De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakuza_devils

He is destined to play for us for his entire career. In this advanced technology age, how can a multi million pounds transfer being ruined by a fax machine! :devil::devil::devil:

To this day, I still suspect that people from our club sabotage the deal. Madrid was really angry because they lost the chance to sign a world class player with very little money.

I love DDG and he is priceless. Give him the new contract with no release clause. We shouldn't sell even for new world transfer record.

Yakuza_devils

I believe the issue is no team wants to pay what it would take to get De Gea, no one wants to spend 60-80m on a GK and tbh we should be asking for more than that

Real want him but they will want him on the cheap
To me DDG cost at least 150m, if it's up to me, I wouldn't sell even for world transfer record fees.

I swear it feel like he is making important saves every match for us to tilt the balance in our favor on tight matches.

RedCurry

The thing about the Big Dane was he was huge. Imagine De Gea with his power to command and his arm-throw.
They are both actually the same height but perhaps Schmeichel had a bigger frame. DDG is better at everything else individually than Schmeichel in my opinion. De Gea stays on his line more often but his reflexes and agility are on another level, something I haven't seen at least from a United keeper.

Trizy

10 year contract and buy his girlfriend a house in sunny Manchester, sorted.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
He is destined to play for us for his entire career. In this advanced technology age, how can a multi million pounds transfer being ruined by a fax machine! :devil::devil::devil:

To this day, I still suspect that people from our club sabotage the deal
. Madrid was really angry because they lost the chance to sign a world class player with very little money.

I love DDG and he is priceless. Give him the new contract with no release clause. We shouldn't sell even for new world transfer record.
Yes, but you can not say that on here. It was clearly us, that wanted to sign a player, who sabotaged our own deal... :rolleyes:

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Yes, saying that, I also remember reading on RAWK years ago people debating who was the better player out of Sinama Pongolle and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Yeah that lad Pongolle was class, whatever happened to the Portuguese kid?

Zlatattack

If i was DDG i'd stall on signing a new contract this year.

1. I'd want to see if we win the league
2. I'd want to see if we strengthen in the summer with the intention to win the league/CL

A player of his talent, possibly the best in the world in his position isn't going to want to look back at the loyalty trophy at the end of the season. A club like RM always aim to win the league and the CL every season - that's the sort of ambition any top club should have, and what top players respond too.

From a UTD perspective we should offer him a top wage, something like £250K p/w. Lets not skimp on the wages for one of our truly WC players, considering what we pay Lingard! We should also put a very painful release clause in there, something like £200 million. If someone wants him, we should be compensated richly. Someone else mentioned a loyalty bonus, that's a good idea too. All the bonuses on his contract should go up every year he is here. so if he gets 5% for winning the league it should be 7 next year, and then 9 etc..

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I already think DDG is the best keeper I have seen and he has his best years to come! he could probably play for another 14 years.We should do everything in our power to keep him and to ensure if he does leave its for a record fee.

van Nistelrooy

If we pin de Gea down to a new long-term deal, it would feel liking winning a trophy.

Hopefully we do open talks soon and don't let negotiations go on for too long. The last thing we need is talk of him refusing to sign and enticing Real to flirt with him again.

Stadjer

Give him whatever he wants, use the marketing team to turn his girlfriend into the most popular artist in England and make him captain.

Just keep him until he retires.. best goalkeeper in the world!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Give him whatever he wants, use the marketing team to turn his girlfriend into the most popular artist in England and make him captain.

Steady on, there's no reason to go THAT far.

Borat Sagdiyev

Give him whatever he wants. We have the ability to pay the highest wages in the world, and it's high time we send a message to Madrid.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

I think this outlandish notion you propose is more difficult than winning 3 CL on the trot.

Nikelesh Reddy

I was actually quite suprised that Real didn't come in for him last summer,but then again,why would you get rid of a goalie who's helped your team win 3 Champions league titles?!!But if we can keep David for another season after this,I wouldn't begrudge him a move at all.If he gives us 7-8 years of good service,then he deserves to be respected by all us,especially because he has always conducted himself immaculately......

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Give him whatever he wants. I would hate to see him leave.

el3mel

I think De Gea is going to settle here. He probably put Madrid move behind his back and is concentrating on his job here. He hasn't been himself last season and looked quite unsettled for most part of the season but this one he looks sharp and focused.

Last edited:

Stadjer

Steady on, there's no reason to go THAT far.
He is that good, i think going that far is fair... i dont like in the UK anyway so hopefully her music wont catch on in my country

I think this outlandish notion you propose is more difficult than winning 3 CL on the trot.
Are you sure? Some really bad music has become popular and people like the Kardashians are famous/seen as rolemodels... we live in crazy times!

Sereques

He will go one day, imo. Just a matter of time. Right now, it's Zidane and Navas' form that's holding it up. Just insert some crazy north of 150 mil release clause, so we milk out the maximum.
I wonder what will be left of the club if this is the mindset of the folks that run the club.

MuranoLover

2020 he will be 30 and I doubt he will go anywhere if by then we have won at least 2 PL and 1 CL I hope

Treble

Give him everything. One of the few undisputable world class players in the whole league.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think De Gea is going to settle here. He probably put Madrid move behind his back and is concentrating on his job here. He hasn't been himself last season and looked quite unsettled for most part of the season but this one he looks sharp and focused.
I think Jose's hiring was a game changer in terms of keeping him. It was probably very understated how much he hated playing under van Gaal.

ovoxo

I also think the Madrid move is in the past. I think Mourinho was the main factor here, coupled with the lack of clear intent shown my Madrid to sign him. He will become a legend here. Our best ever goalkeeper.

prtk0811

I think Jose's hiring was a game changer in terms of keeping him. It was probably very understated how much he hated playing under van Gaal.
He dint exactly hate laying under lvg though , he was united's best player during his time. He gave his all.

prtk0811

If i was DDG i'd stall on signing a new contract this year.

1. I'd want to see if we win the league
2. I'd want to see if we strengthen in the summer with the intention to win the league/CL

A player of his talent, possibly the best in the world in his position isn't going to want to look back at the loyalty trophy at the end of the season. A club like RM always aim to win the league and the CL every season - that's the sort of ambition any top club should have, and what top players respond too.

From a UTD perspective we should offer him a top wage, something like £250K p/w. Lets not skimp on the wages for one of our truly WC players, considering what we pay Lingard! We should also put a very painful release clause in there, something like £200 million. If someone wants him, we should be compensated richly. Someone else mentioned a loyalty bonus, that's a good idea too. All the bonuses on his contract should go up every year he is here. so if he gets 5% for winning the league it should be 7 next year, and then 9 etc..
:lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
We need to win the CL with DDG or I'll forever feel guilty about it. This guy should have plenty of honours under his belt when he retires.

Marcky411

If the reports are true I think he will sign a new contract and knowing Mourinho there will definitely be no buyout clause especially after the Neymar saga this past summer. I also don't know how set on moving to Real De Gea is, seeing after the failed transfer and we can only speculate what exactly happened he signed a new deal with United. Personally I feel that boat has sailed and don't see him moving soon to Madrid, I hope I am not wrong but after the last transfer saga and Madrid playing the blame game, I don't know how much faith he has in the Madrid any more.

GiddyUp

Madrid would be great for him personally but I feel it would be a mistake professionally. There are too many factors to consider with that club and although the most successful club in Europe over the last four years they may only have another season or two before they fall off a bit. Ronaldo's goals will eventually need to be replaced and question marks for Bale and Benzema are on the horizon. I'm not saying they still won't be right up there it's just there is too much fecking drama and restlessness with Real and Liga in general, especially during transitions.
United, Bayern and maybe PSG would be perfect for him. He can just get on with it at these clubs where in Madrid the white handkerchiefs will be waved at any loss of form or confidence.
Anyways, where ever he goes he will continue to be the best keeper on the planet.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
They are both actually the same height but perhaps Schmeichel had a bigger frame. DDG is better at everything else individually than Schmeichel in my opinion. De Gea stays on his line more often but his reflexes and agility are on another level, something I haven't seen at least from a United keeper.
De Gea has better reflexes and agility, perhaps a little more consistent too, no question about it, but Schmeichel is better in one-on-one situation, more commanding, and lead the defence line better. Right now I still rate Schmeichel as the best GK I've ever seen, but if De Gea stays longer then who knows.

RedCurry

De Gea has better reflexes and agility, perhaps a little more consistent too, no question about it, but Schmeichel is better in one-on-one situation, more commanding, and lead the defence line better. Right now I still rate Schmeichel as the best GK I've ever seen, but if De Gea stays longer then who knows.
Of course football has changed a lot over the years. You don't see players screaming and shouting at their teammates. Also the game has become so tactical that we just don't have our goalkeeper in one-on-one situations enough to judge him. But on occasions where he was called upon, I wouldn't trust another goalkeeper.

BenjaminP

I always thought that because United were so bad during Moyes and LVG era, De Gea was able to develop into a player he is now.

InfiniteBoredom

I always thought that because United were so bad during Moyes and LVG era, De Gea was able to develop into a player he is now.
He played a monster season in 12-13 and was in the PL Team of the Year. Got a front page performance against Madrid in the Bernabeu.

Under Moyes and LvG it was more a case of him maintaining his level while the team nosedived.

Status
Not open for further replies.