De Gea's future | Jose not confident but not worried about deal

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Jardim trying to ring De Gea to convince him to stay :lol:

"David, it's Leonardo Jardim here.."

"Who?"

The Caf is going to be hilarious these next few years. That's one positive Woodward has given us.
More like...

"Who?"

"Good one! I'll be your next manager, please stay. Nos vamos en Manchester?"

"Sorry I don't speak Spanish"

Alabaster Codify7

DDG needs to leave if he wants to look back on his career as being anything other than a big payday. He hasn't won anything of major note apart from one PL title, here. He's in a team that's going nowhere, for his own career's sake he needs to leave.

Morpheus 7

Club messed up with Dave, low balled him at the end of last season. He should be our highest earner, he's the best keeper in the world and hasn't been given the respect he deserves and has earned. He should be the captain of Man United and highest earner, really nothing to argue about. They were over confident of him signing after Real sorted there keeper situation. The incompetence and lack of decisiveness is startling. It's shocking how poor the club are run with the resources available.

Sparky Rhiwabon

DDG needs to leave if he wants to look back on his career as being anything other than a big payday. He hasn't won anything of major note apart from one PL title, here. He's in a team that's going nowhere, for his own career's sake he needs to leave.
Yeah, would be a great move for him. Fighting for 6th place is a waste for him.

Christie

"We won't win the league again with these owners" despite winning the league with these owners before. It's the manager mate, though you apparently don't want to see that.

De Gea should, and probably will, leave. Being closer to Edurne will no doubt convince him if a better team and a much better chance of winning trophies doesn't.
Yeah keep telling yourself it's the manager mate, when we are already into our third one.

Looks like things have not sunk in for many yet, still looking for quick fixes to bring us back to success.

Josep Dowling

Obviously I'd hate to him leave but it might be a catalyst for change. Our defence will be even worse so our poor defence might finally be shown up for how bad it is. Fans would revolt if the defence wasn't sorted out eventually.

What makes it worse is the fact his contract hasn't been extended before this year. I guess that should lie with Woodward and his ineptness for future planning.

Fracture90

I'd like him to stay, but if he wants to go, he should just say so we can flog him for a decent price. Romero is an excellent keeper and there are other options in the market. That talented youngster at Milan is probably sick of having his own fans slag him off.
Yup, because yet another of Raiola's players is exactly what we need.

They just spunked all their cash on Ronaldo and Buffon still has years left.
Juventus want him on a free when his contact expires in 2020, ofc if he doesn't sign a new one.

Jose not confident but not worried

Jojo <3 Mou

100% agree. Manchester United cannot rebuild or be restored to the way we were if we are losing our best players especially given our track record of replacing them.

We have a lot of man made problems. As good as Ed is with making money he has not done a poor job with recruiting, contracts and signings. Or are those all Mourinho's fault?

We are destroying ourselves from within. The conspiracy theorist in me is thinking that this must be sabotage, how else could you explain this incompetence?

Offsideagain

According to ‘the media’ United will lose DeGea, Martial, Pogba and Sanchez by the end of the season. Rashford has every reason to want to leave if he felt that way. Christ, they all want to go even on the massive salaries they draw.

I’d have them in the office pronto and ask them to their faces if they want to play for the club and/or the manager and if they say no then move them on in January. The season if buggered anyway and we may as well finish tenth to avoid the Europa League next season and get some players in that want to play for the club and manager. A good team will usually beat a collection of individuals which is what we are right now regrettably.

tomaldinho1

He will leave, he's been promised that we would be challenging for honours with every 'rebuild'. Whilst having a shitty defense lets him be very involved his trophy cabinet looks terrible if you think he'd walk into pretty much any team.

Maybe it will take this kind of club legend (for that's what he is) losing faith to make the board understand a fresh approach to how we select managers and view football is needed.

Cloud7

That poster wanted Luke Shaw to have a bad game at the Bridge to teach us fans a lesson. He's an awful poster.
I don’t say this lightly, but IMO he is the worst on here. I really do hope that he’s a deliberate WUM, because if these are his actual thoughts and feelings, I do worry for him.

ash_86

He has Smalling and Lindelof in front of him. Which sort of top team with ambition has such a uninspiring backline? No wonder he wants to leave.

CA1

He has Smalling and Lindelof in front of him. Which sort of top team with ambition has such a uninspiring backline? No wonder he wants to leave.
He was due to sign in the summer.

I wonder if his mind changed the day the transfer window shut and he knew Woodward was calling the shots on incomings.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Similar to Ruud, one of the best in his position in the world at the time he was playing for us but unfortunately never won a whole lot with us.

Still, he has won everything in England and the EL. Could've been worse.

doriandun

Yup, because yet another of Raiola's players is exactly what we need.

Juventus want him on a free when his contact expires in 2020, ofc if he doesn't sign a new one.
All he simply has to do is buy out the last year of his contract and get that back as a signing on fee from Juventus, enabling him to move next summer, unless the club decides to hold his registration.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't see why we are delaying with that contract. If we can give average players 150k-200k then Dave must have 350k. Give him that, ffs.
My fear is that Juve will come for him. They need gk, they have money, they can guarantee titles and they can offer him Bonucci- Chiellini in defence. :wenger:

cyberman

Yep, fingers crossed he gets his big move.

This place is weird.
We had fans on here criticising Ed for not offering DDG to Madrid during fax gate summer.
Theres posters on here who only think they're fans of Utd imo.

Fracture90

All he simply has to do is buy out the last year of his contract and get that back as a signing on fee from Juventus, enabling him to move next summer, unless the club decides to hold his registration.
Don't think it works that way, club would never agree to that. He's more precious to us than them 12 million he's entitled to in his final year or sign on fee wouldn't be as high as his buyout would be.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
According to ‘the media’ United will lose DeGea, Martial, Pogba and Sanchez by the end of the season. Rashford has every reason to want to leave if he felt that way. Christ, they all want to go even on the massive salaries they draw.

I’d have them in the office pronto and ask them to their faces if they want to play for the club and/or the manager and if they say no then move them on in January. The season if buggered anyway and we may as well finish tenth to avoid the Europa League next season and get some players in that want to play for the club and manager. A good team will usually beat a collection of individuals which is what we are right now regrettably.
The fact that so many well paid players are supposedly unhappy and want out makes the club look like an absolute shambles. How many more years do we have to put up with poor management at both board level and coaching level? This can’t possibly be a player problem.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We had fans on here criticising Ed for not offering DDG to Madrid during fax gate summer.
Theres posters on here who only think they're fans of Utd imo.
Maybe you are taking their words out of context? For example I want Dave to stay( of course) and i will be pissed if he goes, but at the same time i really can't understand why would he want to stay here if he can go in PSG or Juve.

ash_86

Maybe maybe not, but he isn't enthusiastic to commit either.

He was due to sign in the summer.

I wonder if his mind changed the day the transfer window shut and he knew Woodward was calling the shots on incomings.
Highly possible. We are stuck in this civil war between the fans , board and the manager that we are forgetting that we failed to add sufficient quality to our squad.

L1nk

Yeah keep telling yourself it's the manager mate, when we are already into our third one.

Looks like things have not sunk in for many yet, still looking for quick fixes to bring us back to success.
I will keep telling myself it's the manager mate when we've hired 3 negative ass managers on the trot. 2 of which have been given obscene amounts of money to spend and have wasted nearly all of it.

I think it's you that needs to wake up, are the owners perfect? Absolutely hell no, do I want them at the club? Absolutely hell no again but Mourinho has been given a shit tonne of money to spend and he's wasted it, Lukaku was a waste of money, he doesn't even play Fred, I could go on.

Just look at Sarri and Emery, particularly Emery, how much money has Arsenal spent? A hell of a lot less than us, and yet Arsenal are doing great so far and you can actually see evidence of Emery's work at the club and he's only just started. 3 years and you're telling me you can see what Mourinho is trying to do with the team? No, if you're being truthful you cannot.

At what point have I ever said I'm looking for quick fixes? I want a younger more progressive manager in to make something of this young talent we have.

Really what more can the board do except chuck more money at the wall until something sticks, they've already spent a shed load is it their fault it's been squandered by LVG and Mourinho ? No, would a central defender this summer made a blind bit of damn difference to how garbage we look as a team on the pitch? No it would not of.

Are they blameless? Of course not but they aren't influencing the shit on the pitch are they.

flappyjay

As someone said on this matter in of the threads "I would seriously question his ambition if he stayed". I think when he extended in 2015 he thought things would have turned around by now.

ash_86

I will keep telling myself it's the manager mate when we've hired 3 negative ass managers on the trot. 2 of which have been given obscene amounts of money to spend and have wasted nearly all of it.

I think it's you that needs to wake up, are the owners perfect? Absolutely hell no, do I want them at the club? Absolutely hell no again but Mourinho has been given a shit tonne of money to spend and he's wasted it, Lukaku was a waste of money, he doesn't even play Fred, I could go on.

Just look at Sarri and Emery, particularly Emery, how much money has Arsenal spent? A hell of a lot less than us, and yet Arsenal are doing great so far and you can actually see evidence of Emery's work at the club and he's only just started. 3 years and you're telling me you can see what Mourinho is trying to do with the team? No, if you're being truthful you cannot.

At what point have I ever said I'm looking for quick fixes? I want a younger more progressive manager in to make something of this young talent we have.

Really what more can the board do except chuck more money at the wall until something sticks, they've already spent a shed load is it their fault it's been squandered by LVG and Mourinho ? No, would a central defender this summer made a blind bit of damn difference to how garbage we look as a team on the pitch? No it would not of.

Are they blameless? Of course not but they aren't influencing the shit on the pitch are they.
Have proper footballing person running the club? Have a DOF who matches club's ethos on how we want to play, let him find a manager who fits the role. This is what happens when footballing decisions are taken by a guy who is in charge of securing noodle sponsorship. We are where we are because of this throw money and see if it sticks approach.

flappyjay

I don't see why we are delaying with that contract. If we can give average players 150k-200k then Dave must have 350k. Give him that, ffs.
My fear is that Juve will come for him. They need gk, they have money, they can guarantee titles and they can offer him Bonucci- Chiellini in defence. :wenger:
I don't think it's about just money at this point. When he extended in 2015 it made him the highest paid keeper at the time. As you said if juventus came calling the chance to win a few more titles and challenging for the ucl would probably persuade him

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't think it's about just money at this point. When he extended in 2015 it made him the highest paid keeper at the time. As you said if juventus came calling the chance to win a few more titles and challenging for the ucl would probably persuade him
If Juve come and De gea stays here then i would question his mental health.
Lets be honest here. You play football( and any sport in general) for two reasons. Money and success. Juve can guarantee both. We can only guarantee money. So, we need to throw money at him. Lots of money. And maybe naming him as captain would be good idea.

Ether

Jardim trying to ring De Gea to convince him to stay :lol:

"Who?"

The Caf is going to be hilarious these next few years. That's one positive Woodward has given us.
Bruce Rioch signed Dennis Bergkamp. Roberto Di Matteo signed Eden Hazard. I doubt Suarez knew who Kenny Dalglish was when he signed him for Liverpool.

As long as the money/opportunity is right, the manager shouldn't be a deterrent for players signing.

Stacks

Yeah, would be a great move for him. Fighting for 6th place is a waste for him.
Yep, fingers crossed he gets his big move.

This place is weird.
Obviously I'd hate to him leave but it might be a catalyst for change. Our defence will be even worse so our poor defence might finally be shown up for how bad it is. Fans would revolt if the defence wasn't sorted out eventually.

What makes it worse is the fact his contract hasn't been extended before this year. I guess that should lie with Woodward and his ineptness for future planning.
Ahead of all our other problems, our biggest issue is De Gea remainining at United

cyberman

Maybe you are taking their words out of context? For example I want Dave to stay( of course) and i will be pissed if he goes, but at the same time i really can't understand why would he want to stay here if he can go in PSG or Juve.
Nah, they were hoping for the good of his career that he moves to Madrid or Barca so he could win a Balon Dor.
Good old Utd fans..

Inter Yer Nan

It's obvious there's been something keeping De Gea from extending. Jose being so open about not being confident definitely looks worrying even if he did say he's not worried either. I doubt it's money - he makes loads and will likely make less wherever he goes. I think he's settled in the area obviously and the carrot of Madrid has gone away so it's definitely him reaching a point whee he feels he needs to be at a team challenging for big honors and not one with an outside chance at Champions League qualification. I can't begrudge him that at all unfortunately.

I'd really hoped the Couirtois deal had ended this saga once and for all but I am feeling just as nervous as I was 2-3 years ago regarding his future. My gut instinct is that he is thinking long and hard about this but that ultimately he will extend with us but I've gone from 90-10 (of him committing) to almost 50/50 now.

m1tch

We're holding him back that is for sure. Imagine what he'd of achieved if the Real deal had gone through. Realistically he's got to wait 3 years before United get back to seriously challenging, and there's no guarantee that will happen with our recruitment of recent years. If he gets the chance of Juventus/Barcelona then he should go for it.

Mourinho is right on the matter though, the club needs to get serious if it has ambitions of being a top European club again. I think the reality is that the club will see De Gea as one of our very few saleable assets, and we might want to recoup some of the money lost on the likes of Matic, Sanchez, and Lukaku by getting a huge fee in for De Gea.

redshaw

Can see him going, he's been a good servant to the club but this year it looks like we'll again miss out on the Champions League. That'll be missing out in 4 of the last 6 years. That simply is not good enough and doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon. Pogba as well will have to assess where this "project" is going.

Ban

He's ruining his career by staying at United. Honestly I'm surprised he stayed this long anyway. Leaving United would do him a world of good since we're not going anywhere as a club.

On a bit serious note if we lose him it will show how incompetent Ed really is and not for the 1st time. Of course it could be that DDG wants to leave whatever we're offering him but I wouldn't trust Ed with anything.
I can see him putting a briefing after DDG leaves that the board felt the keepers we have are on par or better than Dave, to save face.

vanderpants

this is the nail in the coffin, obviously been our best player for years and to be honest i don't blame him if he leaves, its a shambles on and off the field