5
Rodri 4.5
Pedri 5
F.Torres 4
Morata 3.5
Olmo 5
——
Thiago 4
Sarabia 5.5
Moreno 6
Oyarzabal 5.5
Lustig was an absolute joke tonight, worst player on the pitch.

Hope that was his last start in Sweden.

Mercurial

Good performance from the Swedes, considering the material Andersson's got to work with. They'll obviously be looking to play a more positive game against Slovakia and Poland. Hopefully Kulusevski and Svanberg are back by then to add some much needed flair.

As for Spain, I simply cannot understand why Morata is playing ahead of Moreno. Enrique should've finally learnt his lesson after this and play Moreno up front next game. Moreover, they desperately need someone else than Alba to consistently make good runs.
Or even play Traoré for that matter. Enrique is being somewhat poor on his decision making.

Paul_Scholes18

well , spain and sweden just did a huge favor to poland with that 0:0 result, hopefully they don't blow it
You probably need a point vs Spain and a win against us to qualify.

Not sure it helped you much since you needed points vs Spain anyway. Spain will be fired up.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Is it really that good of a result for Poland? If Sweden manage to beat Slovakia - which would hardly be an upset - Poland will need at least one point against Spain to finish top two, aside from also beating Sweden. Even to go through as one of the third teams, Poland will most likely have to beat Sweden in that scenario.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
At the moment I have liked the first half. Very dynamic and intense. They try to play well but are more direct and look for other options.
Except for the big miss Morata was doing well. I would give Gerard Moreno some minutes
Imo, and looking at the friendly we played there recently would swap Rodri and Koke for Thiago Alcantara and Fabian Ruiz. And Morata unfortunately has the expression of a footballer who might be shot on his confidence levels.

Kamprad

Lustig was an absolute joke tonight, worst player on the pitch.

Hope that was his last start in Sweden.
I wouldn’t think so. There’s a reason Alba got so much more lucky with his runs after Krafth came on. But I agree Lustig was shite with the ball today but he’s experienced and know what to do tactically.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Krychowiak getting harshly sent off played a big role in Poland losing today. They seemed to have made the necessary tactical adjustment from the vulnerability to counters in the first half, and had taken control of the game.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Imo, and looking at the friendly we played there recently would swap Rodri and Koke for Thiago Alcantara and Fabian Ruiz. And Morata unfortunately has the expression of a footballer who might be shot on his confidence levels.
At the end I liked the game so I would leave everything as it is right now. Perhaps playing with the midfield positions but keeping Rodri, assuming that Busquets is late or is not going to be available.
Maybe Fabián for Pedri for the second game, although I liked him today. Llorente seems a bit wasted on the right back, so I would bring him to the midfield.

I would play with a line of three ahead of Rodri with Olmo in the middle and Alba with space.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Actually I think Spain will be one of the best teams in the tournament alongside Italy. Now don't let me down @carvajal and @giorno.
Spain were actually quite impressive yesterday, much better than i expected

They have the same problem we have though, perhaps even worse than us: no goalscorers

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Nah they are.

Everything is just so slow and pedestrian. Far too conservative and safe. Trying to continuously walk the ball in. Pass after pass after pass. They remind me so much of what we were like under LVG.
You must have been watching a different game.. never mind

RedDevilRoshi

You must have been watching a different game.. never mind
Kind of wish I had watched the same game as you then as I don’t know what game you were watching either.

Spain played at a snails pace with loads of possession and trying to continuously walk the ball in.

Anyways, we’ll leave it at that and just agree to disagree.

Siezard

MORATA!!!

It was the WC playoff, Ventura’s Italy lost 1-0 in Sweden and drew 0-0 at home (a carbon copy of this match).

Spain really needs to have a proper look at themselves and get a different coach asap: Luis Enrique is damaged goods, unfortunately, clearly not his fault.
What do you mean by Luis Enrique is damaged goods, unfortunately, clearly not his fault.

Denis79

Result was good for the Swedes, performance was as anti-football as it gets. Started to stall in the 55th, don't think I saw them string 3 passes together and the last 20 minutes they just cleared the ball. Absolute horrible football that takes away all the fun and entertainment from a otherwise beautiful sport. Easily the worst game of the tournament for me. As a neutral I really hoped it would get punished but they were lucky that Spain lacked a decent striker.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
Kind of wish I had watched the same game as you then as I don’t know what game you were watching either.

Spain played at a snails pace with loads of possession and trying to continuously walk the ball in.

Anyways, we’ll leave it at that and just agree to disagree.
Spain alone had more shots and shots on target that the likes of England and Croatia... combined.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
At the end I liked the game so I would leave everything as it is right now. Perhaps playing with the midfield positions but keeping Rodri, assuming that Busquets is late or is not going to be available.
Maybe Fabián for Pedri for the second game, although I liked him today. Llorente seems a bit wasted on the right back, so I would bring him to the midfield.

I would play with a line of three ahead of Rodri with Olmo in the middle and Alba with space.
No doubt Spain will qualify.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Spain were actually quite impressive yesterday, much better than i expected

They have the same problem we have though, perhaps even worse than us: no goalscorers
Worse. At least if he doesn't try Moreno. Most impressive midfields so far Italy and Spain, let's see how Germany and France will turn up.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Worse. At least if he doesn't try Moreno. Most impressive midfields so far Italy and Spain, let's see how Germany and France will turn up.
Honestly he should just play Adama on the right, with Fabian-Koke midfield duo, one of Pedri/Olmo behind Gerard and one of Morata/Oyarzabal

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Honestly he should just play Adama on the right, with Fabian-Koke midfield duo, one of Pedri/Olmo behind Gerard and one of Morata/Oyarzabal
For me he should always play Thiago and Fabian. Huge fan of Fabian, but if there's a thing they don't lack is top midfielders. Actually, between all the starting 11 there was 1 or 2 players who never won nothing between the under 17's and 21's. They just need someone who finishes the chances created. Don't compare current Immobile with Morata, but both teams will do fine.