De Gea's future | Jose not confident but not worried about deal

Moriarty

Even if you take Jose out of the equation
1 - why would Woodward take a lessor position
2 - why would the club accept it, given he has no experience in said role.

Then we'd have to find a new exec. vp chairman of the club (or whatever his title is)
All while hiring Jardim :houllier:
1. He wouldn't.
2. The club (the Glazers) don't appear to have a problem with Woodward. He's the de facto DoF at the moment.

As for the rest, it doesn't bear thinking about.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If it take Spanish Dave bouncing for the club to get its act together I'm all for it. The man deserves to win big trophies, he won't do it here at the moment.

Aloysius's Back 3

De Gea for me has significant strengths to his game which suit the PL and its tempo.

The quick burst from one box to another allows de Gea to be a goalkeeper that remains at the end of his line consistently - waiting to save the oncoming shot.

It really is fantastic - but I have long whilst expected him to struggle in leagues where there is just so much free space that it requires the goalkeeper to come off his line.

I really can't see him replicating him self consistently to the levels he does in the PL for any other team apart from maybe Juventus - just due to the way they manage their defensive tactics.

They also only have schezyny don't they?

SATA

He wants to go but where is he going to go? Bayern, Barca and Madrid do not need new goalkeepers. Can Juventus afford him? I don't really think so. He won't want to go to PSG and play in that farmers league, i can't see it. I think he'll sign the contract once he's satisfied with the money offered

CA1

He wants to go but where is he going to go? Bayern, Barca and Madrid do not need new goalkeepers. Can Juventus afford him? I don't really think so. He won't want to go to PSG and play in that farmers league, i can't see it. I think he'll sign the contract once he's satisfied with the money offered
He's out of contract at the end of 2020. Juventus will wait to get him for free then or bully Woodward in the summer for a knock down price.

SATA

He's out of contract at the end of 2020. Juventus will wait to get him for free then or bully Woodward in the summer for a knock down price.
Nobody bullies Woodward mate, not even by Madrid back then when the fax mysteriously broke down

el3mel

Nobody bullies Woodward mate, not even by Madrid back then when the fax mysteriously broke down
We had already agreed on transfer at this time and Navas was on his way to here. LVG was playing Romero for the first month of the season to prepare for the inevitable. There was no one to give credit for in De Gea staying at this time. It was Madrid's mistake to wait for last day to make their first official offer.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Currently it is more plausible that United continue to be shite and lose De Gea to a team competiting for major trophies than United competiting for major trophies and De Gea staying. I don't think anyone begrudges Dave a move nowadays, which is all you need to know about how wasteful and bad the past five years have been.

Anyway, anyone know any good goalkeepers going? Should look to bring one in for next season, get him accustomed to the Premier League.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The Mail now writing he'll join PSG on a free next summer. Do they not know there is a club option to extend 1 year..

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

R'hllor

In my mind he left the day fax machine broke, whole thing irked me, so i cant be bothered now.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Hearing Pogba will also leave.

We'll be left with Mourinho, Lingard, Fellaini etc.

red4ever 79

Would anyone blame him if he wanted to leave? I personally would appreciate all he has doe for us and respect his decision. He has never stepped out of line, never shown less commitment. The guy wants to win things and be successful. You can hardly blame him for wanting to move away

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
They say that PSG will get around this by selling Neymar to Real Madrid.

This is just awful journalism tbh.

Its no secret that United will trigger his 1 year extension. So this whole story makes no sense whatsoever.
It was the same deal with Martial, the worse is they probably know about those extensions but choose to ignore them to rope in clicks from people who don't know any better.

Needham

What's De Gea going to take away from his career if he stays here? Silk sheets and a suitcase of

DRM

I said this in the match day thread and I'll say it again, the state we're in if he does decide to stay with us id seriously question his mentality. Go de gea, go to a club where you can win things and not waste your talent.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
All those summers worrying about Madrid taking him.. and when we finally think we can relax it looks as i we are really going to lose him this time. The way we are playing, why wouldn't he join PSG?

hubbuh

I said this in the match day thread and I'll say it again, the state we're in if he does decide to stay with us id seriously question his mentality. Go de gea, go to a club where you can win things and not waste your talent.
Go feck off yourself, wishing away our best players. Sick of reading this forum which is increasingly blighted by random cnuts that add nothing except wish ill on the club.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Go feck off yourself, wishing away our best players. Sick of reading this forum which is increasingly blighted by random cnuts that add nothing except wish ill on the club.
It's nuts, some "fans" (they're really not) are too enamoured with players rather than the club. They can feck off

Hamadovich86

Honestly Dave is wasting his time by sticking around. Seven years with only a single PL trophy to his name he could do better. I'd hate to see him go and would want him to extend his contract but I completely understand if he wants to leave.

Roboc7

He will surely go in the summer unless a new manager can somehow convince him to stay.

Is too good to be playing for us and could end up wasting years of his career if he signs a new deal.

SirAF

Ageist
It's nuts, some "fans" (they're really not) are too enamoured with players rather than the club. They can feck off
This. Who cares if de Gea «wastes» his time here? I want to keep him at all costs!

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Agreed but this post was way too rude.

"Go feck off yourself, wishing away our best players. Sick of reading this forum which is increasingly blighted by random cnuts that add nothing except wish ill on the club."

It's "fek yourself", not "fek off yourself".

Crustanoid

That imbecile Woodward prefers to save a few quid not sacking a severely misfiring manager whilst subsequently losing our best assets. Clueless moron

Maccataq

Would anyone blame him if he wanted to leave? I personally would appreciate all he has doe for us and respect his decision. He has never stepped out of line, never shown less commitment. The guy wants to win things and be successful. You can hardly blame him for wanting to move away
My thoughts exactly

dove

I don't think anyone would. We are a mess with no chance of winning PL or CL in the next 5 years. I can see him going to Juve, would be a perfect place for him.

fezzerUTD

That imbecile Woodward prefers to save a few quid not sacking a severely misfiring manager whilst subsequently losing our best assets. Clueless moron
Don't you think its de gea saying its woodward not doing his job rather than jose? he wants to win things and he wont with woodward in charge, the manager isnt allowed to build a side with his own players.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
:lol:
You ok Hun?
It was an overreaction from him but your initial comment was pretty daft, just reeks of an inferiority complex, no fan should ever wish their best players away.

Rolaholic

Seems the feel good factor is finally back at the club after getting rid of the toxic one

We're seeing much more positive news and a brighter view of the future for a change