Day 5: Germany vs. Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yep.

Always amuses me how people are so horrified about things like handball's etc and people hacking players down is fine and acceptable and 'not cheating'.
It's different though isn't it? Fouls, handballs etc. are part of the game - because they get punished. Play acting doesn't get punished, thus is viewed as a more uncontrollable form of cheating that is much worse then a foul or handball.

If people had always play-acted since the dawn of football, it'd probably be accepted, but it hasn't, so it isn't...

I mean, people could start paying refs... that would also be cheating (and be a literal take on 'win at all cost') but it wouldn't be great for football would it?

Lyricist

So instead of bringing a fullback on, we replace our CB, by moving our wide right CB Boateng to the center and bring on a new wide right CB in Mustafi? :lol:

Mali_Zeus

I'm saying it's retarded to blame either. Messi won the game last night. People are going to be disappointed as long as he doesn't score a hat trick which is plain ridiculous. If you look at my previous posts I've never said shit like that for messi, because it's just plain stupidity to say that.

You can't deny that it's easier to make an impact and get on the ball against Bosnia then it is against Germany with 10 men. Its stupid to criticize either so much, especially as messi actually scored a beauty. It's a team game after all and Portugals team isn't playing well at all.
Fair enough. Cheers. :)

Good game for Bosnia btw I really think you'll qualify for the next round. :)

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
What is the ref doing? Blocked the 2nd pass in this game.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Ronaldo desperate for that penalty. Only way he'll score today

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Pathetic from Ronaldo. All he cares about is getting a scant consolation goal just to say he's scored in the tournament.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It's different though isn't it? Fouls, handballs etc. are part of the game - because they get punished. Play acting doesn't get punished, thus is viewed as a more uncontrollable form of cheating that is much worse then a foul or handball.

If people had always play-acted since the dawn of football, it'd probably be accepted, but it hasn't, so it isn't...

I mean, people could start paying refs... that would also be cheating (and be a literal take on 'win at all cost') but it wouldn't be great for football would it?
Time wasting, stealing yards for throws/freekicks etc. are all part of the game but are cheating.

Every single player in the game does those. No one makes half as much fuss over stuff like that.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Is it me, or are referees disturbing play a lot more in this world cup?
The referees also seem a lot more noticeable for some reason. They seem to be exactly in the middle, very noticeable when a team is building up their attack, and the referee stands right in the middle where an attacking midfielder is supposed to occupy.

Status
Not open for further replies.