Arsenal
Wonder what the reaction would have been if that was Ozil

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
My commentators are saying the same too,
It´s because it´s in the same region where he had a previous major injury. It´s really bad news since i rate him as our third best player after Ronaldo and Moutinho. He is that influencial. I´m a negative person per nature but i really think we will struggle to get past group stage now.

Mali_Zeus

Which is ridiculous because messi won the game. Argentina were also playing against Bosnia and not Germany, with all due respect to us. They also have other players who can do something and supply him the ball, unlike Portugal today. Much easier to do something when you are on the better team. Germany is miles better then Portugal.
So when Messi is poor he's past it, he lost the hunger, he has only himself to blame cause he has a better team and he has played vs Bosnia. But when Ronaldo is poor (he isnt 100 percent ready but nevertheless) he can be poor cause he has a poor Portugal team around him and he's playing vs Germany so it's okay.
And when people are questioning if Messi is the best that ever was they always mention he should win the WC to have a claim. But noone say that for Ronaldo. I gusse its because he has poor teammates at Portugal.
If I'm reading all that right it's double standards.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They are but they're also much more open. Bosnia played a great defensive game and had a great shape. Even 20 mins into this game Ronaldo had a shot clean in on the keeper, and would have had another if almeida hadn't been greedy.

For enough you might not do it, but a lot of folk who literally got wet at the thought of Messi not scoring last night, are now making excuse after excuse for Ronaldo.
Well that's just what you get when you have loads of fanboys on either side going from one extreme to the other. Nobody thinking rationally and actually realizing that it's a team game and someone can't take on an entire team by themselves, especially when your team is a man down because of an idiot and against arguably the best team in the world.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Yep.

Always amuses me how people are so horrified about things like handball's etc and people hacking players down is fine and acceptable and 'not cheating'.
Yeah, you won't find one game, probably ever, where there isn't one instance of 'cheating'.

Red Ross

It's funny that some on here stick up for Nani despite it being obvious he is useless. Yet Ozil is terrible according to some.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The fans can blame Bento if you don't go through. Ronaldo should've been taken off to preserve him for the next two, must win matches. Pepe and Coentrao are obviously write offs at this point.
Don´t worry about that mate. The knifes are already getting sharpned on the press. Bento will have a miserable next couple of days.

Gannicus

Müller is such an unlikeable twat. It's not healthy how much I can't stand him and his gormless face.

Still a red card, mind you.
It's a rare footballer, especially forwards, who doesn't make a meal out of gossamer contact. It's practically an epidemic in the modern game.

MrJames

I can't blame Nani for being shit when he hasn't had any games the season.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Damn, it has been a long time since we were that organised and well structured. Since the last WC infact. Credit to Löw for that. We are way better than I thought. I gladly admit that. Lets hope the form holds. Then we actually have a shot in this tournament.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Don´t worry about that mate. The knifes are already getting sharpned on the press. Bento will have a miserable next couple of days.
Are Portugal a bit like England, picking players on past reputation. At least England are starting to intergrate some kids. Hummels now off injured.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So when Messi is poor he's past it, he lost the hunger, he has only himself to blame cause he has a better team and he has played vs Bosnia. But when Ronaldo is poor (he isnt 100 percent ready but nevertheless) he can be poor cause he has a poor Portugal team around him and he's playing vs Germany so it's okay.
And when people are questioning if Messi is the best that ever was they always mention he should win the WC to have a claim. But noone say that for Ronaldo. I gusse its because he has poor teammates at Portugal.
If I'm reading all that right it's double standards.
I'm saying it's retarded to blame either. Messi won the game last night. People are going to be disappointed as long as he doesn't score a hat trick which is plain ridiculous. If you look at my previous posts I've never said shit like that for messi, because it's just plain stupidity to say that.

You can't deny that it's easier to make an impact and get on the ball against Bosnia then it is against Germany with 10 men. Its stupid to criticize either so much, especially as messi actually scored a beauty. It's a team game after all and Portugals team isn't playing well at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.