De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So in case anyone has not realised this yet.. Lopetigui now has 4 weeks to convince De Gea to join him at Real.
He was already playing there with the likes of Ramos, Isco etc. So doesn't change much.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
More or less he said this

"will you be Madrid Goalkeeper"
"I don´t know, I am at Manchester, I am very happy, we have to improve, we are a big team and we are not here to be second or be eliminated in Champions"
"Mendes told you something?, does he have the phone switched on?and florentino?"
"florentino doesn´t have my number"
"when would you like that the situation is solved?, that they go for you"
"do you think they will come for me?"
"you know it better than me"
"I don´t know...I know that I have contract and I am happy, we only miss the trophies there"
"you have 1+1(contract), does it mean that your price can be cheaper?"
"I don´t know, say that to the one in charge of signings at Manchester"
"how much do you think that you cost?"
"I don´t know..."
"would you like(sign with Madrid) or you can tell it?"
"I would like to win trophies, that is the most important"

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

"I don´t know, I am at Manchester, I am very happy, we have to improve, we are a big team and we are not here to be second or be eliminated in Champions"
"Mendes told you something?, does he have the phone switched on?and florentino?"
"I don´t know...I know that I have contract and I am happy, we only miss the trophies there"
"you have 1+1(contract), does it mean that you price can be cheaper?"
"I don´t know..."
Sounds to me like we'll get max two seasons more from him if we don't start winning big.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Sounds to me like we'll get max two seasons more from him if we don't start winning big.
Definitely. And to be honest I wouldn’t blame him. He’s the best keeper in the world, he deserves to at be winning trophies!

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
In a couple of years he will be too old for Madrid and I´d say 95% that they will sign a goalkeeper this summer, so it´s this summer or never

Sereques

"you have 1+1(contract), does it mean that your price can be cheaper?"
"I don´t know..."
Those are really strange questions. He's very professional. Many athletes would have slip and create a sensational headline.

Irrational.

Those are really strange questions. He's very professional. Many athletes would have slip and create a sensational headline.
Agreed. The reporters are just trying to get a story.

Imagine if it was Griezmann: "I don't know. I'd say the chances of me moving are 6/10. Tune in next week to my vague and sensationalist interview at 11pm find out whether I truly will be staying or going."

The guy is like a shit DBZ narrator.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He responds well, but from the point of view of a Madrid fan, it seems that he is selling himself. Already in the first question leaves doubts about his continuity, as well as in the last, when asked if he wants to play in Madrid.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
In a couple of years he will be too old for Madrid and I´d say 95% that they will sign a goalkeeper this summer, so it´s this summer or never
Reckon PSG would entertain it and he'd have more chance of trophies if we don't improve much.

Womp

idiot
He responds well, but from the point of view of a Madrid fan, it seems that he is selling himself. Already in the first question leaves doubts about his continuity, as well as in the last, when asked if he wants to play in Madrid.
Really isn't. That's such a generic response from players. "I'm happy where I am, but who knows what the future holds." It's basically the go to response to these sorts of questions. Only the other day he said he would be staying.

cyberman

Thread title is a bit misleading. I don't think he says anything wrong, it seems to have a sarcastic tone to stupid questions

Macern

Pee pee pants
It's what CR7 has been doing for years, Ramos too. "I don't know, I don't know". It gives he best possible negotiating position, whether they're looking for a new contract or a move to a new club.

De Gea's agent is Jorge Mendes, same as CR7's. I would be surprised if Mendes didn't give his clients input on how to respond to media questions like this. Committing completely to a club is foolish these days imo, as the club could push negotiations with the player harder since the player who has committed would be hated by the fans if leaving.

Believe what you want. For now I don't think De Gea is thinking about a move. He seemligly likes playing for Man Utd, he's loved by the fans and on a steady course to go into history as a legend and the best goalkeeper that has ever played for Man Utd, beating Schmeichel and VdS, two of his boyhood idols.

If Man Utd doesn't progress further and returns to the level that it was under Fergie's reign within a year or two then I think he'd be a bit more eager to go to a club where he can win the Champions League a couple of times. But for now he isn't going to force a move out of the club and the club isn't selling him for any price.

Last edited:

reddaz71

Clearly he fancies going home,for football as well as family reasons, he could have categorically said no but didnt,can see him finally clinching his long mooted move regardless of any fax machine shenanigans and possibly Bale coming the other way!

cyberman

Really isn't. That's such a generic response from players. "I'm happy where I am, but who knows what the future holds." It's basically the go to response to these sorts of questions. Only the other day he said he would be staying.
DDG ends up asking the reporter if he thinks Madrid will come back in for him, he seems to simply be humouring the reporter.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Zidane is no longer the manager so I'm not too worried this time and hope the new appointment will be a total disaster. :keano:

Sereques

I don't think so. That's is the way a player will respond unless they are born in Manchester. If he says am not leaving ManUtd, he won't have a strong bargaining power when he's renewing his contract.

Darlington Padgett

Which first question? The one you decided to leave out where he responded that on july 30th he'll be home without any worries thinking about his team and maybe with a world cup?

Jonno

It's easy to just pick random quotes and publish them. In the context of the interview, he seemed to just be answering to shut the journos up. They guy is focusing on the biggest month of his career, he doesn't want to be talking or thinking about club football!

Plus, if you think about it, RM are on the decline from their dominance. The time to go was 3 years ago or probably in another 2-3 years time.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It's what CR7 has been doing for years, Ramos too. "I don't know, I don't know". It gives he best possible negotiating position, whether they're looking for a new contract or a move to a new club. De Gea's agent is Jorge Mendes, same as CR7's.

I would be surprised if Mendes didn't give his clients input on how to respond to media questions like this. Committing completely to a club is foolish these days imo, as the club could push negotiations with the player harder since the player who has committed would be hated by the fans if leaving.

Believe what you want. For now I don't think De Gea is thinking about a move. He seemligly likes playing for Man Utd, he's loved by the fans and on a steady course to go into history as a legend and the best goalkeeper that has ever played for Man Utd, beating Schmeichel and VdS, two of his boyhood idols.

If Man Utd doesn't progress further and returns to the level that it was under Fergie's reign within a year or two then I think he'd be a bit more eager to go to a club where he can win the Champions League a couple of times. But for now he isn't going to force a move out of the club and the club isn't selling him for any price.
the "in football you never know what is going to happen" is very common, you are right, but he could also have been more resounding, especially if the key question is his desire for a move, his commitment to United for 2018/19.He leaves a door open.
In the last question he could have said "Madrid is a team from my city, and of course, everybody would like to play in Madrid blabla but I am very happy where I am", but he does not say it, he leaves a door open again while reiterates the deficit that he finds in Manchester, the lack of trophies.
Of course it can also be interpreted as a message to the club to work harder and better to get those trophies

Womp

idiot
the "in football you never know what is going to happen" is very common, you are right, but he could also have been more resounding, especially if the key question is his desire for a move, his commitment to United for 2018/19.He leaves a door open.
In the last question he could have said "Madrid is a team from my city, and of course, everybody would like to play in Madrid blabla but I am very happy where I am", but he does not say it, he leaves a door open again while reiterates the deficit that he finds in Manchester, the lack of trophies.
Of course it can also be interpreted as a message to the club to work harder and better to get those trophies
That is a thought I'm sure he shares with everyone at Manchester United. It's extremely common for a player to claim their team needs to improve.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Zidane is no longer the manager so I'm not too worried this time and hope the new appointment will be a total disaster. :keano:
He knows Dave well, managed him in the successful Spanish youth setups. And he's close to Dave's agent, Mendes. From the point of view of avoiding another Madrid saga, I would have preferred a different appointment.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Which first question? The one you decided to leave out where he responded that on july 30th he'll be home without any worries thinking about his team and maybe with a world cup?
you are right, I forgot the first, question that by the way he doesn´t reply yes or not.
In any case, it is my interpretation, it is completely reasonable that you think differently. Honestly I'm not in love with the idea of De Gea.
Maybe in a month, after an incredible world cup I will change my mind, but trying to be objective I think he has not closed doors and has not renewed yet.
If you ask Kane tomorrow,"will you like to play at United next season", and he replies "I do not know, what I want is to win titles" surely you could doubt about his intentions.

Womp

idiot
you are right, I forgot the first, question that by the way he doesn´t reply yes or not.
In any case, it is my interpretation, it is completely reasonable that you think differently. Honestly I'm not in love with the idea of De Gea.
Maybe in a month, after an incredible world cup I will change my mind, but trying to be objective I think he has not closed doors and has not renewed yet.
If you ask Kane tomorrow,"will you like to play at United next season", and he replies "I do not know, what I want is to win titles" surely you could doubt about his intentions.
Kane has already said that recently, he also just recently signed a new 5 year contract with Spurs.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
He’s not leaving United 1000% for this summer at least...beyond that? Who knows but that doesn’t matter atm.

Right now, José has said multiple times there’s absolutely no chance Dave leaves so that’s that regardless of whatever speculation/narrative people want to create.

As for his comments, yea that’s nothing new. De Gea has said throughout the past season he wants to win trophies. He’s staying 1 more year at the least. Things have to change for the better or else he may definitely leave next summer. PL / CL will be more crucial than ever this upcoming season as it won’t just effect the managers fate but in all likelihood DDG’s too. Need to win something and showcase we really are one of the top teams in Europe - and not just by name/association but on the field.

MDFC Manager

Madrid shitheads must be messing with his head when he's away with Spain.

Though you can't really fault him either. He's the best GK in the world, with very little to show for it. Most would have been long gone.

Kapardin

Not too fussed about this. Same thing every summer.

If he leaves, he leaves. In order to make up for losing a world class GK, all we have to do is stop dicking about the LB position and strengthen it, buy a GK like Alisson, a proper RW and ensure our attack is better organized to score more so that our GD remains healthy without de Gea.

Not difficult, but we seem so reluctant to replace Young or Valencia, ffs.

Last edited:

prateik

Its time for a contract renewal. Even if he wants to stay, he wouldnt be saying that openly.

I think he'll sign a new contract and deserve whatever crazy money he gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.