De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yeah because he’s exactly loyal if it wasn’t for a fax machine breaking down.

It’s more if he’s worth the big new contract he is demanding and on current form he isn’t because he’s making mistakes in nearly every game we play.

It’s also not been hard being our best player in the last four years considering how shit we been.
FFS

dogwithabone

My god how can people slate DDG like this. The bloke has single handedly kept us in the top half of the PL for about 6 seasons.

He’s made a rick, get over it. There’s far more culpable players putting a United shirt on week in week out - Lingard, Rashford, Pogba as examples - who deserve this sort of sh*t.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Ole should have showed some balls after the Arsenal feck up and dropped him. Treating him with kid gloves is not helping him and more importantly us. A spoilt kid is never a good thing.

SAFMUTD

Seriously besides the brainfart to gift them the second goal, he is a mess with his feet we lose a hell lot of balls due to his poor distribution

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
My god how can people slate DDG like this. The bloke has single handedly kept us in the top half of the PL for about 6 seasons.

He’s made a rick, get over it. There’s far more culpable players putting a United shirt on week in week out - Lingard, Rashford, Pogba as examples - who deserve this sort of sh*t.
Agreed. And a top professional. Not too many of those around these days.

cyril C

The best GK in the world. And don't forget he's got a shite defence in front. Excuses of DDG.
I am afraid there was no excuse at all for the 2nd goal. It was such a weak Messi right foot, should force DDG to watch it 1000 times tomorrow to learn from his error. PSG can take him with a decent offer.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I have said for several years that De Gea has a lot of weaknesses that don’t get enough scrutiny, because United’s defence allows the focus to be on his shot stopping. I can’t see too many opposition scouting departments recommending him as an elite keeper that is worthy of paying big money for. There’s a reason Madrid have only made one concerted effort to sign him and no one else. I can’t see anyone offering big money (a world record fee for a GK) for him on a year’s contract, so this summer might be dicey if he refuses to sign.

I hope he stays and we address his weaknesses on the training field in a new setup, but we shouldn’t be overly alarmed from a sporting sense if our long term future isn’t together. It would be bad business in all probability but that’s a different matter.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
There’s no denying he’s an excellent goalkeeper, but he is prone to the odd error. Mistakes like the one tonight do happen, I’m sure most (if not all) goalkeepers will experience this type of mistake.

Bestie07

Our best player for like 4 years has a below par season and makes a bad mistake and players want him sold and call him a cnut etc.

The same people will bemoan a lack of loyalty from players.
The reactions from fans are expected if a player runs down his contract and demands huge salary to renew. I doubt the reactions would be the same if he didn't have the club over a barrel over his new contract.

Jazz

He's been making a lot of mistakes. Has probably cost us top four and now tonight. Why should we not demand that he improves, especially for the salary he wants? We'll be fecked going forward if he doesn't improve and we keep harking back to past seasons. We can't move on with that mindset.

Kag

I genuinely wouldn’t be that arsed if he were to leave. It’s taken a while to reach this point, too. It’s all a bit of a circus and he’s actually beginning to cost us games.

T_Model101

He's still on for a mega contract, there's just too much money in the game and he's run his contract down
Aubameyang is on over £200k a week as a striker and misses obvious chances every game. Players will make mistakes, such is the nature of the game.
That said it'd be nice if contracts were more performance based rather than one massive wage per week....

Canagel

Get over it :lol:.
He's been making mistakes all season dating back to the world cup. Why should we not put the focus on him if he's costing us in the position it's the worst to make mistakes in?

Jazz

He's still on for a mega contract, there's just too much money in the game and he's run his contract down
Aubameyang is on over £200k a week as a striker and misses obvious chances every game. Players will make mistakes, such is the nature of the game.
That said it'd be nice if contracts were more performance based rather than one massive wage per week....
Definitely. The players need to earn their money.

dove

He's been making a lot of mistakes. Has probably cost us top four and now tonight. Why should we not demand that he improves, especially for the salary he wants? We'll be fecked going forward if he doesn't improve and we keep harking back to past seasons. We can't move on with that mindset.
De Gea cost us top 4 ? :lol:

El-Manos

Not that bothered anymore. If he signs then great if not we’ll be fine. More worried about Pogba.

F-Red

De Gea has cost us top 4 and tonight? Have you been watching a different David?

The_Bloods

I’ll say it now.

De Gea has cost us more games than he’s won us in the Ole era.

He’s totally unsuited to Ole’s game plan and is now also letting in soft goals, too.

We will struggle to find a buyer at this rate.

Trizy

I'm repeat my recent views, let him leave and get in Oblak. He's only costing us points these games with his shit passing and mistakes.

sp_107

He is a human after all and these things happen but what worries me is his wage demands of 300K a week. Id we pay that much to goal keeper how others will demand? I think we need to off load lot of current players and start building the team from scratch

F-Red

I’ll say it now.

De Gea has cost us more games than he’s won us in the Ole era.
Go on, please document these games. A comparison of those he's won and those he has cost us. I'm guessing you have this information to hand in order to make such bold statements.

The_Bloods

Go on, please document these games. A comparison of those he's won and those he has cost us. I'm guessing you have this information to hand in order to make such bold statements.
So, quick recall here.

He probably won the Spurs game away for us.

But he cost us the league game away at Arsenal, the league game at Wolves and is about to cost us in both games against Barca.

In the rest of the games he’s largely done what a decent keeper should have done.

F-Red

So, quick recall here.

He probably won the Spurs game away for us.

But he cost us the league game away at Arsenal, the league game at Wolves and is about to cost us in both games against Barca.

In the rest of the games he’s largely done what a decent keeper should have done.
So in short, you're just making some wild assessment. Come back with the games he's saved us in Ole's reign and then i can see you've thought about it.

If it wasn't for Dave last season we wouldn't even be kicking a ball in the Champions League, short memories.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Got to admit it’s quite strange when a player goes through a bad patch when he’s looking for a big contract rise.

Roboc7

I love the guy but Romero is good enough.
He isn’t, level De Gea is playing at this season is Romero’s level. De Gea has had his head turned and its maybe time he left but Romero isn’t a suitable replacement.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
De Gea cost us top 4 ? :lol:
Two huge games in the league recently, Arsenal away and Wolves away, he was at fault (and I mean badly at fault) for 3 of the 4 goals in these games, in both games we were in full control by the way.
Even the game against Southampton before that, again, we completely dominated the game but they had two long range shots and scored both.
I said after that game that he may well have cost us and unless he ups his game he will cost us.
Sadly, I was right.

Ive never been his biggest fan to be honest but I've never even really criticised his shot stopping (when he bothers to go for it), it was more his command of the six yard box and coming out of his line.
If his shot stopping goes too then what are we left with?
Another £500,000 a week liability.

I've given up on pointing out how overrated he is because u just get the same response every time "Even the best make the odd mistake".
Which would be a fair enough argument if it was just the 'odd' mistake.

Now 'The contract' is the latest excuse.
Even though most players usually up their game when there's contract negotiations going on .

RedorDead21

Yeah because he’s exactly loyal if it wasn’t for a fax machine breaking down.

It’s more if he’s worth the big new contract he is demanding and on current form he isn’t because he’s making mistakes in nearly every game we play.

It’s also not been hard being our best player in the last four years considering how shit we been.
Ha yet Pogba can't shine because he's surrounded by shit........which one is it

Ban

He isn’t, level De Gea is playing at this season is Romero’s level. De Gea has had his head turned and its maybe time he left but Romero isn’t a suitable replacement.
Dont agree. With a better defense what we should get next season hopefully he'll be good enough.

Roboc7

Dont agree. With a better defense what we should get next season hopefully he'll be good enough.
It’s unlikely he’s a career number two who has no pedigree as a number one, he is massively over rated based on small number of appearances for us.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Not that bothered anymore. If he signs then great if not we’ll be fine. More worried about Pogba.
I’m not even worried about Pogba tbh. He’s world class when he can be arsed, but he’s a bit of a luxury player. If he really doesn’t fancy it here, then good riddance tbh. I’d like us to keep him but mainly because of the other players that need dealing with - the list of departures doesn’t any more names.

MrSingh2002

feck him off. Get over 120m and I'd rather have a motivated Romero in goal for a season or two.

We can get the next big thing if needed but no rush.

Patrick08

Just sign whatever is in front of you. Bottles it against top players. Simple shots too.

R'hllor

Maybe due all this transfer and contract talk, his head isnt in a right place. Maybe LvG was right to bench him at start of fax machine season.

cyril C

Our best player for like 4 years has a below par season and makes a bad mistake and players want him sold and call him a cnut etc.

The same people will bemoan a lack of loyalty from players.
DDG is following Rooney's path IMO. Unless you think he deserves 500K/week, which is what he asks for, we must sell him this summer or we will lose him for nothing next season. if he signs on his contract then all forgiven, but he is definitely not a 500K goal keeper.

cyril C

He is a human after all and these things happen but what worries me is his wage demands of 300K a week. Id we pay that much to goal keeper how others will demand? I think we need to off load lot of current players and start building the team from scratch
I recall it was 350K BASIC, up to 500K with bonus. The club offered him somewhere around 250-280K basic and above 300K with bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.