De Gea: "Nobody knows the future. The future is the future. I’m very happy at United."

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Don't care how good he is, I don't like him. Besides, he is a goalkeeper, not a Lionel Messi.
Guy is a wuss who had his woman doing the talking last sumer. If he wants the move this summer he'll probably have to come out of the closet and just say he wants to go to Madrid. Hope he chickens out (again).
Got it.

wolvored

I get that 99% of players don't love a club the same way that fans do. However I do feel as though his own personal desire should overrule any other factors at play in this situation. I always had the impression that most relationships involving footballers went like Ibra said - 'she goes where I go' but I guess every couple is unique so maybe Dave's girl holds more sway than we'd like.
Its all supposition and he may stay a couple of years younger, but he will go back one day. Its like Bale over there. More than likely he will be back here before his career ends

spenzo

Its all supposition and he may stay a couple of years younger, but he will go back one day. Its like Bale over there. More than likely he will be back here before his career ends
Yeah I have no doubt he'll go eventually. I'm more ok with it now than I was when he nearly went last time to be fair, we'll survive.

wolvored

Yeah I have no doubt he'll go eventually. I'm more ok with it now than I was when he nearly went last time to be fair, we'll survive.
We got a better scouting network now and you can be sure we have someone in line if he does go. Dunnarumma has been mentioned as one option. Bit like a young De Gea?

cyberman

Don't care how good he is, I don't like him. Besides, he is a goalkeeper, not a Lionel Messi.
Guy is a wuss who had his woman doing the talking last sumer. If he wants the move this summer he'll probably have to come out of the closet and just say he wants to go to Madrid. Hope he chickens out (again).
He didn't chicken out. Your lot fecked it up

spenzo

We got a better scouting network now and you can be sure we have someone in line if he does go. Dunnarumma has been mentioned as one option. Bit like a young De Gea?
Seriously talented keeper, I'm sure we're probably following him and he'll be on the shortlist if De Gea goes.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I'm not a Spaniard but I don't have to be to know the guy is not really wanted by Madrid fans. The problem is Perez doesn't give a feck about what the fans do or do not want.

I hope he stays with you forever.
Out of curiosity why wouldn't you Madrid supporting tossers want him? Is it because of his Atletico background?

RedMaestro

The new Buffon. But it would be a risk to have a soon to be 18 year old as a first team keeper in my opinion. But incredible talent.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Out of curiosity why wouldn't you Madrid supporting tossers want him? Is it because of his Atletico background?
Given the calm and neutral kind of posts, at least it has nothing to do with them being butthurt about the transfer not happening in 2015.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Given the calm and neutral kind of posts, at least it has nothing to do with them being butthurt about the transfer not happening in 2015.
Yeah, given which club it is a player acting as a decent person and professional would probably rub them the wrong way.

Zoo

He just didn't want to resort to the dirty tricks of Flo and co.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yesterday a very known program called "El Chiringuito" (totally pro-Florentino) did a poll about the best goal keeper in the world and Courtois was the first,Neuer 2d and De Gea 3d.
Something very strange coming from spanish periodists and pundits so I guess that the club want to sell us Courtois in case that De Gea is too complicate.
Some periodists,not only Madrid mouth pieces talk about a clause of 70m€.
Even if the clause doesn't exist It could be a realistic sale price,both for Courtois and David.
If Chelsea still want Morata could be an easier transfer but if the club want to pay so much for a Gk then I prefer the spaniard.
I won't say that I don't want him since is a top Gk but I am not too excited.
I still think that his match against Croatia was a disaster and as Gaucho said if he wants to play here he will need more than a sentence about the future.I guess that Courtois won't be so shy if he sees the transfer at risk.
Navas is still playing well but not so well as the last season.Minor details that make the diference among the top goal keepers.
According to some people is due to the last injury.

Last edited:

bucky

Really? Then you must have seen him in more games than me. Then I won't mention him anymore.
Why? My opinion on someone isn't gospel. If you like him, mention him, discuss and compare the player. That's one of the points of this board. I just happen to think that several German GKs are better than him, that doesn't mean it's the truth or that he could not be eyed as de Gea's replacement.

Handré1990

Haha! :lol: I love the guy, but I'll have to admit, I've thought this exact thing once or twice since the saga:wenger:

She's never a 10.
and this!

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Better? Really? Objectively I'd say they're on the same level. One is Spanish though, you do the maths..
Ok, the 'better' comment was to rile yous up. But I really wouldn't understand paying big money to slightly upgrade your goalkeeper. We have different positions we should be spending on.

Manny

Grammar Police
Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea happy at Old Trafford and not interested in Real Madrid move, insists Jose Mourinho

“I have nothing to say on De Gea because I am not going to speak about hypothetical things,” said Mourinho. “The only thing that is real is that he is my player, I am happy with him, I know that he is happy with me."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...d-goalkeeper-david-de-gea-happy-old-trafford/

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Ok, the 'better' comment was to rile yous up. But I really wouldn't understand paying big money to slightly upgrade your goalkeeper. We have different positions we should be spending on.
When does your transfer policy ever make sense though? Best GK in the world and the Spain #1 is enough reason for Real, really.

buckooo1978

There was a few whispers about Madrid and their financial situation..... rumours that they were fronting and they couldn't afford De Gea

When you consider last Summer for Real it was a strange Summer where they were very frugal

Pretty obvious Dave wanted to go and to claim a fax machine fecked it up..... I dont buy it

As for the future...who knows - we've De Gea under contract for another 2 1/2 years so we are in control

Mike09

De Gea will still be here next season, real is still banned for registering their players until 2018.
If we can win the league next season, he will stay again the next following season (most likely).

Pavl3n

If he goes - not a penny below £50m.
We have no rush or need to sell. So prolong the deal and make them pay.

Reactions: Invictus

gaucho_10

Partly yes. He is Atletico and it makes a bit of difference to Madrid fans. The other reason is that fans really like Navas. He is a humble guy and he did well last season.
And then theres the transfer fee. He'll cost a fortune and we'll be still left with Danilo as backup RB.
It just isnt worth it.

RedMaestro

Why? My opinion on someone isn't gospel. If you like him, mention him, discuss and compare the player. That's one of the points of this board. I just happen to think that several German GKs are better than him, that doesn't mean it's the truth or that he could not be eyed as de Gea's replacement.
Haha, of course not. But you seemed to be sure and I assumed that you've seen him in more games than me. The more you watch the player the more you can see their strengths/weaknesses. That's why I asked, really? I was wondering why and if you had good points I would take it in to account.

I sometimes write a bit too fast and maybe don't make that much sense. Add to this that I generally don't write/speak in this language. :)

lifted

De Gea will still be here next season, real is still banned for registering their players until 2018.
If we can win the league next season, he will stay again the next following season (most likely).
I think their transfer ban only applied to the January window that just closed - CAS' ruling cut the ban in half.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He's obviously talking about Nobby. "Nobby knows the future. The future is Nobby. I'm ery happy at United."

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nah. It's not that we don't want him, we don't care. If he comes, good. If he doesn't? We aren't in desperate need of a gk

Also, majority of us would pick curtois over him. He's better known and more highly rated in Spain than De Gea

davidmichael

If we get a champions league spot for next season then we should play absolute hardball with Real over De Gea and insist on either a swap deal for Bale or Kroos plus cash, might seem unrealistic but De Gea is the best keeper in the world and contracted to us for another two years with another year as optional.

If we don't get a champions league spot then that leaves us in a tough spot but again if we have to sell him then we at least ask for £60 million as De Gea isn't finished progessing and has another ten years at the top in my opinion, what we need to do though is stop it all being one way with Real and start signing some of their players too.

tomaldinho1

I think he's off in the summer. If Mou thinks something he says it (for example: that Ibra will sign another year extension) but, in this case, DDG and Mou's responses have been neither to confirm/deny.

I read he has £60m release clause and would willingly take a pay cut to help finance the move - at the end of the day he wants to go home and should have been already sold if it weren't for that weird transfer situation last summer.

IMO he is best keeper in PL and v few would compare but, if he is set on leaving, I think we should go in for Oblak. Simeone doesn't look like he is committed to staying there much longer given all the noise in the press & he is a top top keeper.