Dayot Upamecano | Signs for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowYouDoin

They are getting ready to sell him. Leipzig is signing young Croatian CB Josko Gvardiol who is supposed to be the next big thing at that position and that deal will be done in a few days. Its a deal for about 20 million so its not cheap either.
That obviously means Upamecano is gone sooner or later and theyre preparing for it

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Hahaha we are interested in a player that:

isn’t for sale
probably doesn’t want to move after just signing a new contract
Is dependant on selling grossly overpaid/injured/not suitable players

Never change Woodward you clueless tit
Of course he is, he has a release clause. They're not planning long term with him.
He signed it so they get a decent fee.
That's pretty much the case with all our signings.

Lee565

Imagine the fact that we could have signed him for less last summer but because our scouting is woeful we instead opted for an over hyped player and splashed 80 million on Maguire who we could have got for cheaper the season before that, Woodward and judge are true geniuses.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ole was insistent on the club signing Maguire last year. Ole wanted a experienced PL but British core. He and the club changed tact after Bruno, who they dithered with initially.

Since Bruno was a success they've taken off their PL experienced blinkers with the move for Beek,Sancho (who's never played in the PL) and potentially a couple more from abroad too.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Imagine the fact that we could have signed him for less last summer but because our scouting is woeful we instead opted for an over hyped player and splashed 80 million on Maguire who we could have got for cheaper the season before that, Woodward and judge are true geniuses.
Last summer he was recovering from a knee injury that saw him out for 6 months, which is partially why no one signed him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Of course he is, he has a release clause. They're not planning long term with him.
He signed it so they get a decent fee.
That's pretty much the case with all our signings.
His new deal was signed with a lower release clause so he would 100% give RBL one more season and it would be even easier for him to move at the end of this season. Why would he go back on that for us? He has his choice of clubs. The time to start going for him was before he signed that deal but we are late and slow as always.

croadyman

His new deal was signed with a lower release clause so he would 100% give RBL one more season and it would be even easier for him to move at the end of this season. Why would he go back on that for us? He has his choice of clubs. The time to start going for him was before he signed that deal but we are late and slow as always.
Yeah cannot see any way that Leipzig will go back on their word to sell him this summer

croadyman

If united offer them more than the clause, why wouldn't they
Are they willing to do that though and like Ducker says it's fully reliant on selling CB deadwood and unlike other clubs we have great difficulty shifting it

RUCK4444

Just pay more than the release clause and make it worth their while. We will only lose out on him next summer otherwise, when every club in Europe come sniffing around.

If I were him I'd fancy my chances of getting straight into the starting 11 as well, big time.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Because we could offer more money than that clause. I'm not denying we're late and slow, we seem extremely amateurish when it comes to deals on positions we really need. VDB shows when we can strike a good deal, we will move it on very quickly.

croadyman

Just pay more than the release clause and make it worth their while. We will only lose out on him next summer otherwise, when every club in Europe come sniffing around.

If I were him I'd fancy my chances of getting straight into the starting 11 as well, big time.
I would like us to sign him now too but doesn't feel like the club is willing to take a hit on our CB deadwood in order to free up wages.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
RBL is primarily a business oriented side. Like Keita, if they receive more money this year they will sell. What would be that amount is something which we don't know.

Hulksmash

His Release Clause is 42M next year. So Pay him 60M now and get the deal done.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Are they willing to do that though and like Ducker says it's fully reliant on selling CB deadwood and unlike other clubs we have great difficulty shifting it
Smalling -> Roma (18M) (experience)
Jones -> West Ham (5M) (experience)
Rojo -> Unspecified Argentinian Side (3M) (experience)

Mata -> Spain (3-5M) (age experience)
Lingard -> Spurs (15-18M) (27 years old prime time)

The rest are a bonus, IF united can't sell them, slash their price by 2M or so, their wages over a year is a headache which will add up.

Assuming 80k p/w on 4 players is £20m a year.

MrSingh2002

Nothing but fake news briefs given by Woodward. Seen this far too often to believe it these days.

croadyman

Because we could offer more money than that clause. I'm not denying we're late and slow, we seem extremely amateurish when it comes to deals on positions we really need. VDB shows when we can strike a good deal, we will move it on very quickly.
The difference with that being VDS involved helped to speed up the process and also didn't have to shift players in that position either like we would with this one

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Smalling -> Roma (18M) (experience)
Jones -> West Ham (5M) (experience)
Rojo -> Unspecified Argentinian Side (3M) (experience)

Mata -> Spain (3-5M) (age experience)
Lingard -> Spurs (15-18M) (27 years old prime time)

The rest are a bonus, IF united can't sell them, slash their price by 2M or so, their wages over a year is a headache which will add up.

Assuming 80k p/w on 4 players is £20m a year.
Nobody is paying £5m for Phil Jones... not even the morons at West Ham!

Doubt anyone would pay £1m for him.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Nobody is paying £5m for Phil Jones... not even the morons at West Ham!

Doubt anyone would pay £1m for him.
I think for a premier league footballer you would be lucky to get someone for £1M.

When is the last time a Premier League club sold to another Premier League club for £1M?

Find me a 28 year old that's been in the EPL that moves for that fee.

The fact Jones has 2 legs and plays in the EPL makes him worth £3-5M at least, one for each leg and 1 for playing in the EPL.

RUCK4444

I would like us to sign him now too but doesn't feel like the club is willing to take a hit on our CB deadwood in order to free up wages.
Thing is, we aren't going to shift any of the deadwood for a decent fee anyway, clubs won't want to pay their wages. They are made of glass as well.

It get's to the point where it would be more commercially favourable to release them for free and save their wages.

croadyman

Thing is, we aren't going to shift any of the deadwood for a decent fee anyway, clubs won't want to pay their wages. They are made of glass as well.

It get's to the point where it would be more commercially favourable to release them for free and save their wages.
Yeah we have definitely reached that point for me already but the club unfortunately don't seem to see things in the same way

passing-wind

Might as well get rid of Jones for free and consider his wages leverage for a fee. The reason we are struggling to sell players is likely are valuations being too high and when your a poor negotiator such as our useless hierarchy we cannot pull anything off.

Judas

Open to offers

I agree, bit surprised we've not done this with some of our ridiculously longstanding deadwood. Must be a money thing, but on the outside looking in it seems just a logical thing to do at this point.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think for a premier league footballer you would be lucky to get someone for £1M.

When is the last time a Premier League club sold to another Premier League club for £1M?

Find me a 28 year old that's been in the EPL that moves for that fee.

The fact Jones has 2 legs and plays in the EPL makes him worth £3-5M at least, one for each leg and 1 for playing in the EPL.
He's not just any ordinary EPL player though, he's a man who everyone knows can't stay fit. Nobody is going to spend £5m on a player that they can't even guarantee will make more then 10 appearances over a season.

We literally just offloaded Sanchez for free (albeit that was just to get his wages off the books) so it's not like the club wouldn't be prepared to do it if a suitor came in. We probably would get a fee but it will be nominal at best.... he's on high wages too so whoever he's going to would have to factor that in too.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Cut our loses by ripping up their contract if possible. Likely do us more harm than good in this window but they need to get out asap.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The difference with that being VDS involved helped to speed up the process and also didn't have to shift players in that position either like we would with this one
I don't think VDS helped, the price was reasonable and Ajax have always been reasonable in letting their players move on. We definitely need to get rid of at least one defender before we buy another one, but let's say Smalling goes tomorrow, I reckon we could quite easily agree a fee we find reasonable.

SATA

I rather we not get the Telles guy and spend his money + whatever needed for Dayot. He's the one we need in our defence and i am prepared to have Williams at LB as backup

croadyman

I rather we not get the Telles guy and spend his money + whatever needed for Dayot. He's the one we need in our defence and i am prepared to have Williams at LB as backup
Honestly think we could still afford both but wouldn't expect him to leave until the release clause activates next summer

Status
Not open for further replies.