g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAME DIOUF 32

The single most self-destructive thing the club could do right now is fail to deal with De Gea's contract. Give him whatever he wants.

JohnnyKills

That's
Dave, Martial and Rojo in the last two weeks.
Maybe the Sanchez signing has forced a rethink of the salary structure and they're still working out the new system. Or waiting for sign-off from the accountants.

Does seem strange though.

FerociousCorgis

I think the fact you have to go back 6 years for a reserve player as an example kind of backs up the point.
maybe. I wasnt really trying to argue either way just know that was a famous example. I mean i guess fellaini falls under the category for this summer considering how much mou rates him. Personally I think united haven't been ruthless enough in moving on players and have been too generous with how they handle contracts.

acnumber9

maybe. I wasnt really trying to argue either way just know that was a famous example. I mean i guess fellaini falls under the category for this summer considering how much mou rates him. Personally I think united haven't been ruthless enough in moving on players and have been too generous with how they handle contracts.
I’d say that’s part of the reason for delays. It’s tough to shift players on when they’re on big contracts.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Duncan is on Gestifute's payroll. If they are putting pressure on the club to offer him a new deal then well i think its more likely he stays. He wont sign a new deal now and leave in the summer. I think Real have shifted attention to replacing Benzema/Bale and buying a midfielder. Also courtois would be cheaper and more than willing to come with Chelsea beinbg favourites to miss out on the Top 4 and having only a year left on contract, chelsea wont be able to refuse a good sum. The power is in united's hands and although i agree we should offer De gea what he wants, i think this is a possitive sign if Gestifute are putting pressure on the club to give him that. Similar happened with Mourinho and his contract recently.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If Duncan is right then it's quite worrying. Quite a few players heading towards the end of their deals and we haven't offered our best player a new deal. Can't help but think the people handling this are incompetent.

Classical Mechanic

Just curious here, if you know, how do they calculate this xG data. Do they decide each case manually or they do have some algorithm that decides based on similar situations/historical data.

13m for De Gea in 2015?! - Real were trying to buy De Gea 'whole', not just his gloves!
The latter. It calculates how likely a goal is to be scored in a given position based on historical data of shots from that position.

Brophs

The One and Only
Penis head appears to be using his powers for good this week.

Nikelesh Reddy

Yeah agreed. Make him the highest paid player at the club if that's what it takes.
Couldn't agree more,make him an offer he simply can't turn down.300,000-350,000 per week should seal the deal,there's no way in hell that Real will ever pay so much to a GK...But we just have to keep him at any cost...

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Duncan is on Gestifute's payroll. If they are putting pressure on the club to offer him a new deal then well i think its more likely he stays. He wont sign a new deal now and leave in the summer. I think Real have shifted attention to replacing Benzema/Bale and buying a midfielder. Also courtois would be cheaper and more than willing to come with Chelsea beinbg favourites to miss out on the Top 4 and having only a year left on contract, chelsea wont be able to refuse a good sum. The power is in united's hands and although i agree we should offer De gea what he wants, i think this is a possitive sign if Gestifute are putting pressure on the club to give him that. Similar happened with Mourinho and his contract recently.
Correct.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Looks like Martial's people letting word out has worked.
Will be the same for Dave.

Andy Hill

Failing to wrap up a new deal for DDG would be a disaster. He is worth 6-8 points a season compared with any other keeper notwithstanding the confidence he brings to the rest of the defence.

Last edited:

El Zoido

It’s up to Dave. If he wants to leave, we’ll let him go.

Gut feeling is he’ll sign a new deal.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You guys probably don't sleep at night cause of the dark.
Madrid concede a goal and it's carnage.

AndyJ1985

Some of you are ridiculous. Owners of multi billion pound football clubs don't base hundred million pound decisions on one goal or one match, because they're not as knee jerk as you are.

T_Model101

How long does he have left on the deal?
No chance Madrid will pay him what we do
Isn't Keylor on like 60k a week?!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Thing is that Madrid are on the down as well and signing for them now is hardly a massive guarantee for success

T_Model101

Thing is that Madrid are on the down as well and signing for them now is hardly a massive guarantee for success
It would get him better respected in Spain sadly
Dave came out recently to say he's underrated because he doesn't play for one of the big two....

Nikelesh Reddy

Flo will surely break the bank for him now :(
The problem isn't the transfer fee,it's the wages....If we offer De Gea 300,000 pounds per week,then it's very very difficult for Real to match that offer.Apart from Ronaldo and Gareth bale,nobody else in that squad gets that kind of money...The highest paid defensive player at the club is Sergio Ramos and he's on 200,000 quid per week....

It's inconceivable to me that De Gea can just walk in and get a better contract than Ramos,who's also the club captain.Real will not offer De Gea more than what Ramos is on right now....So they simply cannot match the wages that we intend to pay David,and David probably knows this.Thats why he's content to stay at United....

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The problem isn't the transfer fee,it's the wages....If we offer De Gea 300,000 pounds per week,then it's very very difficult for Real to match that offer.Apart from Ronaldo and Gareth bale,nobody else in that squad gets that kind of money...The highest paid defensive player at the club is Sergio Ramos and he's on 200,000 quid per week....

It's inconceivable to me that De Gea can just walk in and get a better contract than Ramos,who's also the club captain.Real will not offer De Gea more than what Ramos is on right now....So they simply cannot match the wages that we intend to pay David,and David probably knows this.Thats why he's content to stay at United....
I think he’d actually accept much less than he’s on at OT for a few reasons but in general I agree but this is unique as DDG is from Madrid and may want to go back home (end off contract talks if so). He also may think I’m closer to my family and girlfriend and have a better lifestyle in Madrid with family friends and weather plus a better chance right now of winning trophies.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Some of you are on the edge and have probably sold poor Dave already.

Stu1975

Utd aren’t stupid,I can’t see how they will not offer him a ton of money to make sure he stay’s here.

Status
Not open for further replies.