De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheus 7

This is United's fault, his contract should have been sorted before this world cup. Woody should have sorted this out. Jose should have knew these type of questions would come, instead we are begging that useless tree Fellaini to sign public. Priorities all wrong, Dave should be United's highest paid player. People need to start appreciating keepers more, they are as important as any other position on the pitch and a nightmare to replace. This is the start of difficult questions for Dave at the WC. I fecking said that weeks ago, United are beginning to have an issue with running down contracts. They are being run down far two much. Mata, Herrera, Blind, Fellaini, Martial, Shaw and Dave. That board need a good kick up the hole, need to get maximum value when selling and protecting what we have.

crossy1686

career ending
Dave's going no where this summer but I get the feeling next summer will be a different story if we don't start picking up some major silverware next season.

R'hllor

:confused:

He said he's not going to Madrid, he's happy at United and wants to win silverware here. Not exactly his fault Madrid are pushing rumours from their side about looking for a new keeper is it?
If he is 100% clear about it, they wouldnt have a space to push anything but every year there is same bullshit around him for a reason.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
This is United's fault, his contract should have been sorted before this world cup. Woody should have sorted this out. Jose should have knew these type of questions would come, instead we are begging that useless tree Fellaini to sign public. Priorities all wrong, Dave should be United's highest paid player. People need to start appreciating keepers more, they are as important as any other position on the pitch and a nightmare to replace. This is the start of difficult questions for Dave at the WC. I fecking said that weeks ago, United are beginning to have an issue with running down contracts. They are being run down far two much. Mata, Herrera, Blind, Fellaini, Martial, Shaw and Dave. That board need a good kick up the hole, need to get maximum value when selling and protecting what we have.
Yes. Saying he wants to stay and win trophies is United's fault. You're damn right at that. :)

AndyJ1985

I think he'll stay another season, but if we don't show signs of being able to challenge for the CL he'll push for a move next summer. I wouldn't blame him either; he's the best keeper in the world, he should be competing at the very highest level.

StillPlayingFooty

Supports
Liverpool FC
If De Gea goes, you can have Mignolet.

Then we will duke it out in glorious battle Karius vs Mignolet. It won't end 0-0.

On more serious note to me it seems that De Gea is still willing to play ball, but soon United needs to win things. Well, the situation is the same in Liverpool although all front 3 and then some are willing to give Pool a chance to win something or else they will be looking other options available to them.

crossy1686

career ending
If he is 100% clear about it, they wouldnt have a space to push anything but every year there is same bullshit around him for a reason.
I don't see how he can be any clearer than saying "I'm staying at United" as he did last press conference?

Being the best or second best goalkeeper in the world at a team that's under performing is always going to attract attention. Nothing he can do about that.

Snafu17

Whoever changed the title can feck off. Couldn't have made it more clickbaity if you tried.

Last edited:

Ban

Blaming him for anything here is absolutely ridiculous. A reason why there's even talk about it is cause fekin reporters are pushing the story.

ROFLUTION

I imagine Lopetegui begging him every single day at the spanish camp as a professional advice to come to Madrid.

One thing I believe is that he would be daft to go to Madrid now. We might not be cleaning up but they are at the end of their cycle and heading towards a rebuilding spell. Their star players are getting old, the replacements are all a level below, and they're back into the managerial merry go round. The next year or two might be ok but overall they are less likely to win things now than they have been at any point in the last decade. If he was going to go there, he should have gone years ago.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
One thing I believe is that he would be daft to go to Madrid now. We might not be cleaning up but they are at the end of their cycle and heading towards a rebuilding spell. Their star players are getting old, the replacements are all a level below, and they're back into the managerial merry go round. The next year or two might be ok but overall they are less likely to win things now than they have been at any point in the last decade. If he was going to go there, he should have gone years ago.
Are we likely to win some ?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He has said nothing alarming in this interview. Very professional interview imo.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
He has said nothing alarming in this interview. Very professional interview imo.
How about making the title reflect that?
Current one just makes people who only read headlines go apeshit for no reason. :(

doomy20

As a supporter i want him to stay forever. But as a "wanting the best for him" person, I´d say he should stay another year and then hop on the future Real, post Ronaldo era train and win 15 trophies.

Micky Targaryen

Nothing wrong with what he said. Standard professional response without giving too much away. I agree with him that we need to start winning the league and challenge for the Champions League soon and failing to do that, I will not begrudge him for leaving. After all, he is the best goalkeeper in the world currently.

Mindhunter

So our fans want him to spurn Real for good and announce his undying love for Manchester United and rule out any transfer. Right? Why would he do that? He may not want to move there but there are various issues in ruling things out:
  1. Things change very fast in the footballing world, and he wants to keep his options open
  2. Declaring undying love works well with fans, not with Edward while negotiating his next contract
  3. No point in burning bridges with any club (unless we give him a 15 year contract and insure his career here)

kotha

I don't see anything to be alarmed by that interview..

Very good attitude too,that he wants to win trophies and not get eliminated from the CL.. He's a winner and we we as many as we can like him in the squad..

Zoo

Unfortunately tabloid-style thread titles occurs on here too much.

fezzerUTD

According to the mail, the Spanish manager is going to be sacked today. Spanish FA are outraged he left for Real Madrid so there sacking him.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry

If they offer £150m and allow us to buy Bale then would you accept?

With Romero we have a very capable keeper so we don't need to buy a replacement, plus we can use the money to reinvest in our full backs.

fezzerUTD

With Romero we have a very capable keeper so we don't need to buy a replacement, plus we can use the money to reinvest in our full backs.
If he doesn't want to be here then yes I'd accept. But if he does then sign a new deal and we can move on.

Andersons Dietician

Nope. Fit Bale would be great but think i’d rather take Asensio and Varane off their hands. Not sure on Romero being a number 1, if it ever came to selling DeGea then for me there is only 1 player close to him and that’s Oblak, so he’d be my choice.
Don’t think DeGea will go yet anyway, hopefully Real sign Allison or Courtois or something along those lines.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I like Romero a lot and think he's arguably the best #2 any top club has, but I still don't have this confidence that he is enough to be our #1 that a lot here seem to have. He's good, but still a massive downgrade on De Gea. That said, we've only ever seen Romero play in games against teams that we mostly dominate, where he makes maybe 1 or 2 saves. I feel uneasy at the prospect of him face 10 to 12 shots a game like De Gea does. There's a world of difference between that sort of keeper, and a keeper who will play in 40-50 games a season, especially as our defence is far from reliable, our full backs are old, and we still don't know our best CB pairing or our best entire back four. Having a top, top class goalkeeper during this everlasting transitional period is crucial.

Although, I don't think De Gea will go this summer.

Infra-red

I'd want the money for Alisson/Oblak (€100m) and something we can't get elsewhere (favourable terms on one of their players).

nemanja15

Sounds like he's going to stick around for one more year at least. The good thing is, we've somehow ended up saying that every summer for the last few now.

Status
Not open for further replies.