De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 101269

Other than champions league for next season is it even a move up for him? He will win the league as there's no genuine competition for them anyways but he was there firsthand to watch them fold like wet tissues in the champions league against united.
After his performances in the CL perhaps PSG is the correct place for him?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I reckon he's a goner this time... not that he'll win the Cl at PSG either! But in all honesty, won't miss him as much as would have done two seasons ago

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Keep him the season and use it to scout his replacement extensively. He didn't cost that much and we've got great service out of him, there is also a possibility his career is on a downward trajectory. Look at Hart, for example.

Bestietom

If we can get 60million for him now, take it. He won't sign a new contract and we have 2 top goalkeepers in Romero and Henderson.

Stacks

We all appreciate his service over the years. he has been fantastic. His form this season has made the pill of him leaving a bit easier to swallow. Coupled with the emergence of more rounded GK showing us thats it is more than just about being an excellent shot stopper, as when this fails, you become ordinary. I also feel fans are concerned about his mentality as he doesn't seem to be able to get on with his job when there is uncertainty (pay, Madrid rumours) which seems either unprofessional or weak minded.
I think fans also don't feel that a keeper off the back of his worst season (50 league goals conceded) should be rewarded with a higher contract than what is being offered (highest paid GK in the world). when you add it all up, many just want this saga ended and to say goodbye and good luck in Paris

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not sure how he can still justify 350k after having a bit of a stinker this season (for him, anyway). Should move him on this season and form a pathway for Henderson. Not sure how we do that though.

United_We_Stand

Alan Nixon: "United’s money men are braced for a bid from the French outfit and will accept between £60m and £75m.
And — as we revealed last week — the Old Trafford club will have to give De Gea, 28, a whopping golden handshake to make him go now rather than wait until his United contract runs out next summer.
The figure of £20m is being mentioned by those involved and that would compensate United for the loss and may be enough for De Gea to up sticks sooner."

They is no way PSG would offer £60m.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Alan Nixon: "United’s money men are braced for a bid from the French outfit and will accept between £60m and £75m.
And — as we revealed last week — the Old Trafford club will have to give De Gea, 28, a whopping golden handshake to make him go now rather than wait until his United contract runs out next summer.
The figure of £20m is being mentioned by those involved and that would compensate United for the loss and may be enough for De Gea to up sticks sooner."

They is no way PSG would offer £60m.
We'd be lucky to get £30m

Bestietom

Seems he wants a big pay off from us. A huge percentage of whatever we get for him, or he will stay until his contract runs out. More players are going to follow suit.

VJ1762

It will be difficult seeing Dave in another team. He deserves to be playing in the CL next season, at a much better run club, where they will not be playing the chuckle brothers in front of him. He gave us 8 years of fabulous service and was the only shining light in the otherwise messed up post-Fergie era. That performance against Arsenal was the definition of a player in the zone. Probably the best shot stopper I will ever witness. So glad that he donned the gloves for our club.

Thanks for the memories big man, and good luck.

Garebo

Bin him to PSG and invest that money in other positions except gk. We could use Romero and Henderson in that position for anda year and see what is going to happen. If they prove they are not up to it then buy a gk next summer. We are not contenders for next season so let's use youth instead of overpaid players.

Red For Ever

He cost us the top 4 trophy this season.

Yet he deserves better.

Blah.

He did not cost us top 4.
The team did.
There were quite a few others whose performance was well below standard.
Very few came out of last season with any credit.

I thought top 4 had gone before Ole arrived
We got back in it, then the team threw it away again.

As for him going to PSG surprised and disappointed.
If he won’t sign new contract, sell now, get something for him
Might as well replace now , instead of next year.

He has been fantastic for us, and been paid very well for that.
But if he wants to run his contract down so we get nothing, unless we
give him even more. Then sell now.

He is entitled to seek the best salary he can, wherever he can get it,
It’s a reminder to us that even the majority of our stars see it as a job,
not the way the way most fans see it.

How many times have we seen players kiss the badge, and later move for more money,
Especially, but not only players from further afield.

In his case , good luck, but not impressed by the way he is leaving. ( if it’s true )

R'hllor

In my mind this wuss left after fax gate, so this whole thing around him now doesnt bother me at all, feels good.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Seems he wants a big pay off from us. A huge percentage of whatever we get for him, or he will stay until his contract runs out. More players are going to follow suit.
So let him stay, just don't play him. Isn't Euro 2020 coming up? Therefore, he has a choice, go now and we get some money, or sit on your arse and watch yourself lose your spot for Spain. There's no problem if our board would have some fecking balls.

cyberman

You’re embarrassing.
Let me guess, he deserves to hold us to ransom because we're so bad right?
Paying him to move is a scumbag move but well done. United means feck all right? Imagine every player pulled this shit.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
So let him stay, just don't play him. Isn't Euro 2020 coming up? Therefore, he has a choice, go now and we get some money, or sit on your arse and watch yourself lose your spot for Spain. There's no problem if our board would have some fecking balls.
Have Spain got anyone else? I can’t see DeGea playing another major tournament for Spain. He made some howlers for them and as good as he is I honestly thinks he gets dizzy with nerves for the big occasions.

He’s not used to it with us for the last 7 years or so, put him in a big game and I start getting nervous.

Also, I’m not keen on this wanting a pay off or threatening to stay a year and leave for free. threatening to stay and play shit? Not as much effort or concern? The world of football is getting harder and harder to like with all the money involved. I’ve loved DeGea over the years but this leaves a sour taste.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fantastic way to treat our players. That should encourage more to sign for us.

Jazz

He's taking the piss out of us Pexbo.... De Gea doesn't give a damn about Manchester United.

-Supreme-

If he doesn't sign a new contract this summer then we shouldn't play him at all next season.

If we keep letting our players do this then they will either be getting a big fat contract or leave us for nothing.

Red00012

Let me guess, he deserves to hold us to ransom because we're so bad right?
Paying him to move is a scumbag move but well done. United means feck all right? Imagine every player pulled this shit.
Well no, 1st of all this is probably BS.
Secondly I doubt he’s going anywhere as we have enough problems to be sorting further out on the field and also trying to sort a goalkeeper.
Let him run out his contract, give Henderson a year with Sheff Utd in the PL and have him as our number 1 next season.

BTW a “scumbag” is a name you’d call a rival player not one of our own. Pull yourself together.

Jazz

Have Spain got anyone else? I can’t see DeGea playing another major tournament for Spain. He made some howlers for them and as good as he is I honestly thinks he gets dizzy with nerves for the big occasions.

He’s not used to it with us for the last 7 years or so, put him in a big game and I start getting nervous.

Also, I’m not keen on this wanting a pay off or threatening to stay a year and leave for free. threatening to stay and play shit? Not as much effort or concern? The world of football is getting harder and harder to like with all the money involved. I’ve loved DeGea over the years but this leaves a sour taste.
They've got the guy from Chelsea as their back up keeper.

The bit in bold is exactly how I feel. If he's threatening us with this, we simply take him out of the team. End of story. As I said before, the male directors at our club are lacking some serious balls.

Red00012

Kepa was in goals Friday night , DDG on the bench.

cyberman

Well no, 1st of all this is probably BS.
Secondly I doubt he’s going anywhere as we have enough problems to be sorting further out on the field and also trying to sort a goalkeeper.
Let him run out his contract, give Henderson a year with Sheff Utd in the PL and have him as our number 1 next season.

BTW a “scumbag” is a name you’d call a rival player not one of our own. Pull yourself together.
A scumbag is someone who holds our club to ransom and if he wants that pay off then his performances over the last half of last season sure does help him there...
Hence scumbag.
Its OK to say it. Imagine this were Pogba and Raiola playing at this.

Jazz

Kepa was in goals Friday night , DDG on the bench.
Oh really? Expected it to happen, but not this soon.

Should have kept his concentration at the end of the season instead of giving in to his 'distractions' and throwing them into the back of his net.
Probably thought no one else would notice and blame us for his shite performances.

Jazz

A scumbag is someone who holds our club to ransom and if he wants that pay off then his performances over the last half of last season sure does help him there...
Hence scumbag.
Its OK to say it. Imagine this were Pogba and Raiola playing at this.
Agree with this bit. Let's not have double standards. Pogba only needs to look less than happy and the knives are out. Dave is actively giving us shit, and people are still defending him.

R'hllor

This notion that we are one with the players, you people are mental.

Snuffkin

Agree with this bit. Let's not have double standards. Pogba only needs to look less than happy and the knives are out. Dave is actively giving us shit, and people are still defending him.
Pogba hasn't been our player of the season for 6 consecutive seasons. He has barely turned up at all. De Gea has been the model professional- no Twitter campaign no interviews to the Spanish press.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If he doesn't sign a new contract this summer then we shouldn't play him at all next season.

If we keep letting our players do this then they will either be getting a big fat contract or leave us for nothing.
And the best way to show them is to let them leave for nothing and show other players that we are a club that is prepared to attempt to ruin their career. Brilliant.

How some of you come up with these ideas and simultaneously think you can run the club better than Woodward is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.