Day 4: Scotland vs Czech Republic | Poland vs Slovakia | Spain vs Sweden

Elsewhere on the pitch that’s a free kick. But deffo not a pen.

the Euros really are showing everyone how best to use VAR. night and day between how it’s been used in this competition compared to the PL.

Schnappo

Quite an entertaining game so far but the quality on show here is appalling :lol:

A draw would be preferable from an England perspective but it's always a pleasure to see Scotland take an L. :D

Mickson

When I looked at Scotland's squad I thought they might play well. Spoiler: they aren't. Cant pick two passes together. Their RB is comical, decided to run into the path of his own player at one time.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Quite an entertaining game so far but the quality on show here is appalling :lol:

A draw would be preferable from an England perspective but it's always a pleasure to see Scotland take an L. :D
If it weren't for Scotland you wouldn't be here, show some respect.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Decent well worked goal from the Czechs. Great unexpected overlap and cross.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
.. Not being involved is not something you can ever accuse him of in our games. He's been quiet but has been making tackles and showing for the ball. Hard to see much of the ball when the defenders pass it back to the goalkeeper who then lumps it forward at every opportunity. Midfield gets bypassed.
He's getting about sure, but he's playing as the 6 in front of the defence, yet he's been totally absent in building up for you. I'd say him playing in that position for you is a problem. Gilmour should've been in there instead. He's been better since the Czech goal though.

Reiver

So predictable: we huffed and puffed at the Czechs only to lose a soft goal from poor defending.
A whole generation are unfortunately going to find out what it's like supporting Scotland at a major finals: boundless hope before a ball is kicked, followed by reality and abject misery.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The only thing the home nations have got going for them is the counter attack.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Czechs the better team so far. I expected better from Scotland, at their home ground too.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Is that the same guy that tackled his own man? He’s a trash player.
Yep. We have a far better rb on the bench in Nathan Patterson but I think Clark is set on keeping faith with Odonnell rather than go with the youthful Patterson who a very good young player

marktan

Think Scotland need to try passing the ball out. Hoofing it rarely ever works.

Get Gilmour and Che Adams on and try attack. They have enough defensive steel with the back 5 and Mctominay and Mcginn in midfield to cover any errors.

Yep. We have a far better rb on the bench in Nathan Patterson but I think Clark is set on keeping faith with Odonnell rather than go with the youthful Patterson who a very good young player
Awful, awful player he needs to come off at HT.

Glaswegian

Scottish Championship standard fae Scotland. Everyone in work was talking about what a great team they are and how they'll take 3 off the Czechs :lol:

Back down to Earth with a bang.

Nick7

I’ve been impressed with the refereeing for the most past this tournament. I have loved seeing defenders get punished for their blatant diving.