Dean Henderson | Nottingham Forest loan watch

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
That’s straight out the Fergie textbook. If you think you may need them, exaggerate what their role will be to get them to stay. If you don’t need them and they get pissed off about it, who’s arsed at that point? Just them.
No, its not from the fergie textbook and no good manager, or person, would lie to their own advantage... and you can't even really say it was at an advantage.

Herman Toothrot

Imagine how angry he'd be if De Gea didn't pick up his fourth or fifth player of the year award last season.

Obviously, you're all enjoying the opportunity to boot the corpse of Ole Gunnar Solskjear (congratulations, you're awful), but was he supposed to drop De Gea after having had an excellent start? Make your case on the pitch, as De Gea did.

Alemar

Henderson is disrespectful towards the club, it’s unpleasant to hear :(

Anustart89

Are people on here that stupid that they can’t differentiate between a leak and an interview? By all means, if you want to think that Henderson was one of the ones leaking stuff to the media based on what’s been previously said about him, then go ahead, but to call him the leak because he’s given an interview with actual quotes? feck me…

Rolaholic

Quite a commotion surrounding his interview as expected, doubt he gives a feck but still he's burned his bridge...

poleglass red

I don't suppose that will do down well with with the boss, wasn't it reported that one of his new rules was not running to agents/press with issues. Don't think he's good enough anyway to be our number 1 keeper, give him his loan spell, hopefully he does well enough and we cash in on him.

mu4c_20le

The dressing room atmosphere plays a big impact on performances, that has always been a known thing. Ralf didn't help because he brought in MLS level coaches and the whole Lingard thing on deadline day and then never using him. Generally though I think he had an impossible task anyway, but he didn't help.

Fringe players being disgruntled means your training sessions each and every day are impacted. Players who are friends with others get impacted by it and start taking sides. You get constant distractions. You aren't training or working with a United group, but it's a group where half the people are putting in half the effort as they don't want to be there, and then it drags the quality of everything down. The morale was absolutely shattered last season, and that stemmed from a mixture of garbage coaching and garbage squad/man management. That's it. Henderson and Lingard are 2 of the biggest examples of garbage management. Both should have been sold ages ago if they wanted regular football, yet they were kept around to be "squad players", and then never used
Then the captain should've stepped in and handled things. I don't doubt that he could've made some better decisions, but any grown ass adult who downs tools because they aren't getting the minutes they were promised is a bit much.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I like Henderson hand hoped for him to become our number one at some point, but that interview could've been a step too far

miked99

I hope they buy him. His opinion of his talent is so mismatched with the reality. Nothing more than a fairly good goalkeeper and never enough for United.

Swedish_Plumber

No need for the public comments and probably another insight to why the squad environment was so toxic last season.

Poor management really, but there shouldn’t be any surprises there either.

Judas

Open to offers
Don't think he was ever likely to be the answer to our keeper issue, but I honestly don't blame him for the feelings he has. Not great to do it in public, but none of it surprises me.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Then the captain should've stepped in and handled things. I don't doubt that he could've made some better decisions, but any grown ass adult who downs tools because they aren't getting the minutes they were promised is a bit much.
What? This is people's careers we are talking about. If their manager keeps lying to them and doesn't follow up on promises, then of course they will be unhappy. When it happens across multiple individuals in a squad, then it's going to be a garbage atmosphere among the teal and the team won't want to play for that manager. Welcome to real life where you can't just lie to people about how their career goes. Its entirely normal. This is nothing a captain could step in and do something about, it's on the manager to be honest and do what is right for the player.

Again, there is a reason why Klopp and Pep prefer smaller squads. They like training with a group where it is clear what everyone's role is, and not have excess players in who only lower the quality of training sessions.

Mmm-Qatarian

Some of our fans have an astounding lack of empathy.

Yeah, sure, this interview is perhaps not the most professional way to go about things. However, it's worth remembering that Henderson has essentially wasted an entire year of his career on the bench at United when, back in January, it was reported that there were teams ready to take him on loan but Rangnick wanted to keep him in case De Gea got injured. If you expect somebody to just put up with that, and think that if they don't they're an "arsehole", then I'm sorry but frankly you're a bit socially inept.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's a disgrace. Must never play for this club again.

mu4c_20le

Again, there is a reason why Klopp and Pep prefer smaller squads. They like training with a group where it is clear what everyone's role is, and not have excess players in who only lower the quality of training sessions.
And what happened when a few of Liverpool's defenders got injured? Many of our players are also crocks, and our seasons almost got derailed because of injuries.

Mmm-Qatarian

And what happened when a few of Liverpool's defenders got injured? Many of our players are also crocks, and our seasons almost got derailed because of injuries.
I mean sure, you can apply that explanation, but you don't then get to be aghast when the squad players are annoyed because they're not getting any playing time.

You cannot have your cake and eat it. If you keep players around just in case another guy gets injured, then you have to live with the fact that the guys who do nothing but sitting around waiting for a sliver of game time might (reasonably) become upset because of it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm glad he's getting public backlash for those comments, it must be bad if I'm agreeing with Danny Mills

I say again should have sold the prick ages ago and I hope he's never given the chance to play for us again, hope him and Forest get relegated

DevilRed

You wonder why we have so many weak cnuts that down tools and turn on managers.

What in fecks name has he done to deserve to be no 1 at our club? feck all.

CM

It's one thing to be disappointed at a lack of opportunities but to speak in those terms and in such a public manner is pretty brazen. Maybe the club did let him down last season but he has his opportunity now, comments like that aren't really helpful to anybody.

Woziak

Another needless story for ETH, it’s a known fact Dean was one of the leaks, with Jessy good luck Forrest!
Back up Keeper signs 120k per week 6 year contract and thinks he’s the next big thing, the mistake isn’t Dean Henderson stating what he felt, the mistake is that this guy was part of our squad, get rid hopefully for 25/30M if he has a good season and let’s hope Gill and Ferguson new input goes back to recruiting men of integrity, character as well as ability not f….cry babies who feel a sense of entitlement and can take realistic competition.

rooney2009

Agree with Danny Murphy here
You can’t get promised a starting position except you are Ronaldo or Messi
What happens if you lose form or get injured
It’s a 25 Man squad game and everyone is there to compete

Red For Ever

He was found wanting when he played. Not good enough.
Thre place in the team should not be guaranteed anyway
Not for anyone.
I don’t believe he was guaranteed to start, no matter what.
Even he must know it has to be subject to performing at the top level.

in the games he played he did ok, but not enough to suggest
he replaces the person who turned out to player of the year.

It’s always some one else’s fault

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Some of our fans have an astounding lack of empathy.

Yeah, sure, this interview is perhaps not the most professional way to go about things. However, it's worth remembering that Henderson has essentially wasted an entire year of his career on the bench at United when, back in January, it was reported that there were teams ready to take him on loan but Rangnick wanted to keep him in case De Gea got injured. If you expect somebody to just put up with that, and think that if they don't they're an "arsehole", then I'm sorry but frankly you're a bit socially inept.
Not sure what you're saying there exactly? Should everyone young player who's not getting a starting slot refuse to accept it?

-Supreme-

Would rather see people being honest in public than those that pretend to be angels but likely to be a proper dick behind the scenes.

DevilRed

Probably one of the leakers.

the thing that I remember the most about his performances is his rashness in coming out for the ball. Almost as if he has to prove he was a capable sweeper keeper. But made some big errors in doing so.

will likely never be good enough to be no 1 at a top club.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's a disgrace. Must never play for this club again.
Pretty sure he wanted to leave permanently this summer, so doubt he gives a feck

Trex

I don't blame the player its just poor leadership that translate into this, how can you follow people if they can't be honest with you, we had De gea, and Romero we didn't need him back. We either let him go on another loan or sell.
Same with Lingard why didn't we sell to West ham, or Cavani we begged him to stay then signed Ronaldo. Its just poor management.
No surprise last season translated like it did.

Woziak

I hope they buy him. His opinion of his talent is so mismatched with the reality. Nothing more than a fairly good goalkeeper and never enough for United.
Absolutely agree, it would be interesting to know where he figures in the PL pay league of 50 Goalkeepers, We know D De Gea is top on £375k per week, I would guess only Ederson from City and Alison from Liverpool Are paid more, Mendy, Ramsdale and Lloris are all on less and that my friend is everything that’s wrong with our club let that sink in Dean Henderson who plays for Forrest on loan while we are paying half his wages gets paid more than Edward Mendy from Chelsea!
When are we going to start acting like a big club, a loan contract should have been in place that should be criticise his parents club in anyway, the club could withhold 2 weeks wages at any time!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
What a fecking bellend. He comes across as a right entitled prick. How about buckling down, taking your chance when it comes and fighting to keep the number one spot?

arthurka

I understand where he is coming from and all that but being promised a no one spot I don't believe that at all and even if it happened how naive can you be? It's pro sports and you drop your standards or not being available someone else will take that spot. He just sounds arrogant and naive to be fair. Danny Mills was spot on.

Robbo*

Thinks quite highly of himself for a bloke who had a few good games in the championship

Lyng

You wonder why we have so many weak cnuts that down tools and turn on managers.

What in fecks name has he done to deserve to be no 1 at our club? feck all.
This is spot on. The idea that Manchester United somehow owe him something is outrageous.
Give your head a wobble Dean and feck off.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Thre place in the team should not be guaranteed anyway
Not for anyone.
I don’t believe he was guaranteed to start, no matter what.
Even he must know it has to be subject to performing at the top level.

in the games he played he did ok, but not enough to suggest
he replaces the person who turned out to player of the year.

It’s always some one else’s fault
Two things I remember from him playing - a terrible mistake against Sheffield United (I think) to gift them a goal early on in a game. And him basically laying out the red carpet for Salah to score into an empty net. Far too confident for his ability, like Hart or Pickford.

Mmm-Qatarian

Not sure what you're saying there exactly? Should everyone young player who's not getting a starting slot refuse to accept it?
Henderson is 25 and reportedly had loan options from teams playing in top leagues; it's not comparable to some random youth team player.