De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Duncan Castles saying that sources close to de Gea say there's been no offer, no talk, and the player is frustrated and bemused at this non traction on things.

I worry about how the club is run.

Silas

I'd assume that complications over Tony's contract negotiations are the main reason DDG's haven't been sorted yet. We seem to enjoy stalling when it comes to offering new contracts, though. Wonder if it's a money-saving tactic.

peridigm

I'd assume that complications over Tony's contract negotiations are the main reason DDG's haven't been sorted yet. We seem to enjoy stalling when it comes to offering new contracts, though. Wonder if it's a money-saving tactic.
What has Ed Woodward done since he took the big seat to save Manchester United money when it comes to signing players or paying salaries?

Silas

What has Ed Woodward done since he took the big seat to save Manchester United money when it comes to signing players or paying salaries?
Never too late to start. Signing players and extending contracts is a bit different anyway. Stalling on a transfer has a high risk of you missing out on the target and trying to save money will end up with an inferior option being bought. Stalling on a contract extension, assuming the player still has some years left on their current one, just means you can pay them a lower salary for slightly longer.

Trizy

Thinking the same. If De Gea for example has 2 years left in his contract, what's the point of paying him an increased wage for 1.5 of those years by renewing now as opposed to in 1.5 years time.

Only worry about that is the modern footballers are greedy and easily mislead by agents. Should another club come calling they could jump ship or run down their contract.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Thought I'd open this thread for news that would cheer me up.
That went well.
This better not be true.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Thought I'd open this thread for need that would cheer me up.
That went well.
Thus better not be true.
Well at least it's not saying he's off to Madrid.

Feel better now? Thought so.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
So do we go for Oblak? Would like Alisson but Roma president has said he won't be sold. Not overly convinced by Donnarumma. Or just play Romero?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Thinking the same. If De Gea for example has 2 years left in his contract, what's the point of paying him an increased wage for 1.5 of those years by renewing now as opposed to in 1.5 years time.

Only worry about that is the modern footballers are greedy and easily mislead by agents. Should another club come calling they could jump ship or run down their contract.
Err, as you said down if he has 6 months on the current contract he can already sign a new one with another club. Potential transfer fee also goes down massively the less you have on the contract. So, there is absolutely no point, even from the financial point of view. Wouldn't call it greed in De Gea's case when he can choose any other top club including European champions in his homeland.

We will offer him a new contract by the end of this season, pretty sure about it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

You don't have to pay him an increased wage though. The new contract can start at the end of the current one, also the reasons you want to sign your most important players early is out of respect and allowing them to not worry about where their future will be.
As for your last sentence it would be nice if people stopped that sanctimonious bullshit, first we are talking about professional it's their job, most players didn't join for their love of the club and more importantly clubs aren't more loyal or morally superior, a club like United is perfectly happy to make offers that are difficult to refuse.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't understand the strategy of saving relative tiny amounts by delaying getting things sorted with our most important and by far best player. If that's a money saving tactic it is completely beyond stupid. You can save that for the Lingards and the Matas, but a world class GK that's consistently linked with a better team...daft.

SirAF

Ageist
I don't understand the strategy of saving relative tiny amounts by delaying getting things sorted with our most important and by far best player. If that's a money saving tactic it is completely beyond stupid. You can save that for the Lingards and the Matas, but a world class GK that's consistently linked with a better team...daft.
I’m sure that Woodward and his people are on the ball, don’t worry so much.

SirAF

Ageist
:lol: Seriously though DDG is one of the players I don't have any concerns about.

The whole Cafe just seems to be really down the now, and while it's been an up down season I expect the forum to be riding the crest of a wave if we beat Spurs on Saturday lol.
Dave Stays.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Let's hope you people are right. Doesn't ease my worries about the runnings of our club. But I'll hold off the melodrama :D

pascell

After all the talk of him moving to Real, he must really enjoy playing for United and life in Manchester, if he's getting frustrated at the lack of talk for a new contract.

Personally, I thought he'd stay as I feel like he actually loves being here and the fans, the Sevilla game made me question whether the lack of progress in the CL, would make him change his mind a little.

Bestietom

I hope he signs a new contract, but I feel it may depend on who we sign this summer and the chances of winning trophies next season. He will go back to spain one day but i hope it is not anytime soon.

The_Order

:lol: Seriously though DDG is one of the players I don't have any concerns about.

The whole Cafe just seems to be really down the now, and while it's been an up down season I expect the forum to be riding the crest of a wave if we beat Spurs on Saturday lol.
Look at the confidence radiating from this post...

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I actually think he would be mad to not demand a move away this summer.

Trophies make memories. This guy is too good to be scraping the barrel with second rate trophies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
We need more fans like you.
I’m just being honest.

He could be a genuine great in football. But at this moment in time Manchester United isn’t allowing him to compound his performances with success.

No point pussyfooting around the fact our goalkeeper being our player of the year for 5 consecutive seasons. That shouldn’t happen.

JoaquinJoaquin

Well i'd be making De Gea the priority every day of the week if I was at the club. At least De Gea performs every game and stays relatively quiet.

prath92

I’m just being honest.

He could be a genuine great in football. But at this moment in time Manchester United isn’t allowing him to compound his performances with success.

No point pussyfooting around the fact our goalkeeper being our player of the year for 5 consecutive seasons. That shouldn’t happen.
He came out and said he doesn’t feel valued in Spain like he does in Manchester. It is quite clear that we are close to signing a new contract with him.

Ban

I’m just being honest.

One of if not only wc player should leave so our chances for major silverware would be even smaller?
Also it's still 4 years but that doesn't matter.

SirAF

Ageist

He’ll make significant more money at United, he feels more respected and valued in England, United will, sooner rather than later compete for the most important titles again AND United have appointed his mentor from Atletico to be his personal GK coach.

I don’t thnk it’s a stretch that he’ll stay for some time yet.

Last edited:

vangagal

Yeah, after one game that truthfully no gonna change anything suddenly everything in a mess. Rashford not happy, Martial will go out, Pogba will get sell, DDG is gonna go to Madrid. We need more tabloid story about Mou is gonna get sacked if draw against Bournemouth today, Fergie gonna take over untill summer. Oh, even better is those so called journalist write that Sanchez real wage is 750k per week, and he is not happy how Mou treated him here.

I believe all those journo are miserable twat in real life who cannot get paid for shite unless they write story about United. Woody's shite must be feel like beer for them. Sorry for going overboard. Just hate those journalist writing shite.

Kapardin

Duncan Castles saying that sources close to de Gea say there's been no offer, no talk, and the player is frustrated and bemused at this non traction on things.

I worry about how the club is run.
Dunc talks trash. Probably Mendes wants to hurry up the board, so leaking this bit of news. De Gea knows he is valued by us, he has said so publicly many times.

LoneStar

This. Save money by doing this to players who can be replaced. DDG has been, by far, our best player for years now. Seems daft to play around with someone like him, when he can easily go to any top club in the world.

Oldyella

He came out and said he doesn’t feel valued in Spain like he does in Manchester. It is quite clear that we are close to signing a new contract with him.
Lets hope so. Some positive news would be nice!

worldinmotion66

I actually think he would be mad to not demand a move away this summer.

Trophies make memories. This guy is too good to be scraping the barrel with second rate trophies.
Trophies make memories but he could spend the next 10 years at the club and be remembered forever as the best player to ever play at the best club in the world. I'd rather be a Matt le tissier than a robin van Persie or a Samir nasri

Red_toad

Can we run this thread with some hysteria please? I want to see how it's all Jose' fault as he's mismanaged him and not developed him as a player. I need various skewed stats to match posters perspective. I need insight from people who have no idea how Dave feels. Then I need a large helping of how it's all Dave' fault. :D

Ban

Can we run this thread with some hysteria please? I want to see how it's all Jose' fault as he's mismanaged him and not developed him as a player. I need various skewed stats to match posters perspective. I need insight from people who have no idea how Dave feels. Then I need a large helping of how it's all Dave' fault. :D
How about body language experts analysis? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.