De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I will be pleased when he leaves. Not good enough with his feet and is also a pussy cat, which for a goalkeeper is unacceptable.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Fantastic keeper.

I hope we keep him.

Won't sign a new contract?

Bye, thanks, bye!

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Wonder where all these posts were when he was saving our bacon week in week out.
Do you think past performances count for much when form is completely gone? Rooney would still play for United... Let's see if he can find his very best form again or if he has peaked or actually needs a new challenge

In DDG's case, it is a question of his demands. If they are as unreasonable as reported, then it is just not worth to keep him. We saw what happens if you overpay badly, and we did it enough in the past already.

Judas

Open to offers
Wonder where all these posts were when he was saving our bacon week in week out.
Bit of a weird point. It's not really a surprise people weren't slagging him off when he was playing well is it. Who would have thought people were more desperate to keep him when he was playing like he was the best in the world.

Fans are fickle, but there's still some logic to opinions.

Treble

People pretending that losing DDG wouldn't be that bad...They might be right if we are signing someone in his class but could you believe that Woody would pull it off?

Last edited:

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Yet you've continued to focus on making irrelevant points, so what's the point.
My point had relevance, it's not my fault that you are either too stupid or too stubborn to comprehend that.

We do agree on one thing though, this conversation has become pointless, good work.

We'll See Out There!

Lets only keep players who want to be at United, simple as that. I'd say DDG has already a super contract, ok, it might need a little inflation lift but has he been all that this year? His distribution has been really poor recently as well. I would like him to stay but he always seems to show a bit of leg to Madrid every summer, commit or hand in the old transfer request Dave.

RooneyLegend

Do you think past performances count for much when form is completely gone? Rooney would still play for United... Let's see if he can find his very best form again or if he has peaked or actually needs a new challenge

In DDG's case, it is a question of his demands. If they are as unreasonable as reported, then it is just not worth to keep him. We saw what happens if you overpay badly, and we did it enough in the past already.
That would make sense, if we were talking about a player out of his physical prime but we're not. We are simply talking about a player who's lost form due to whatever reason. The sudden belief that, that will continue next season is ridiculous given what we've seen from him.

What im asking is all these guys with detailed accounts of frailties in his were when he was dragging us to second place.

Red_toad

If I was DDG I would be struggling to think of one reason to stay.
He wants more money, that’s what all the stories about his future have conveyed. Looks like he’ll run down his contract and go get said money at another club if United don’t make him available for transfer now.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That Spoofex fella from Reddit said DDG is nailed on for PSG this summer, posted it in an update a few weeks ago.

Mainoldo

I bloody hope so. PSG seem to be a great shout. Cough up the money. It would be a disaster if he’s allowed to leave on a free.

Side note. I find it funny how they can get rid of Buffon but we’re still trying to extend Mata’s contract. We’re backwards.

ash_86

120m+ bid sounds reasonable, everything considered. Use that money to buy Oblak, or maybe that up and coming goalie from the French League.
Really? I cannot see anything past 55-60m. Last year of contract.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
I bloody hope so. PSG seem to be a great shout. Cough up the money. It would be a disaster if he’s allowed to leave on a free.

Side note. I find it funny how they can get rid of Buffon but we’re still trying to extend Mata’s contract. We’re backwards.
They didn't, he says they offered a renewal but he's decided to leave.

manunited1919

120m+ bid sounds reasonable, everything considered. Use that money to buy Oblak, or maybe that up and coming goalie from the French League.
I wouldn’t be surprised by a £40m bid. PSG will have to step up his current wages, otherwise he will just run down the contract.

AJ10

Anything over 50 mil is good considering he wants to go and has 1 year left.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hazard is going for 100m euros, I think we should be aiming around 70m for DDG

spe88

I would take the money from PSG and get Donnarumma. Raiola must be rubbing his hands at the thoughts too

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

Good luck to him, he's carried us for years.

De Gea deserves to be winning major trophies with his quality.

Last edited:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Right..first major trophy up is Ligue 1. Next Ligue 1. Rinse and repeat, congrats Dave.
Or... by staying here, he gets to look forward to the top 4 trophy if he's lucky. Gee, tough choice Dave.

Last edited:

FujiVice

Doesnt send out a good message if we lose Herrera, Pogba, Lukaku and De Gea in the same window.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He cost us the top 4 trophy this season.

Yet he deserves better.

Blah.
Oh so it's all his fault now?

1. How many years has he carried us?
  2. He wasn't the key reason we finished 2nd?
  3. How many CL's has he missed out on, not joining Madrid in the meantime?

There's no hard feelings from me.

He deserves more appreciation.

USREDEVIL

Oh so it's all his fault now?

How many years has he carried us? He wasn't the key reason we finished 2nd?

How many CL's has he missed out on, not joining Madrid in the meantime?

There's no hard feelings from me.

He deserves more appreciation.
You a bit salty there ;).
He has been a great keeper no doubt. However, going to PSG to me is all about the money, let's be real here.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
You a bit salty there ;).
He has been a great keeper no doubt. However, going to PSG to me is all about the money, let's be real here.
What the... yes he's joining PSG in the CL to play with better players, for the money.

Don't we pay him the highest salary for a keeper in the world already? He sure is paid buttons here...

People may join PSG for money, but in this case I can't see it. DDG is likely after success & trophies. Which, you really can't blame him for can you?

Last edited:

USREDEVIL

What the... yes he's joining PSG in the CL to play with better players, for the money.

Don't we pay him the highest salary for a keeper in the world already? He sure is paid buttons here...

People may join PSG for money, but in this case I can't see it. DDG is likely after success & trophies. Which, you really can't blame him for can you?
Ligue 1 is PSG's to lose year in year out. They are regular chumps in the champion's league. Is winning the Ligue 1 trophy really a great "success" for him or anyone else at PSG? Anyways that's my opinion and you're entitled to yours. I want him to stay and be part of our rebuild so i'm a bit salty if he's jumping to PSG.

kundalini

That Spoofex fella from Reddit said DDG is nailed on for PSG this summer, posted it in an update a few weeks ago.
Marca says PSG are negotiating with Real Madrid for Keylor Navas, who was told a few weeks ago that he could leave Madrid. Conversations still at a very early stage. https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/06/05/5cf827e1e2704e5c488b45b7.html

Navas would be cheaper in terms of transfer fee this summer, lower salary, and has won 3 Champions League trophies. It would be crazy to buy De Gea right now when his form has been horrendous.

De Gea to PSG on a free transfer next season I'd be willing to believe, not for a significant fee this summer.

Last edited:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Ligue 1 is PSG's to lose year in year out. They are regular chumps in the champion's league. Is winning the Ligue 1 trophy really a great "success" for him or anyone else at PSG? Anyways that's my opinion and you're entitled to yours. I want him to stay and be part of our rebuild so i'm a bit salty if he's jumping to PSG.
They can offer a regular shot at the CL every season. If they don't win that, well he'll win a few Ligue 1's at least. Simple decision tbh.

I get it. He's the best keeper in the world and we're Utd fans. Of course I would love him to stay, but he's already stayed longer than I expected in the current circumstances, so I won't begrudge him his move if his hearts not in it anymore. Good luck to him. It's not his fault we haven't progressed properly.

Hopefully, this is the jolt Woodward and his team needed, to get their act together. Stop resting on their laurels like they have been guilty of doing.

Mainoldo

I’ve never seen someone appreciated so much for turning down a sh!t load of cash to go to a pub league to win a worthless trophy.

I mean have some integrity guys. I hope he f’s off and I have no good lucks for him on the move. The fact that he has to go to PSG shows how mad his wage demands are.

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Other than champions league for next season is it even a move up for him? He will win the league as there's no genuine competition for them anyways but he was there firsthand to watch them fold like wet tissues in the champions league against united.

Status
Not open for further replies.