Dean Henderson | Nottingham Forest loan watch

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He is a much better keeper than DDG and is very young . We should definitely have given him more of a run

Phil Osophy

Penalty Records in English football:
Dean Henderson - 10 penalties saved - 18 penalties faced - 55% penalty save percentage
David De Gea - 7 penalties saved - 45 penalties faced - 16% penalty save percentage

Makes another crucial save from the spot.
55 %. Savage.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Think this guy believes his own hype. He really is turning out to be an annoying little prick.

Blood Mage

He will never be good enough, being decent at saving pens doesn't make up for all of his other deficiencies.

izec

Showing on a weekly basis how inept our management and the caf is. People want leaders and players with big mentality, but turn their noses to our own youth products, that also deliver on the pitch. Absolutely puzzled. I get that if you are rubbish, but we have a good PL keeper here.
Bring him back now and give him the starting spot ffs. Let him learn and grow, will follow in big Pete's footsteps.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Showing on a weekly basis how inept our management and the caf is. People want leaders and players with big mentality, but turn their noses to our own youth products, that also deliver on the pitch. Absolutely puzzled. I get that if you are rubbish, but we have a good PL keeper here.
Bring him back now and give him the starting spot ffs. Let him learn and grow, will follow in big Pete's footsteps.
The irony

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
He's shite, just like Lingard and other players we have shipped somewhere else. Move on.

Mike Smalling

Good for him for saving a few penalties, but that ability is pretty far down on the list of what to look for in a goalkeeper. He is better at some things and worse at others compared to DDG. I would prefer us to get another GK entirely.

fallengt

Do we talk about 2nd goal? @GifLord 80:30 please
Dean did not position well. Why do you even want to defend close post there? If that was DDG, he would have stood still and ball would randomly hit his leg xD

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
You will all be apologising next season when he is our number 1 :drool:
I think Ten Hag has been pretty clear with his stance … ability is important but so is the right attitude. That’s a key reason he wanted players he knew/had worked with before… good players clearly but knew they’d be right for him and the team.

Henderson may be a decent goalie (personally I think Forest/bottom half PL is his level) but doubts about HOW he acts and still has the leak rumours hanging over him (and a couple of others).

Ten Hag.. my way or the highway. Great.

sugar_kane

Talking about penalties saved in relation to whether a keeper is good or not is beyond moronic.

Some keepers are better at saving penalties than others, but it bears hardly any relation to how good they are as keepers.

But also, saving penalties is at best 50% skill - the rest is luck. Henderson's ratio is freakishly high, but it's fairly meaningless.

This list is a few years old, but tell me how many of these names you even recognise let alone rate as top keepers:

The best penalty savers in Premier League history

caid

Talking about penalties saved in relation to whether a keeper is good or not is beyond moronic.

Some keepers are better at saving penalties than others, but it bears hardly any relation to how good they are as keepers.

But also, saving penalties is at best 50% skill - the rest is luck. Henderson's ratio is freakishly high, but it's fairly meaningless.

This list is a few years old, but tell me how many of these names you even recognise let alone rate as top keepers:

The best penalty savers in Premier League history
Haven't checked yet but Neville Southall should be up there. I seem to remember Dida being very good against penalties too and while its not particularly important in a league its values jumps up a lot in international tournaments.

Southall wasn't there. I forgot sky invented football in 92. Seems to basically be a list of keepers who played a lot of games more than anything

Think we’re safe, he isn’t as good as DeGea
He's probably better. Not that it matters, its like saying i'd rather bathe in piss than shit. Theres other options which are much better than either.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You can save as many penalties as you like, but if you're letting in shots like the first goal then you'll never be good enough.

Ironic that he can save an even closer shot by Kane being hit full pelt, but he can't move his legs for a pea roller because he lost sight of it for a millisecond?

hopefully he stays at Forest. Way too much of an ego and not in the good sense.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was it like the Salah goal positioning? That one still makes me laugh when I see it
That was the moment everyone should have realised he wasn't a top level keeper.

I think he was stood nearer the corner flag than the middle of the goal wasn't he?
Salah can't have had an easier side foot curl in.