Dean Henderson | Nottingham Forest loan watch

Walters_19_MuFc

You quoted a bunch of people talking about Henderson and said that Ten Hag has made a mistake letting him go because he needs a ball-playing keeper.
Someone put " Henderson looks better than any version we've seen from De Gea since 17/18", which I assume was more to do with his shot-stopping abilities and dominance in the box, rather than his ball-playing abilities. I then replied it may have been a mistake by ten Hag to get rid of him. Again, not because of his ball-playing abilities but because it's safe to say that even De Gea's shot-stopping hasn't been great for a while now.

Had Henderson stayed, I'd have said the same thing if Henderson didn't prove to be good enough with the ball at his feet. I do; however, think he's better than De Gea in that regard, and if we weren't adding a keeper, which we obviously haven't done so (still time yet) then I'd have liked to see what Henderson could have done instead.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Starting instead of DDG is not a cult, it is common sense.

Please point out any poster claiming he’s world class or some incredible talent…the simple rationale is DDG has become so poor AND isn’t a tactical fit, we might as well start anyone over him and Henderson was our No2.
I didn't call anything a "cult", that was sarcasm responding to what the other guy was saying about people who disagree with him.

I'm firmly in the "they're both shit, get somebody else in" camp, for what it's worth.

mu4c_20le

They seem to save individual clips of his errors (of which there are less than from de Gea) and bring them out to "prove" their point, even when every single statistic and metric is against them. It's the weirdest cult I've ever seen.
No one has any individual clips, or videos, otherwise posters here might actually remember the mistakes. These are from his performance thread.

Here's one where he tried to show up De Gea by charging out.

matt23

I hope Dean is professional enough to be following John Harrison

hobbers

He is off his line comically early.

Which might work if he was a man mountain like Schmeichel or Neuer, but he's a tiny little thing.

criticalanalysis

Yes that's what I thought when I saw the highlights as he was caught a bit in no man's land.

It seems it was quite a high line by Forest so he had to make a judgement call. Come out and take everything to the cleaners with a clearance or drop back a lot, neither of which he did convincingly.

I hope Dean is professional enough to be following John Harrison
Henderson has previous of this type of situation already, so if he is following or knows about this aspect of his keeping, he's gonna still have to improve on it because it's not working yet.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He is off his line comically early.

Which might work if he was a man mountain like Schmeichel or Neuer, but he's a tiny little thing.
To be fair, that approach did work later on for him when Gordon tried to chip him when he was stood tall, but yeah he seems a bit erratic with his decisions to come out (even if it is of course preferable to the De Gea approach of being planted on your line, before anybody chimes in with the comparison again).

SER19

There's certainly a trend there. Nothing that cant be worked on in a young keeper, but that's a few one on ones where when you look at it you wonder what he's doing

Longshanks

Yes mate. Disagreeing with the crowd of people who are pushing the idea that Manchester United should be starting a bottom half/Championship quality keeper is a cult.
Over De Gea? Most definitely, Henderson is far more proactive, confident with his feet,better with his feet and sweeps and pushes his defensive line forward. All things that a 'top' club require from there GK all things De Gea isn't.

Weather he is actually good enough? Give him a decent crack and we will soon find out,if not we lose nothing other than not having de gea acting like a lead weight to our defence for a season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Him benched at United has been a criminal act
:lol: :lol:. This thread is unbelievable. So many myths and bs at the same time.
Henderson got his chance (run of games) and that time showed;
1) how average he is in shot stopping
2) how bad he is in one on one situations
3) how shit he is in positioning
Also that period broke all myths about him. He is NOT commanding keeper, he is NOT good on penalties (Boro game) and he is NOT good passer.
Henderson is exactly where he needs to be. Average gk in average PL team.

Now carry on with this delusion regarding him.
I am going to create a thread about Lingard and rewrite history
" Best amc that this club had"

Giggsyking

he made high claims in 3 matches this season more than what DDG did the entire last season.

::sonny::

:lol: :lol:. This thread is unbelievable. So many myths and bs at the same time.
Henderson got his chance (run of games) and that time showed;
1) how average he is in shot stopping
2) how bad he is in one on one situations
3) how shit he is in positioning
Also that period broke all myths about him. He is NOT commanding keeper, he is NOT good on penalties (Boro game) and he is NOT good passer.
Henderson is exactly where he needs to be. Average gk in average PL team.

Now carry on with this delusion regarding him.
I am going to create a thread about Lingard and rewrite history
" Best amc that this club had"
Not a Top G, but surely better than ddg, facts

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
With the way we’re going I would expect our next goalkeeper to be 5’5”.

caid

I think hes a better keeper than De Gea. I also think hes pretty mediocre and like de gea would need to be upgraded asap. He also comes off as a dickhead so not pushed in the slightest to lose him.
We could compare de gea to any keeper in the league and he'll look second best. Doesn't mean i'm going to pine after Dean fecking Henderson

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Honestly, when I’m in the situation of trying to shoot like that in one v one situation, I would rather my goalkeeper not rushing out but stay deep so I can have more space to aim my shot.

saivet

All the bad things

It's a pretty weak fail comp. Even from the 'good' video, it was pretty clear he was launching the ball long a lot, so doesn't really add much.

He was caught in no mans land for the goal though.

Bondi77

Honestly, when I’m in the situation of trying to shoot like that in one v one situation, I would rather my goalkeeper not rushing out but stay deep so I can have more space to aim my shot.
What has your keeper got to do with it if you are the one shooting?

hobbers

Henderson reminds me of Joe Hart. Good at some things, a bit flappy, a bit error-prone, thinking he's better than he really is.
Yep, he has the right attitude for a top keeper but none of the ability.

Flappy at crosses and shit with his feet. Hoofs the ball like a young Chris Smalling.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What has your keeper got to do with it if you are the one shooting?
Im not a keeper expert to answer what's the right thing to do or what's the wrong thing to do but I can share my opinion based on what I experienced about which situation I would rather facing if the goalkeeper is my opponent. If I want to have better chance to score, I don't want the opposition keeper to close the gaps/space. If the keeper stays deep means the keeper allows me to have more time and space to think, which makes it easier of me to aim my shot. This happened many times to me.

Bondi77

Im not a keeper expert to answer what's the right thing to do or what's the wrong thing to do but I can share my opinion based on what I experienced about which situation I would rather facing if the goalkeeper is my opponent. If I want to have better chance to score, I don't want the opposition keeper to close the gaps/space. If the keeper stays deep means the keeper allows me to have more time and space to think, which makes it easier of me to aim my shot. This happened many times to me.
I understand that but your keeper is at the other end of the pitch defending your goal!