De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I keep assuming this guy will be off one summer but the fecker never actually leaves.
Not sure he actually wants to play for Madrid anymore tbh.

crossy1686

career ending
No player is bigger than the club lads, let's remember that shall we.

Glad Dave isn't going anywhere (unless he forces is ala Ronaldo) but I'm sure we'd reinvest well if he did.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I keep assuming this guy will be off one summer but the fecker never actually leaves.
He has always said he is happy here. I think the summer of 2015 was an opportunity, with his contract winding down. It not something he's actively pushing for.

space

Please God let him stay, in a season where Liverpool will probably win the UCL and City winning the title, Dave staying would be immense!

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Wouldn't he of left if the fax hadn't broken? If Real Madrid make a serious offer then i suspect he'd want to go but United will want a ridiculous sum for him

RedDevil@84

Wouldn't he of left if the fax hadn't broken? If Real Madrid make a serious offer then i suspect he'd want to go but United will want a ridiculous sum for him
People change opinions with time. Navas felt humiliated and unwanted in the whole De Gea saga and if rumours are to be believed, wanted to leave. But he came around to being the no 1 there and doesn't seem to be wanting to leave.

Revan

Assumptionman
I honestly don't understand posts like this. Without him I doubt we'd have won a League Cup, FA Cup, Europa League or be 2nd in the League this season.
We would have considering that he didn't play bar in group stage, but point stands. He is my favorite player and I want him to win trophies more than any other player, but I am a fan of United, so better him to stay with us than him win trophies for Madrid.

And the fecker will probably win the World Cup anyway this summer, so at least he won't be trophy-starving. That and getting payed 3-4 times as much as Navas probably will compensate for the lack of (really important) trophies since 2013. There is also the possibility that Madrid's cycle is coming near to an end (if they win it again, they would have won 4 of the last 5 UCL, and this cannot continue forever). Their history generally has been to win a shitload of UCL within a few years and then go in hibernation for a long period, so let's hope that this happens again.

Djemba-Djemba

I imagine he would like to play for Real Madrid but they fecked up about in 2015 and that's maybe weighing on his mind.

Plus it looks like he genuinely enjoys playing for Utd and he's not going to actively push for the move.

Revan

Assumptionman
I imagine he would like to play for Real Madrid but they fecked up about in 2015 and that's maybe weighing on his mind.

Plus it looks like he genuinely enjoys playing for Utd and he's not going to actively push for the move.
It is clear that he is happy here, but he would like to play for Madrid. And this is what he said to Mourinho last summer.

Basically, he won't push hard for a move, but will welcome a move.

el3mel

Any chance of Dave moving to Madrid has been killed the last 2 summers. I think Madrid themselves have known that and moved targets. There are easier keepers to get as Courtois or even Oblak. Dave is going to stay here I have no doubt about that.

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

Any chance of Dave moving to Madrid has been called the last 2 summers. I think Madrid themselves have known that and moved targets. There are easier keepers to get as Courtois or even Oblak. Dave is going to stay here I have no doubt about that.
Is Courtois or Oblak significantly better that Navas? I don't really see a pressing need for Real to change keepers. And neither are big celebrities which will enhance the galactico list at Real

Schneckerl

Most important person to keep. I'd rather have all Pogba, Sanchez and Mou leave than De Gea.

el3mel

Is Courtois or Oblak significantly better that Navas? I don't really see a pressing need for Real to change keepers. And neither are big celebrities which will enhance the galactico list at Real
Navas is a good keep but very inconsistent and comes up with moments of fecking up from now and then. Madrid actually need a more consistent keeper, not a pressing issue but it will make them better at the back.

Laurentiu amt

Curtois and Navas are prone to big mistakes. Oblak is in another league imo, in the same league as DDG.

Sterling Archer

Oh yeahhh

Since the inescapable trend in this miserable and insecure place is to bring up Liverpool, this is better news to me than the scousers not winning the Champions League. Chew on that 'top' reds.

Trizy

No player is bigger than the club lads, let's remember that shall we.

Glad Dave isn't going anywhere (unless he forces is ala Ronaldo) but I'm sure we'd reinvest well if he did.
But Dave has never opened his mouth like Ronaldo did. He didn't only his mouth during the saga and renewed once the transfer failed to go through.

Love our Dave :drool:

JB7

Says who?
Liverpool fan I work with has been saying it's a done deal for months. Bit of a random one granted but I've not known him to be wrong before, he's pretty ITK with them in fairness.

saivet

Even if you don't think they are, they're 6 years younger.

I think they're both better, but Courtois has 1 year left on his contract? Think he'd make more sense.

stu_1992

Excellent news. Get him on a new contract now please. Our only consistently world class player.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Actually the press of Madrid is talking more often about Oblak.
Yesterday I was thinking about the possibility of Madrid offering 100/110 million for De Gea, and that United refuse, or trying to include Bale, without success, deciding Madrid in that case, to pay Oblak´s clause. Although, if I'm not mistaken, PSG are behind him.

RedDevil@84

Actually the press of Madrid is talking more often about Oblak.
Yesterday I was thinking about the possibility of Madrid offering 100/110 million for De Gea, and that United refuse, or trying to include Bale, without success, deciding Madrid in that case, to pay Oblak´s clause. Although, if I'm not mistaken, PSG are behind him.
Unless there is a deep sense of loyalty, I dont see why Oblak would not want to move to Real. Real are getting into CL finals consistently. Best time to move in there than hoping PSG will make it large year on year

Status
Not open for further replies.