Day 4: Scotland vs Czech Republic | Poland vs Slovakia | Spain vs Sweden

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Not sure if Spain is really good or Sweden have just been really, really bad at keeping the ball.
Honestly I think it is mostly the latter, they have just sat off and let them knock it about. I think Sweden lack quality and I think they know it so are playing mostly deep. They will rely on set pieces and the occasional counter.

Not saying Spain aren't good, though, they have the usual set of very confident midfielders. The question mark is their quality in attack (though I like Olmo, and Llorente can get forward too).

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Eating surströmming and drinking glögg today in honour of our neighbours in the east. Come on you yellow bastards!
Gløgg is a Christmas drink, drinking it in fecking June is a cardinal sin.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Never knew lindelof had long throws, why does he never take any for us?

KC91

This is looking like an Italy-Turkey, or Russia-Belgium type of game. Maybe Sweden will somehow work themselves into the match.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Honestly I think it is mostly the latter, they have just sat off and let them knock it about. I think Sweden lack quality and I think they know it so are playing mostly deep. They will rely on set pieces and the occasional counter.

Not saying Spain aren't good, though, they have the usual set of very confident midfielders. The question mark is their quality in attack (though I like Olmo, and Llorente can get forward too).
Yep, Spain squad not what it usually is, but like Italy, they have an actual manager on Luis Enrique (or at least someone who won the treble with Barca). Makes a huge difference the few nations who have actually good tactician as managers and not just people who pick a lineup and try to keep spirits up and not much else (exaggerating of course, but you get the point). Enough talent in the team that with the right coaching they could cause an upset, if Spain winning would be an upset ever.

Hansa

Gløgg is a Christmas drink, drinking it in fecking June is a cardinal sin.
I'm surprised you didn't regard eating surströmming at any time of the year as a cardinal sin :)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Kidding aside, not sure who will play for Germany, but Rüdiger Hummels could be decent as well
Good shout too, but won't Germany play a back three? Varane and Kimpembe? The standard isn't that high it seems.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Not sure if Spain is really good or Sweden have just been really, really bad at keeping the ball.
Spain are really good at getting the ball back and they always foul when the press fails. Sweden will barely get a counter because it's always a foul

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Is there a better CB pairing in this tournament than Laporte and Torres?
Chiellini Bonucci have to be up there still.netherlands on paper with De Vrij and De Ligt too. Varane and Kimpembe. Dias and Pepe as someone else said. Torres and Laporte very much up there with them, but wouldn't say they are ahead of those.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I saw Sweden press high up once in this game and Spain ended up just booting it out of play. No reason for Sweden to be this scared.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Spain are so fecking boring. Look at us we can pass the ball to each other 27.000 times in succession, have you passed out yet?!