De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Where else would he go with Madrid looking set to sign Allyson
Spain or nowhere. Barca have their keeper in Ter Stegen. Oblak just signed a new deal with a release clause of 180 million Euro. So he's not going anywhere in Spain. So nowhere then.

Infestissumam

who would have thought three years ago?

absolutely amazing news if true. If Alisson is really signing for Real, it's not that surprising (where else would he go?), but still ... I certainly expected Florentino to come knocking again. A contract renewal tops every new signing for me ... heck, le's give him the captaincy too.

Paxi

Anyway. Imagine if we have him for the rest of his career. He'll probably be one of our most capped players ever. And he'll undoubtedly be a club legend.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
"You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

:devil:

TM Vato

Woziak

Best news all transfer window and the very best business we could complete this summer, now please Jose make DaveSaves Captain?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Most important signing we could do this year, by a country mile.

CA1

We're very lucky to have him, the fans treat him very well but should be extra reception for him next season. A credit to the club both in terms of his talent, his loyalty and his professionalism. Never stirred anything up in interviews etc. It's a pleasure to have him at our club.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Where else would he go with Madrid looking set to sign Allyson
Nowhere, but the feeling has always been that if he actually did want to go to Real Madrid all he would have to do is put the word out and Perez would instantly switch targets to him. It seems like Allyson is going to happen because De Gea would be massively more expensive and has constantly refused to push strongly for the move despite Real obviously wanting him to. It's impossible to say these days whether De Gea would like to play for them or not, but he obviously doesn't feel strongly enough about it to make a big deal which is what Perez always tries to get his targets to do. Without that, it's simply not happening. Which is great news for us!

Paxi

If we keep him for another 5 years, Big Pete's reign as our greatest ever keeper (IMO) is in serious jeopardy.
Barring a horrible injury or serious drop off in De Gea's performance, if he stays for another five years, he'll be greatest Man Utd goalie of all time, without question. He'll be most capped goalkeeper and also the best (for me).

Paxi

Most important signing we could do this year, by a country mile.
Without a doubt. Probably our most important signing since fecking Rooney. He's that influential.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Barring a horrible injury or serious drop off in De Gea's performance, if he stays for another five years, he'll be greatest Man Utd goalie to of all time, without question. He'll be most capped goalkeeper and also the best (for me).
Depends if how many major honours he wins with us in my opinion. No Champions League trophy then he’ll sit behind big Pete for me.

Paxi

Depends if how many major honours he wins with us in my opinion. No Champions League trophy then he’ll sit behind big Pete for me.
I'm not sure about that to be honest. I'll judge him on his performances for us when we were abysmal, him saving us about 15 points a season. It's Fergie type influence for me.

Sanche7

We're very lucky to have him, the fans treat him very well but should be extra reception for him next season. A credit to the club both in terms of his talent, his loyalty and his professionalism. Never stirred anything up in interviews etc. It's a pleasure to have him at our club.
This. Even if he had left, I would have loved him because he has given his best and has been a true professional.Even when the move to Real fell apart in the last second, he did not complain, nor did his performance drop.
I think a big reason behind that was the way our fans treated him in his return to the team.
We need to repay his faith in us by winning some frigging trophies.

Trizy

Is DDG Real Madrid's Griezmann?
Jesus Christ don't compare the man to that boy. One has carried on (even when his situation was in doubt) in a truly professional manner. The other, carried on as a complete disrespectful clown.

Inter Yer Nan

I'm not sure about that to be honest. I'll judge him on his performances for us when we were abysmal, him saving us about 15 points a season. It's Fergie type influence for me.
Agreed. IMO he's already our best and I watched all the Schmeichel and Van Der Sar years.

To say because he didn't win a CL for me is just being too picky. So is Zico not better than inferior Brazilian players who won the WC? Is Fat Ronaldo inferior to Benzema because he never won a CL?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Barring a horrible injury or serious drop off in De Gea's performance, if he stays for another five years, he'll be greatest Man Utd goalie of all time, without question. He'll be most capped goalkeeper and also the best (for me).
Arguably he already is

Paxi

Agreed. IMO he's already our best and I watched all the Schmeichel and Van Der Sar years.

To say because he didn't win a CL for me is just being too picky. So is Zico not better than inferior Brazilian players who won the WC? Is Fat Ronaldo inferior to Benzema because he never won a CL?
100% imo.

EyeInTheSky

Jesus Christ don't compare the man to that boy. One has carried on (even when his situation was in doubt) in a truly professional manner. The other, carried on as a complete disrespectful clown.
I was not thinking along that line. More someone who actually did sign for them bar a dodgy fax and fans expecting him to go eventually but it never ends up happening ala Griezman.

Status
Not open for further replies.