De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

OptaJoe‏@OptaJoe

14 - David de Gea has conceded 19 Premier League goals this season, but based on Opta xG data for the shots on target he's faced, the average goalkeeper would have been expected to concede 33 goals. This is the biggest differential by a PL goalkeeper in 2017-18. Exceptional.

Well worth it considering his age and longevity of keepers. He is brilliant, pity Rafa didn’t unearth him!!
Puts our defence roughly on par with Liverpool/Arsenal as the 6th/7th best, while De Gea is head and shoulders above any keeper in the league. Sounds about right.

Ban

That is not how that stat works.

DDG has obviously faced more than 33 shots this season. The expected value of goals from those shots (which takes into account shot difficulty) is 33. A gap of 14 speaks to DDG's brilliance, but it also speaks to how effective our defense is at not letting opportunities occur (not much apparently).

One can lie with statistics yes, but this isn't one of those cases.
We haven't been relying on DDG solely the whole season. There have been games where he had barely anything to do. So our defense hasn't been that bad as portrayed.
Obviously in last couple of games we've let lots of chances so it racked up.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Imagine Real actually signed him for 40m in 2015.
Worst deal of the century.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
That is not how that stat works.

DDG has obviously faced more than 33 shots this season. The expected value of goals from those shots (which takes into account shot difficulty) is 33. A gap of 14 speaks to DDG's brilliance, but it also speaks to how effective our defense is at not letting opportunities occur (not much apparently).

One can lie with statistics yes, but this isn't one of those cases.
City's defence is not letting the opposition have the ball, the amount of goals conceded by City would probably be in the single digits if you had De Gea in goal

ValenciaRocks

I just hope Madrid go in for Courtois in the summer. If we sell De Gea then we must ask for at least 120 mil. He is that important to us.

charlenefan

Balague;

Real Madrid found out that De Gea would cost about 100m euros, that’s the figure that was suggested to them by an intermediate linked to Manchester United. They said that was far too expensive, which was their way of cleaning their hands and saying ‘OK, if you are going to renew then renew’.

So De Gea is close to extending his contract with Manchester United and right now Real Madrid are not going to get in the way so it’s the second time they are missing out on him even though more than once it’s something he seriously considered.

:drool::drool::drool:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Balague;

Real Madrid found out that De Gea would cost about 100m euros, that’s the figure that was suggested to them by an intermediate linked to Manchester United. They said that was far too expensive, which was their way of cleaning their hands and saying ‘OK, if you are going to choose money then choose money’.

Greck

How sweet it is to live in an era where Madrid can't bully anyone financially. They are in for a looong rebuild

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Balague;

Real Madrid found out that De Gea would cost about 100m euros, that’s the figure that was suggested to them by an intermediate linked to Manchester United. They said that was far too expensive, which was their way of cleaning their hands and saying ‘OK, if you are going to choose money then choose money’.
:lol::lol:

Inter Yer Nan

Balague;

Wait. So he's suggesting we give De Gea for cheap since allowing Real Madrid to have our best player is more important to us than being adequately compensated? What a bizarre spin Ballbag puts on this.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Balague;

Wonder if Ballague has any other analysis/theories about why players might like playing for United, anything beyond 'money' seems to be well beyond his comprehension. Regarding DDG, it's not as if he may still harbour some feelings that Madrid intentionally botched his transfer the last time around in order to get him for free the following season, highlighting to DDG that Madrid may no really value him that highly to begin with, it's categorically 100% about money that he might be renewing with United.

el3mel

Balague;

Madrid or money.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Balague;

They read like spoof quotes that someone on the Caf would make up as a jibe about Balague being a broken record.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Perez bully's other clubs when there's good enough reason to do so.

Only a retard would pay 100 mil € for a keeper who will be 28 before the end of the year while there's cheaper and younger options available on the market.
So eloquent.

Nicklas

Only a retard would pay 100 mil € for a keeper who will be 28 before the end of the year while there's cheaper and younger options available on the market.
:lol:

That would be a bargain for a keeper of De Geas talent, especially as he’s hitting his prime years as well.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Balague;

People do realise that this is a fake quote, right?
The responses seem as if people are taking this to be an actual quote from Ballague

Pass and Move

Haha, talk about trying to twist facts to suit your arguement.

By the end of the year? It's February. De Gea is worth more than any other keeper in the world, age included.

Trizy

Are you the ''do you want your jaw snapped'' guy from twitter?:lol:

charlenefan

People do realise that this is a fake quote, right?
The responses seem as if people are taking this to be an actual quote from Ballague
Indeed he's taken the actual quote I posted and edited it

gaucho_10

:lol:

That would be a bargain for a keeper of De Geas talent, especially as he’s hitting his prime years as well.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Lack of results and awful football that has been on display for years is making some of you completely lose connection with reality. Posts like Isco + money just confirm what I'm saying.

There's no universe in which De Gea (a goalkeeper) is more valuable then Isco (a midfielder/playmaker whose signing could potentially change the face of the whole football team).

De Gea is your most valuable asset and the club with that kind of financial muscle will do whatever it takes to keep him. You'll offer to make him the highest paid goal keeper in history (which is fine, because the guy is really great) and you will also put abnormal price on the player to fend off Real Madrid (again completely reasonable and the right thing to do) but my point stands. Isco + any amount of money, Kovacic + 75/100 mil € = that's all mental stuff. No other word for it.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Think before you write nonsense.

We are talking about the best keeper in the world and a cost that could be amortized over 7-12 years. This is not unreasonable.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

We don't allow terms like retard here.

gaucho_10

Think before you write nonsense.

We are talking about the best keeper in the world and a cost that could be amortized over 7-12 years. This is not unreasonable.
Player prices will not be going up any more because the TV balloon will start deflating when the new deal kicks in. That makes me think players prices in general will stay as they are for now and eventually start going down (I might be wrong of course).

Courtois is 2,5 years younger, he would be attainable for 1/3 of the money needed to sign De Gea, the whole process would be much easier to complete for the club and we would end up with a great goal keeper. Maybe not as good, but definitely good enough. Going for De Gea when Courtois is available is what I call nonsense.

@Raoul: sorry, won't happen again

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Player prices will not be going up any more because the TV balloon will start deflating when the new deal kicks in. That makes me think players prices in general will stay as they are for now and eventually start going down (I might be wrong of course).

Courtois is 2,5 years younger, he would be attainable for 1/3 of the money needed to sign De Gea, the whole process would be much easier to complete for the club and we would end up with a great goal keeper. Maybe not as good, but definitely good enough. Going for De Gea when Courtois is available is what I call nonsense.

No worries. Some people don't know that terms like retard, cancer, and spastic are no longer allowed. I'll delete the post.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.

I disagree that the new TV deals will solely contribute to deflationary pressure on transfer fees (although I hope you are correct), because the source of inflation is not just TV revenue, it is also an influx of sponsorship dollars (and other related revenue streams) and oil/oligarch money (PSG and City, and China). Stem the latter, which operates without a cap and with no basis in economic reality, and I believe transfer prices will stagnate or deflate.

Nicklas

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Lack of results and awful football that has been on display for years is making some of you completely lose connection with reality. Posts like Isco + money just confirm what I'm saying.

There's no universe in which De Gea (a goalkeeper) is more valuable then Isco (a midfielder/playmaker whose signing could potentially change the face of the whole football team).

De Gea is your most valuable asset and the club with that kind of financial muscle will do whatever it takes to keep him. You'll offer to make him the highest paid goal keeper in history (which is fine, because the guy is really great) and you will also put abnormal price on the player to fend off Real Madrid (again completely reasonable and the right thing to do) but my point stands. Isco + any amount of money, Kovacic + 75/100 mil € = that's all mental stuff. No other word for it.
Allright, that's your opinion - fair enough. I just hope that Perez feels the same as you when it comes to this.

Pass and Move

De Gea is more valuable than Isco. He will earn more points for a team relative to other keepers than Isco would to other attacking midfielders. There are a number of midfielders who would contribute as much to a team as Isco, but no other keeper would contribute as much as De Gea.

cyberman

Development as expected.
What should really hurt Madrid isn't David wanting to stay but also signing a new contract.
There seems to be a different excuse every summer. Zidane trusts Navas, we decided not to activate a clause, we decided to walk away from a 100m valuation.
Its no surprise to me that the two pieces of news came out simultaneously. Just like how we decided to back away from Griezmann

TheReligion

Abusive

You're valuations are bizarre.

28 is young for a keeper when they are still going at 38.

gaucho_10

I disagree that the new TV deals will solely contribute to deflationary pressure on transfer fees (although I hope you are correct), because the source of inflation is not just TV revenue, it is also an influx of sponsorship dollars (and other related revenue streams) and oil/oligarch money (PSG and City, and China). Stem the latter, which operates without a cap and with no basis in economic reality, and I believe transfer prices will stagnate or deflate.
You're right, but I also think that sponsorship money will not follow if TV revenue will go down. There has to be some connection between the two. PSG and City need to be dealt with by UEFA and I think it will eventually happen.

De Gea is more valuable than Isco. He will earn more points for a team relative to other keepers than Isco would to other attacking midfielders. There are a number of midfielders who would contribute as much to a team as Isco, but no other keeper would contribute as much as De Gea.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one because in my mind no goalkeeper no matter how good can even come close to the influence of a top midfielder who's playing at the heart of the team. It's not about De Gea and Isco, it's about a goalkeeper and a midfielder influence. No comparison for me.

You're valuations are bizarre.

28 is young for a keeper when they are still going at 38.
The only thing bizarre is your valuation of 38 year old goalkeepers that are "still going". I don't know what football fan in the world would want to have a 38 year old between the posts if his name was anything but Van der Saar.

Cech is still going at 35 and he sucks. Casillas is still going at 36 and he sucks for years. Buffon is also still going at 40 and he's been a horror show for few years now with everyone turning the blind eye because he's Buffon. By the time they get to 32 most of them are not good enough any more.

prath92

Puts our defence roughly on par with Liverpool/Arsenal as the 6th/7th best, while De Gea is head and shoulders above any keeper in the league. Sounds about right.
I’m sure the xG for those teams would be about 40. So we would still be better than them

Giggs86

Give him the armband and let him have a say in which defenders he wants playing in front of him. Make him a board member for all I care, just keep him here at all costs.

we'd probably be comfortably sitting at seventh place without him and out of the CL by now.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I actually see @gaucho_10 point. Valuations are relative.
Dave is worth £100m to us but probably isn't with that to Madrid.
Dave probably doesn't improve Real enough to spend that kind of money.

RMD83

There is not a single signing in world football that would bring me more joy than if Madrid signed Courtois in the summer.

Infra-red

Development as expected.
What should really hurt Madrid isn't David wanting to stay but also signing a new contract.
There seems to be a different excuse every summer. Zidane trusts Navas, we decided not to activate a clause, we decided to walk away from a 100m valuation.
Its no surprise to me that the two pieces of news came out simultaneously. Just like how we decided to back away from Griezmann
I genuinely thought this might finally be the summer (Madrid about to embark on their 1st spending spree in a while). If he extends his deal, that is massive for us. Make him captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.