De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
One of if not only wc player should leave so our chances for major silverware would be even smaller?
Also it's still 4 years but that doesn't matter.
I think you’re misunderstanding. I’m not suggesting I want him to leave or we should part company.

But a player as good as he is should arguably be in a team achieving higher than we are and higher than we probably will in the peak of his career.

It’s reassuring to hear he feels more valued in Manchester, but I certainly wouldn’t begrudge him wanting to move on. At this moment in time, he’s so much better and so much more consistent than everyone involved in United’s first team.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Our only genuine world-class player and pathetically on the club's part, our most exciting player to watch.

Spend half the transfer budget on his contract if it gets him to stay.

MUFC OK

How about Dave stays, Martial, Rashford, Pogba stay, we get behind the manager and improve next season instead of selling our best players.. Is this scenario unthinkable?

RedDevil@84

How about Dave stays, Martial, Rashford, Pogba stay, we get behind the manager and improve next season instead of selling our best players.. Is this scenario unthinkable?
Get out of caf. Stop spreading happiness.

Traub

Maybe it’s just me being optimistic for a change, but I view him being given the captaincy tonight as a sign that he’s far more likely to stay than leave.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Our only genuine world-class player and pathetically on the club's part, our most exciting player to watch.

Spend half the transfer budget on his contract if it gets him to stay.
Just a question for you United fans based off of this.

What percentage of your speculated summer transfer fund would you be happy sacrificing if it meant Pogba/DDG/Martial/Rashford all renewed their contracts & continued to want to play for United?

Acole9

Outstanding
New five year contract and the captaincy. I thought he did well in the role, told Herrera to calm down and did well motivating and organising everybody.

Parry Gallister

Just a question for you United fans based off of this.

What percentage of your speculated summer transfer fund would you be happy sacrificing if it meant Pogba/DDG/Martial/Rashford all renewed their contracts & continued to want to play for United?
Depends,

You mean if we didn't have to change anything in terms of contracts etc, just a fantasy situation where we lose a chunk of the transfer budget to keep players instead? Totally hypothetically, as in if it wouldn't have wage connotations for the future and they wouldn't act-up; a lot of it. Probably over a third of the kitty if it's somewhere in the region of 150m as has been speculated.

Our fullbacks need an update first and foremost and we badly need someone to step up and take the right wing role. I don't think all of that can wait. My preference would obviously be promoting for within, especially for one of the fullback roles but lets see. So 3 players should be doable for under 100m, even in this age.

Other areas of the squad need looking at though. Matic's not been here long but is oldish and important; and Carrick is retiring, so we will need bodies there in the next few windows, more so if Fellaini leaves. Mctominay has come in but the other academy players who've been around the squad/impressing on loan have been more attacking/creative midfielders.
Jose has brought in two CBs with their own qualities but I still don't quite know how good any of ours are, they're generally all inconsistent, new or crocked. The stat about letting so many shots on target is quite worrying, I feel like they all switch off and have a bad few mins quite regularly too.

Flytan

Honestly at this point I just want him to win things. Obviously I'd prefer it here but I wouldn't lose any respect for him if he went elsewhere. Solidifying his contract should be our number one priority (barely above finding functional fullbacks)

Alabaster Codify7

It's kneejerk, but if Navas' contributes to Madrid going out (combined with their shoddy league campaign), it'll be Madrid's mission to secure DDG this summer. And this summer, I think we'd buckle, if offered around £80million.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
You guys need to chill. Between this and Pool I fear for some of you.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
You guys need to chill. Between this and Pool I fear for some of you.
City win PL and LC, Pool CL, Chelsea FAC, Arsenal EL. Salah signs a new lifetime contract and DDG is off to Madrid. You just know it's happening.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
City win PL and LC, Pool CL, Chelsea FAC, Arsenal EL. Salah signs a new lifetime contract and DDG is off to Madrid. You just know it's happening.
Go have a cup of warm milk and a nice nap mate.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What's the meaning of this? He's quality lads. See that save. :lol:

WelshManc

Courtois' family live in Madrid, go on Real, get him, you know it makes sense. Please.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Courtois' contract ends next summer, makes sense for Madrid to go after him. Will be a significantly cheaper option than De Gea.

SpyLuke10

If they do wish to sell him (I really hope he stays for the rest of his career), start negotiations at 150 million pounds, wouldn't even consider selling him for anything less.

EDIT: Actually you know what? I wouldn't sell him for any fee, only in exchange for one of their best players age 29 or under (not Bale though cos hes injury prone). Marcelo, Kroos, Varane, Casemiro, Carvajal, Isco, Asensio. Ronaldo, Ramos, Navas, Modric I wouldn't want, too old or too injury prone.

Last edited:

Cloud7

FFS do we need to go through this every time Navas messes up?

This has become the new “bump the welbeck thread every time he scores”

Micky Targaryen

FFS do we need to go through this every time Navas messes up?

This has become the new “bump the welbeck thread every time he scores”
Are we talking about the Madrid vs Bayern game? Because I just watched the game and I did not see Navas messing up much at all. The goal he conceded was from a defensive lapse and he made several vital saves after that. So I must've missed something in that game if people thought that he underperformed.

ArjenIsM3

There's this Dutch football site I'm on filled with cocky Madrid fans who actually seem to believe they'll get De Gea for 50-60 million. They also keep saying that his contract runs out in 2019 and that they'll get him on a free afterwards. They seem to forget we've got an option of a further year, and that De Gea himself has stated multiple times how happy he is here and how valued he feels. It's unbelievable how arrogant they are.

ZAGREB RED

Navas is average at best, not good enough to be a Real No1, so they will surely be looking at a new keeper in the summer. Hopefully it won't be DDG, but he would have to be on their list. I just hope Real don't try and include Navas as part of the deal if, worst case scenario, DDG goes there. Had it actually happened last time when the fax saved United, I shudder to think where United would be just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.