De Boer sacked only weeks into his reign (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well, I mean, he sort of deserved it. 4 losses with 0 goals is pretty untenable, and you'd imagine he's already alienated half the dressing room with his 'continental football'. Still... What were Palace's board expecting? They were hardly stable last season, and bringing in a manager with such a distinct style of play was going to be hard to perfect within weeks.

kotha

Shouldn't have hired him in te first place.. His philosophy needed time.. And palace couldn't afford it.. Maybe he should have been more pragmatic and introduced the change more slowly,but I don't think the results would have changed much.. The Board needs to take a lot of blame too..

On that note who do we think is next? I'm going with Bilic..

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Overrated coach, very stubborn and unable to adapt to his squad. He's kind of like Pep, he'd do well at a very dominant team, but struggles if he has to play better teams on a regular basis.

Still the people that decided to hire him should sack themselves too. This was never going to work out.

Blind

Watching them against Burnley they looked decent, alright the goal conceded was from a dodgy back pass but there was none of this 'Ajax style' trying to be implemented. It's not De Boer's fault none of his players can take their chances. The board either should have backed him in the market or not hired him at all.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Not really surprising is it. 4 games, 0 goals, looks pretty much clueless. You have to wonder why the hell would you even hire him in the first place though, complete shambles at Inter, even his last season at Ajax has been shite iirc and they simply gifted the title to PSV that season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Big same to the rescue again? Or is too too early?

Angelinho

Shame they couldn't have given him another 3 league matches. But then again Hodgson is no great shakes either.

Zoo

Bit worried about TFM if Hodgson is the replacement. I reckon he'd prefer to start the experienced players.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I do think sacking him after 4 games is pretty ridiculous though, at least 10. That way you can see if he can change it around but also still have plenty of time to appoint another manager if they're struggling.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
You really have to wonder about the lamebrain leadership at Palace to even contemplate appointing someone whose style of play was at complete odds with the current squad and previous management. And then have the temerity to expect instant success when change was only going to ever take place in the longer term.

The Bloody-Nine

I do think sacking him after 4 games is pretty ridiculous though, at least 10. That way you can see if he can change it around but also still have plenty of time to appoint another manager if they're struggling.
It's ludicrous. Almost as ludicrous as hiring the guy in the first place, expecting him to turn the club around / impose his ideas, then giving him no money to sign players.

The people in charge are a shambles.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
If they appoint Hodgson I'm going to be actively hoping they get relegated. Simply because he's even worse than De Boer, why did Allardyce leave?

pacifictheme

I wonder how many managers in history would have a worse record in terms of first four games in charge of a club in the top flight.

No goals
No points

Abysmal.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
The Palace hierarchy need to take a fair share of the blame for this. They should have known what they were getting themselves in for when they appointed de Boer. The last non British manager Palace appointed before do Boer didn't last long, so maybe there's something there even if the sample size is small.

Solver

sad but wrong on both sides- the club is rotten and they shouldn't have apointed him in the first place. He's really not so good a manager and it was obvious after his Italian experiment that he is not all that ... maybe for now

Needham

Overrated coach, very stubborn and unable to adapt to his squad. He's kind of like Pep, he'd do well at a very dominant team, but struggles if he has to play better teams on a regular basis.

Still the people that decided to hire him should sack themselves too. This was never going to work out.
Yet they never are. 4 games? How satanically poisonous must it be behind the scenes?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
You really have to wonder about the lamebrain leadership at Palace to even contemplate appointing someone whose style of play was at complete odds with the current squad and previous management. And then have the temerity to expect instant success when change was only going to ever take place in the longer term.
This sums it up about right.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not surprising. Hodgson must be a good fit with the players they have, might survive relegation.

alsabi

Is there a clause in Fosu-Mensah's loan for an early recall in January (in case he gets little to no playing time under the new manager)?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Four games in? Disgraceful. Truly crap by a chairman, who by the way appointed the guy so what does that say about him?

Status
Not open for further replies.