De Gea's future | Jose not confident but not worried about deal

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That Sanchez contract was always going to make every future negotiation tricky. We're seeing this with De Gea and will do so with Martial and Pogba in the near future.

CA1

If I was him I'd go.

He has a great relationship with Mourinho and Mourinho's time looks like it will come to an end pretty soon sadly. That will be the final straw for him. He's not going to want to stick around for somebody he has no relationship with like Jardim or Zidane.

Woodward has tried to play clever with he and his agent. And it has failed.

Juventus would be a fantastic move for him.

Andersons Dietician

If I was him I'd go.

He has a great relationship with Mourinho and Mourinho's time looks like it will come to an end pretty soon sadly. That will be the final straw for him. He's not going to want to stick around for somebody he has no relationship with like Jardim or Zidane.

:lol:

Funny. He’s arguably the best player in his position in the world, probably deserves to be the highest paid in the club and Sanchez complicates that. I’d imagine he doesn’t really care about Jose, managers come and go and he’d long outlast the mediocrity that has festered under Mourinho. I would imagine any footballer would love the chance to work with Zidane especially coming off a CL winning season.

CA1

:lol:

Funny. He’s arguably the best player in his position in the world, probably deserves to be the highest paid in the club and Sanchez complicates that. I’d imagine he doesn’t really care about Jose, managers come and go and he’d long outlast the mediocrity that has festered under Mourinho. I would imagine any footballer would love the chance to work with Zidane especially coming off a CL winning season.
Zidane was the one who reportedly vetoed his signing for Madrid. Didn't really want him.

Let him go. He deserves a big move. He knows aswell as us we're not winning the league again under these owners, he's a smart man.

He has a very good relationship with Mourinho and Mendes is his agent. Mourinho going is having a massive impact on these discussions whether you like it or not.

No player in the world will come to play for Leonardo Jardim. We'd have to offer more money to make up for it. Get used to it.

Suvvernmanc

If I was him I'd go.

I'm pretty sure Dave just wants to win trophies. And with him being in goal for this Jose side is probably enough for him to think 'Were going nowhere'. If a new manager comes in with a bit of pedigree for attacking football, i think he'll sign a new contract with us.

And how do you know that hes got a great relationship with Jose? Martial said last week that his relationship with jose was purely a player-coach relationship and no more. Dave doesnt owe Jose any more. As previous posters have said managers come and go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fracture90

Zidane was the one who reportedly vetoed his signing for Madrid. Didn't really want him.

Let him go. He deserves a big move. He knows aswell as us we're not winning the league again under these owners, he's a smart man.

He has a very good relationship with Mourinho and Mendes is his agent. Mourinho going is having a massive impact on these discussions whether you like it or not.

No player in the world will come to play for Leonardo Jardim. We'd have to offer more money to make up for it. Get used to it.
Much like we had to pay obscene money to Sanchez to lure him here instead of him going to City to work with Guardiola?

You're the same poster that keeps claiming DDG and Mourinho are friends or something like that. Last time whan I asked you based on what do you think that, you didn't answer.

Will you share with us your opinion on why you think that this time?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
If I was him I'd go.

I hope he stays. Don’t think mourinho staying or going will have much of an impact on his decision.

How do you know?

DaleT

Pains me to say it, but he needs to go. Wasting his time here at the minute. Best keeper in the world and he won’t win a trophy for atleast the next 4/5 years until we sort the mess out we are in. Deserves a Champions League medal, and he won’t get that with us

L1nk

"We won't win the league again with these owners" despite winning the league with these owners before. It's the manager mate, though you apparently don't want to see that.

De Gea should, and probably will, leave. Being closer to Edurne will no doubt convince him if a better team and a much better chance of winning trophies doesn't.

cyberman

"We won't win the league again with these owners" despite winning the league with these owners before. It's the manager mate, though you apparently don't want to see that.

De Gea should, and probably will, leave. Being closer to Edurne will no doubt convince him if a better team and a much better chance of winning trophies doesn't.
Then why did he sign his last contract? Or stay the 6 fecking years since SAF retired?
Posters on this forum have seemingly been wishing David away for years. Its sad when a fan of the club doesn't even consider that he loves playing for Man Utd.

Revan

Assumptionman
indeed - perhaps PSG will just offer him half a million a week and tell fifa to go FFP themselves

Certainly if I were his agent Id tell him to wait till the Jan window when he could in theory sign a pre-contract and see what crazy offers come in... then tell united he has an established market value in terms of wages - he is the best in the world - pay up or hes off (presumably to Paris)

I think he is allegedly on around £10m a year - but his transfer value (if he signed a new contract must be in the region of £75-£100m) so actually paying him half a million a week from a PSG point of view would be good business

Hopefully he is happy here and he stays but as a professional about to sign for possibly the peak of his career on a 5 year deal I think he (and his agent) are going to make sure its a lucrative deal and I don't blame them
United has a +1 year option, so that cannot happen. Effectively, he is under contract until summer of 2020.

CA1

Then why did he sign his last contract? Or stay the 6 fecking years since SAF retired?
Posters on this forum have seemingly been wishing David away for years. Its sad when a fan of the club doesn't even consider that he loves playing for Man Utd.
He's a top quality player in his position. He should be playing for leagues and European Cups. We can't fulfill these ambitions under this ownership and with Ed Woodward making football decisions.

And then you tie in his positive relationship with Mourinho and Mendes' plan of action now suddenly different with no loyalties. De Gea should go and good luck to him.

A replacement? Oblak is a pipe dream.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
United has a +1 year option, so that cannot happen. Effectively, he is under contract until summer of 2020.
I presume we have to activate that year option before Jan? (otherwise he is still free to negotiate with others? to test his "maket value" freely)
I also assume if it is a year option that we activate in December then would start then and he would be free in the summer to negotiate on Bosman terms from July for a move in the winter window?
I think if we would have to buy a new keeper we would realistically have to plan on doing that in the summer so in all honesty the +1 probably does not change things that much (unless we feel pretty certain of negotiating a deal between Jan and July)
Of course its better to have the option and exercising it might mean you can get some money for selling him but Courtois going for half the price of Keppa shows just how much inpact it would have on us - lets assume De gea in contract is worth £100m - he is at best £40 to £50m if we triggered the extension - in short throw a load of money on the table and if he is not interested punt him out on the market ASAP and start planning to buy somebody next summer

CA1

Jardim trying to ring De Gea to convince him to stay :lol:

"David, it's Leonardo Jardim here.."

"Who?"

The Caf is going to be hilarious these next few years. That's one positive Woodward has given us.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Why do people here seem to actively want De Gea to leave? Is this thread just filled with sadomasochists? Last thing I'd want is De Gea leaving whether he "deserves" to be playing elsewhere or not, I want the best players here and he's as good as it gets. If we ever do want to see ourselves back with Europe's elite we'll have to keep players like DDG, because of the shite we've served up for the last few years we may have to give them massively inflated contracts but if that's the cost then we have to pay it.

cyberman

He's a top quality player in his position. He should be playing for leagues and European Cups. We can't fulfill these ambitions under this ownership and with Ed Woodward making football decisions.

And then you tie in his positive relationship with Mourinho and Mendes' plan of action now suddenly different with no loyalties. De Gea should go and good luck to him.

A replacement? Oblak is a pipe dream.
You've literally made all of that up though

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Change Tuanzebe with Lindelof and that's probably our back 5 if De Gea leaves. Talk about midtable...
Offer DeGod anything he wants.
We'd presumably make De Gea run his contract down, which would expire in 2020, Valencia would be 35 at that point. Find it hard to believe that'd be our defence in 2 years.

Dolf

We'd presumably make De Gea run his contract down, which would expire in 2020, Valencia would be 35 at that point. Find it hard to believe that'd be our defence in 2 years.
If he really wants to leave I doubt we would force him to stay, especially with Mourinho in charge who has said before he has no problem with unhappy players leaving. But maybe you're right. It's anyones guess.

Revan

Assumptionman
I presume we have to activate that year option before Jan? (otherwise he is still free to negotiate with others? to test his "maket value" freely)
I also assume if it is a year option that we activate in December then would start then and he would be free in the summer to negotiate on Bosman terms from July for a move in the winter window?
I think if we would have to buy a new keeper we would realistically have to plan on doing that in the summer so in all honesty the +1 probably does not change things that much (unless we feel pretty certain of negotiating a deal between Jan and July)
Of course its better to have the option and exercising it might mean you can get some money for selling him but Courtois going for half the price of Keppa shows just how much inpact it would have on us - lets assume De gea in contract is worth £100m - he is at best £40 to £50m if we triggered the extension - in short throw a load of money on the table and if he is not interested punt him out on the market ASAP and start planning to buy somebody next summer
Nope. If we extend his contract with +1 year option, then his contract is valid until summer 2020, which means that at earliest he can start negotiating with other clubs on January 2020. +1 is added on the current contract, it is not +1 from the moment it was activated the option.

Aloysius's Back 3

Only recent I would not mind him going is because it might have the ability to make our defence actually less reliant on the goal keeper.

Furthermore de Gea doesn't control his box by coming out for the ball - tends to stay on the back line.

This is why he struggles for Spain more - their defence is less reliant on the reflexes of a goal keeper; needing more an additional presence in defence to come out and catch or fight for the balls that beat their defence.

Great player though but if he is begging to go again I really can't be bothered to keep him up against his will.

Its a current mask over our horrible defences.

Zlatattack

I'd like him to stay, but if he wants to go, he should just say so we can flog him for a decent price. Romero is an excellent keeper and there are other options in the market. That talented youngster at Milan is probably sick of having his own fans slag him off.

RuudTom83

if I was David I’d be looking at the 4 players in front of him and be wondering how it has become so bad!?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Jardim trying to ring De Gea to convince him to stay :lol:

"David, it's Leonardo Jardim here.."

"Who?"

"the guy who will bring some solid CBs in instead of the tripe your manager had brought in at 30m a pop"

"Ah ok"
fixed for you

SSSSnake

Where would he go anyway? Madrid have filled that position. He wouldn't go back to A Madrid with Oblak and Barcelona are all set.