De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havak

Pokemon master
Interesting stat that he's actually conceded a goal a game at United (333 in 333). Proves how dog turd we've been for the majority of his time here.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Interesting stat that he's actually conceded a goal a game at United (333 in 333). Proves how dog turd we've been for the majority of his time here.
I think all you have to do to prove how bad we have largely been is just watch us play for the last 5 years.

tieunhilang

I heard De Gea wanted 350k/week. What a joke... Freaking give him a blank cheque, Woodward!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No if We really love him, We'll appoint Zidane and sign Mbappe, Verratti, Lewandowski, Neymar and Varane.
Or we'd nor chase ungettable big names and go for players on the up who we can sign and who will fit into our system perfectly. The chances of us signing players of that ilk is very low. It'll take us 2-3 years of top class management for players at CL winners/contenders to want to play for us barring the odd anomaly.

spwd

Can't believe we've done this. Why don't we just let him go?
He is too good for us and we don't deserve him.
He should leave to save his career.
I know you’re taking the piss but Im sure we all agree , we’re shit and I don’t think anyone would begrudge him leaving but thank god we’ve got him for a bit longer.

Fracture90

Idk, for some reason club exercising 1 year extension somehow doesn't give me that much confidence at all. Don't get me wrong it makes complete sense to do so because now he can't negotiate with other clubs in January and God forbid, new deal isn't reached, we can at least demand some money for him. But the fact we had to do it, doesn't really fill me with confidence.

I do hope I'm wrong and that I'm over-thinking it.

Ban

Idk, for some reason club exercising 1 year extension somehow doesn't give me that much confidence at all. Don't get me wrong it makes complete sense to do so because now he can't negotiate with other clubs in January and God forbid, new deal isn't reached, we can at least demand some money for him. But the fact we had to do it, doesn't really fill me with confidence.

the club has done cause its an option. Negotiations are in progress so the club optioned for it to make it safe. It doesn't mean he won't sign a deal, wouldn't read too much into it.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm not really surprised to see us milking such news, nor do I blame them, there's nothing but a depressed and grim feeling about the club, has been all season.

Fracture90

the club has done cause its an option. Negotiations are in progress so the club optioned for it to make it safe. It doesn't mean he won't sign a deal, wouldn't read too much into it.
Tough times dude, tough times…

SirAF

Ageist

It's normal procedure and absolutely nothing to think about. The club activated Shaw's clause too before he signed a long term deal.

Not that it might matter much, but de Gea just liked an IG post where United quoted Mourinho about how he expected de Gea to sign a new deal.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
To be honest the press have been going with the line that DDG is free to leave end of this season.

SirAF

Ageist
Jesus. The fuss the club is making on social media about executing a clause in his frigging contract is excruciating. I know we’re starved of good news these days but ffs...
Have they though? I haven't seen any official announcement about triggering the clause - the club usually don't confirm those themselves.

Fracture90

It's normal procedure and absolutely nothing to think about. The club activated Shaw's clause too before he signed a long term deal.

Not that it might matter much, but de Gea just liked an IG post where United quoted Mourinho about how he expected de Gea to sign a new deal.
But what if I absolutely want to think about it?

klsv

Dave has liked the post quoting Mourinho saying "he wants to stay" on Instagram, 10 year contract incoming :drool:

The Purley King

Don't mind him being the top earner (bar Sanchez) in the side. He's the only one who has actually earned that size of contract over the last few years.

klsv

A list of clubs who are worse than United for getting their best players on lengthy contracts so they don't leave on a free ...

ok, fair do's there's Arsenal
Genuinely can't remember who have we lost like that. Which of our best players have left because we can't tie them down?

Havak

Pokemon master
I think all you have to do to prove how bad we have largely been is just watch us play for the last 5 years.
I don't think we need that stat to know that :lol:
It's still quite telling IMO. He's been the best in the world for a few years and I was amazed to see he concedes a goal a game. Imagine if we didn't have him? We'd have undoubtedly conceded 400+ goals in those same games :lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

David de Gea will resist any move by Manchester United to cash in on the final year of the goalkeeper’s current contract by selling him in the next two transfer windows. The Spain international is ready to sign improved terms at Old Trafford if the Premier League club agrees to make him their best paid player. If they do not, he will leave as a free agent in the summer of 2020.
Pay him what he wants already ffs.

Godfather

No chance. He's already on very very good money. If he's not happy with the deal, he can go. If he won't go, then he can rot in the reserves. Goalkeepers don't get paid more than outfielders. People can say that he's the best at what he does so he should be paid more. But other strikers and midfielders won't think that. If he's on 500k, then the new striker we want to sign is going to want 700k. It'll ruin us.

We rely on him so much because we're shite. If we become a good team, the goalkeeper won't take such a key role, and we will look very silly to have given him so much money.
This doesn't make sense. Rather make him, a player that's been performing on the highest level for us for years and probably is the best in the world in his position, our best paid player than someone like freaking Sanchez who did feck all so far.

Emrethis

This doesn't make sense. Rather make him, a player that's been performing on the highest level for us for years and probably is the best in the world in his position, our best paid player than someone like freaking Sanchez who did feck all so far.
When you put it like that, I suppose that's true. He's earned it.

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I know Castles is meant to be semi-reliable but that has to be bollocks, surely? He wants to stay but we want to cash in on him? What?

Just pay him what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.