Day 8: Japan vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Morocco | Croatia vs Canada | Spain vs Germany

PoTMS

1st and 2nd place doesn't make much of a difference in this group... Would you rather be on the Netherlands/Argentina/Brazil half of the draw or France/England/Portugal (the probable quarter finals).
Winner faces Morocco then Brazil.
Runners up face Croatia then Portugal/Uruguay/Switzerland.

I know if it's was me I'd prefer the latter.

nickp91

Proud of Canada for these first two games 2nd ranked team in the world (Belgium) and 2018 finalists (Croatia) is a very tough draw but we’ve gone and competed This will be good experience for 2026

RedDevilRoshi

Hopefully Germany win. Just to make the final group games intriguing and everything to play for all the teams.

Looking forward to watching Musiala, Gavi & Pedri.

Lyricist

Japan really fecked up, would’ve been great to see Germany under immense pressure against Spain.
I'm 100% sure the pressure will still be on in their minds.
Germany already on their worst ever run of international tournaments in football history. Every team in the group is on 3 points atm, Germany on 0. They will want to set things right for sure.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

So Portugal or Brazil, Brazil obviously stronger but then semi final would be Netherlands/Argentina or England/France. Goes both ways. Would say it's 50/50.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Just me that hates the whole "countdown to kickoff" thing they're doing in the stadium?

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Given the group results one can think that Spain will school Germany and their awful defense but yeah...

RedDevilMachine

So Portugal or Brazil, Brazil obviously stronger but then semi final would be Netherlands/Argentina or England/France. Goes both ways. Would say it's 50/50.
Germany would definitely prefer Portugal that's for sure. Think it's better for them to finish second. If they do, I expect them to make the semi-final.

PoTMS

England would get battered against this Spain side. We need them to stay on the other side of the draw and get knocked out hopefully by someone else. I'd fancy our chances more against the likes of Brazil and Argentina.

Real Name

Think that's a little cruel on Canada. They started quite well but didn't know what to do after going ahead. Not sure Croatia are really good enough to threaten. they often seem to have one or two good games and then just fall apart
:lol:

You always crack me up.

Lyricist

We officially arrived.

I lost my voice of all the screaming.

And a bit drunk.
I can't take the word "arrived" seriously anymore in a football sense since the "Tottenham have officially arrived in Europe" and "Tottenham have officically departed from Europe" threads a few years ago.
Congrats on the win for sure, great performance!

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City

Don't know how you've already put Morocco second. They can easily end up to of their group, especially with the last fixture.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Roma playing Juve off the park in the early going.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Every time Germany had a cool shirt, they ended up eliminated quite quickly.