Day 9: Brazil vs Costa Rica, Nigeria vs Iceland, Serbia vs Switzerland

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Brazil are so similar to United.
They go on the left hand side everytime, and their star gives it away.
Matic - Casemiro
Paulinho - Herrera
Their right hand side has been rubbish like ours too, if this is what Willian would be like at United I'd pass on him.
Fred should fit right in though because they play in such a similar way.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Firmino and Douglas Costa need to be on the pitch.

Neymar’s been very disappointing

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The constant whinging at the ref. It’s probably just me, but the theatrics seem to be getting worse every year.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pretty poor by Brazil. There’s a real lack of cohesion.

Firmino should come on for Jesus

el3mel

This has 1-0 Brazil win in a borefest written all over it.

People need to stop predicting big results for this Brazil side.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Willian will not elevate us to the level we need. Not at all.
How do you mean? That he won't singlehandedly turn us into a top quality side? Yeah, he won't. But he'd be a fantastic option on the right.

By the same logic - judging players from the World Cup - Messi is poor and Neymar nothing special.

Siorac

Brazil have been very uninspiring so far in this World Cup.

Based on the evidence so far, this is anyone's tournament. None of the obvious favourites have been convincing. Who's going to get their act together first, I wonder.

LoCalXT

Let's hope Jose is watching Willian
THIS is exactly what he will bring to United when teams park the bus ..... NOTHING !

The United

How do you mean? That he won't singlehandedly turn us into a top quality side? Yeah, he won't. But he'd be a fantastic option on the right.

By the same logic - judging players from the World Cup - Messi is poor and Neymar nothing special.
By the extreme logic you mean?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brazil are wank against organized defenses. Their whole group is solid defensive sides but slow attacking so we cant really see how they deal with that side of the game. Keep waiting for them to show something that puts them among the main teams apart from on paper... but cant say that for anyone really! All the somewhat big sides are around the same.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Everything is possible but can't see Brazil getting far in the tournament. Spain, Croatia, Belgium and Mexico looking better.

el3mel

Before the tournament stats I said Kane, Pogba and Neymar are my pick for players who need strong response in this World Cup. So far Neymar is the only one who has been very, very disappointing.

ArjenIsM3

IMHO the ref has been pretty good here. Brasil (Neymar) diving and whining as usual, the ref not having any of it. Neymar should be thankful he's not on a yellow yet. Instead, he has another go at the ref at half-time. Many drama. Such wow.

Hamzah

Brazil have been very disappointing thus far. I believe they have the players but unfortunately not the manager to utilize them. I’m not sure if he is as conservative as Deschamps who seems not to be able to get the best out of the French team. Is it that or he is simply incompetent?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
If Brazil lose this they’re going to be in an even worse position than Argentina. Even a draw will be very risky

Alabaster Codify7

And people felt we were upgrading by selling martial for this unimaginative 30 year old workhorse.

I'm far from a Martial fanboy, though. Wouldn't be against him leaving if that's his mind made up, but not to be replaced by this dude for 60m. Christ almighty.

This Brazil team is turd. Boring as hell.

WC has got 'Greece' written all over it, some underdog hopefully smashes them out of the park - the big guns have been awful so far.

Fenomeno9

I didn’t think the lose of Daniel Alves was this huge. We have no creativity coming out the right side.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
And people felt we were upgrading by selling martial for this unimaginative 30 year old workhorse.
Perisic might not have the technique but is more dangerous all around. Never liked Willian's style. Scores some worldies but overall an uninspiring player.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think its more the acceptance that hard working, pragmatic players like Willian will likely fare better in our system than flair attackers like Sanchez and Martial do

bosnian_red

Everything is possible but can't see Brazil getting far in the tournament. Spain, Croatia, Belgium and Mexico looking better.
Even England look better! But yeah, Spain, Portugal, France, Croatia, Belgium, England, brazil, Germany, even long shots like Mexico/Serbia/Russia... can be any upsets this world cup. Nobody sticks out.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nope, I'd say France in this tournement pretty much resemble us. Dull, tedious, underwhelming but still getting the job done.
Brazil have been exactly that so far though, this has boring 1-0 written all over it.
I suppose one similarity France have over Brazil is they actually have Pogba in their boring midfield.

podurban2

The hype for Brazil and Neymar on here was pretty hilarious in retrospect :lol:

bosnian_red

If Brazil lose this they’re going to be in an even worse position than Argentina. Even a draw will be very risky
Nah a draw it's still in their hands. Need to beat Serbia, though if Serbia win today then Brazil with a draw would be 2nd anyway right now. Basically they need to beat Serbia on game 3, which is no guarantee as theyll come up against the same problems. But dont think they'll be quite as bad as Argentina.

rollingstoned1

I think its more the acceptance that hard working, pragmatic players like Willian will likely fare better in our system than flair attackers like Sanchez and Martial do
You cant have a team full of them though and then complain that the team lacks incisiveness and imagination. If we spend what is being quoted for willian i guarantee in 2 to 3 years at most he will replace valencia as a rb after delivering meh resultd on the wing. My comment is based on watching him for chelsea and not just this match or the previous one btw.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The constant whinging at the ref. It’s probably just me, but the theatrics seem to be getting worse every year.
Ref's need to book everyone who does that whose not the captain.

rollingstoned1

Even England look better! But yeah, Spain, Portugal, France, Croatia, Belgium, England, brazil, Germany, even long shots like Mexico/Serbia/Russia... can be any upsets this world cup. Nobody sticks out.
I think england could do it. I actually enjoyed watching them in the first half against Tunisia, energy and movement up front in general seems to be at a premium this tournament.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
If Brasil don't pay attention, this might very well end up as the Euros + Uruguay and possibly Senegal/Mexico after the group stages.