De Boer sacked only weeks into his reign (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
You really have to wonder about the lamebrain leadership at Palace to even contemplate appointing someone whose style of play was at complete odds with the current squad and previous management. And then have the temerity to expect instant success when change was only going to ever take place in the longer term.
Yep. One of those idiotic, 'aspirational' appointments. They decided what they wanted to be without ever stopping to consider whether that was even possible. I'd bet my house that Parish had some agent in his ear extolling De Boer's virtues, which ultimately got him the job. And now he'll wash his hands of it, probably £5m worse off.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I wonder how many managers in history would have a worse record in terms of first four games in charge of a club in the top flight.

No goals
No points

Abysmal.
Not that it matters now but they should have scored more than one goal yesterday. They had more than enough chances to win that game.

But de Boer was always an odd appointment given his struggles at Inter and the squad at Palace which just doesn't match the type of manager he comes across as.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Crazy decision that unfortunately sums up all that is wrong with football nowadays.

Lowkey

Its harsh but its deserved. 4 games, 0 goals is a disgrace. This is a results business at the end of the day and with the squad they have they should not be in the position they are in. He was clearly out of his depth

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Hodgson sacked after going two minutes without a goal

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Roy Hodgson the clueless clown as Crystal Palace manager :lol:

They are gonna go down.

LLMU

I watched the second half against Burnley and with Benteke, Townsend and Cabaye in their line up, it should mean that they are at least capable of getting a goal. But four games with no goal score. That is really something wrong with the manager's tactics or the players are simply not delivering for him.

Nick7

"Too big for Palace" yeah right. Bad manager, bad appointment. Cutting their losses now rather than tank their season.

Unmutual

Remarkable. Shows the Board in an incredibly bad light. Seems they thought they could go from Pulis/Allardyce to Ajax in a month, and then screwed the whole thing when it turned out to take longer than that. End of the day, they might scrape by this year, but clubs as haphazardly run as Palace go down in the end. See Sunderland.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bit harsh. Hodgson has a very good managerial record and in England.
No he doesn't.

He has at the absolute best a bang average managerial record.

And his time with England was nothing short of shambolic.

starman

Silly, i thought they were decent against Liverpool and outplayed Burnley, and would have got a draw were it not for the individual error.

De Boer himself is a attraction for players. Palace had a line to Ajax's talent pool, and now cut that off and they replace him with a 70 year old manager :houllier:

They have two home games up coming, should have at the very least allowed to stay on for those

Last edited:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
What a fecking joke. And then replacing him with Roy Hodgson? Absolutely clueless from the owners.

How some of these people rise to these positions in football clubs baffles me.

Needham

Tedious indictment of British manager/boardroom scene if they go straight for Hodgson. De Boer might have been a daft risk but there's no Dyche or Howe in the lower leagues?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
They should've tried for Showbiz Brendan:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I watched the second half against Burnley and with Benteke, Townsend and Cabaye in their line up, it should mean that they are at least capable of getting a goal. But four games with no goal score. That is really something wrong with the manager's tactics or the players are simply not delivering for him.
Cabaye has hardly played, the Burnley game was the first time he'd had 90 minutes. He's only had 122 in total (I know this because I put him in my FF team and justr moved him out because they never play the fecker :mad:).

Needham

"Hodgson has been out of work since he quit the England job following a humiliating defeat by Iceland at Euro 2016. He is greatly enthused by the idea of returning to Palace, where he was a youth-team player.
Hodgson’s erstwhile No2 Ray Lewington was on Palace coaching staff for three years in the mid-1990s and will presumably accompany the 70-year-old if the appointment is confirmed."

Oh, I'd be so fecking enthused if I was a Palace fan.

CM

It was massively optimistic to get Palace playing like Ajax but sacking him after 4 games is madness, especially when Hodgson is the replacement.

They've got City, United and Chelsea in their their next 4 games too. They might as well have let de Boer take the fall for those losses before bringing Hodgson in as the saviour of their season.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
So what happened here? 4 matches, zero goals or wins - that's the gist of it? I hadn't followed him since his time at Ajax as a manager but not a lot of Inter fans were too fond of him either. More of an assistant than main coach?

djdhrubs

Damn. I'm going to the Palace game and was hoping to see them play open, attacking football against us.

Bestietom

Just wondering what will happen with Fosu now that de Boer has been sacked..

Watched Fosu yesterday playing with Palace against Burnley and he did not put a foot wrong..

He was calm at the back,and was at ease on the ball. Frank de Boer has complimented him this season on his performances so far...

He says he plans on primarily using Fosu-Mensah as a defender in a back three but says he could play in all three positions.

Timothy is a player who has great pace and incredible physical ability,’ said de Boer. In today’s game you need players with strength and speed and he is a player who can also play in midfield. I am seeing him in our system as a right centre-back but he can also play full-back in a 4-3-3.

He is still only 19 years old and has a great future. I hope the new manager of Palace plays him regularly as this is what he needs.

I followed Fosu when he played with the academy, and I remember saying to my mate, "This guy is one to watch"...

I still pick up on how he is doing out on loan with Palace this season...I really like him as a player and hope he gets his chance here when he returns...Well done young man...

Status
Not open for further replies.