Day 5: Hungary vs Portugal | France vs Germany

A-man

You make it sound like it's something rare.
We won the WC by parking the bus like this during the knockout stage.
I don’t mean it is rare, I actually mean the opposite. But on this forum everybody seems to think every transfer is about getting the players that allow a higher line. And in the end the highest line wins. For me this has never been true.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Can German fans explain the tactics to me? Honestly I’m flabbergasted watching that. Muller and Havertz as wide players, players who both are central focal point player. Kimmich forced out wide. Gnabry alone centrally against the most solid CB/CM pairing there is. What on earth was that?
That was further proof that Löw has totally lost it and that the DFB is a disaster. They should have fired him at last after the world cup 2018, yet here we go again.

tomaldinho1

He almost has more goals in Europe than both of them combined in 1/3 the amount of games :confused:
Please bear in mind there were people on this forum who said, after Welbeck scored against us for Brighton, that he would easily start for us.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Troll comparison for sure but Mbappe has stagnated since his breakout season with Monaco.
Your post isn't much better to be honest. He's far better than he was at Monaco. :houllier:

Pavl3n

I get the same vibes when I watch Mbappe as I was getting when I was watching Werner at Leipzig. A lot of hype, a lot of pace but when the time comes to put the ball in the net he misses more often than he scores. Lack of composure, snatching and rushing. That's why France had 2 goals disallowed - rushing, lack of composure.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I get the same vibes when I watch Mbappe as I was getting when I was watching Werner at Leipzig. A lot of hype, a lot of pace but when the time comes to put the ball in the net he misses more often than he scores. Lack of composure, snatching and rushing. That's why France had 2 goals disallowed - rushing, lack of composure.
He scored 42 times for PSG this season.

RedDevil@84

Great. Most teams, including United, would die to have this Welbeck/Walcott/Werner vibes guy in their team.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Second France disallowed goal is pogba was doing spins on the ball.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Do you guys only watch United's game and discover/judge MBappé on 1 game? He showed dozens of times he was far more than that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Your post isn't much better to be honest. He's far better than he was at Monaco. :houllier:
I mean I wasn't comparing him to fecking Welbeck :lol:

But seriously, he still has some of the same rather undeveloped parts to his game that he had in Monaco.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I would kind of agree that Mbappe hasn't progressed quite as much as you'd expect since moving to Paris, but Welbeck and Walcott?

King Kendrick

Please bear in mind there were people on this forum who said, after Welbeck scored against us for Brighton, that he would easily start for us.
I don’t take anyone seriously on the caf anymore aside from a handful of posters after the Henrik transfer thread. But some posts just make you question if ray charles was watching the game for them and that’s who gives them these opinions

RooneyLegend

He was not didn’t play as far forward as I’d like to see him but I enjoyed his defensive work and he should have got a goal.
If you're the sort of guy that enjoys Shane Long performances then good for you but I prefer attackers who handle their main responsibilities and he was far from doing that.

Abraxas

I don't see how Mbappe wasn't culpable for that offside. The job of the striker is to assess the situation and the opponent and time the run. It doesn't take much awareness to realise he had plenty of leeway against this Germany side so need to steal a march at all. So that's Mbappe's timing and reading of the situation, just hold or bend the run and play the percentages considering his relative pace. I think he himself would know he's made a slight error there when he sees it back and sees how much latitude he had.

Pogba's job is to play a good pass, which he did. Not necessarily to play a first time pass or play it within X seconds, it was a situation where the priority is to get the ball on the right spot because it didn't need anything magical.

It's at the very least joint culpability.

Deery

Dreary
If you're the sort of guy that enjoys Shane Long performances then good for you but I prefer attackers who handle their main responsibilities and he was far from doing that.
Why didn’t you say Harry Kane? He gets praised for his defensive work also..

Nothing he can do if he doesn’t get the pass..

Gandalf

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
In a way it is quite nice to see the best team in the world (imo) sit back a little. Everybody seem to think the only way to win is to play a high line and to dominate.
They sit back because they have a very cautious coach who plays that way. It’s criminal really, with the resources at his disposal. I like so many of their players but I just wish they were coached by someone more cavalier.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Um, what?!

Denis79

After seeing all teams play, I have to say France are my favorites to win it. Calm, collected and very mature team.