Dean Henderson | Nottingham Forest loan watch

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
cnut. Very good today. If he wasn’t playing we might have scored another.

izec

The last chance sums up Henderson and De Gea perfectly. He is not perfect, but not a statue on the line either waiting to concede cheap goals.

PoTMS

Hopefully the cnuts sell him for £30m+ and don't make the same mistake as they did with Lingard.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Hopefully the cnuts sell him for £30m+ and don't make the same mistake as they did with Lingard.
Yeah, and they should be able to get decent money if Liverpool were able to get £15m for fecking Danny Ward.

Red-17

Wait a minute, we were told that he's assertive when coming from crosses off his line and good with his feet, apparently its what sets him and de Gea apart?
He is when you compare him to De Gea who is the least assertive keeper in the league and pretty dire with his feet too. No one is saying he is world class, just that he should have actually gotten gametime when the alternative is a keeper who is not suited to modern football.

Rockets Redglare

Good goalkeeper but still not what we need. Hopefully we’ll cash in at the end of the season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not surprised he's doing well at a relegation battling club.

Meanwhile mid table clubs have goalkeepers like Raya and Sanchez, who look more suited to playing for top sides than Henderson ever has.

And meanwhile meanwhile we have De Gea, who.... Well, no need say really.

Hopefully it's not long before we have a better goalkeeper than is currently on our books.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
His contract was nearly up.. There was some interest from Chelsea iirc.. He was told he would compete for the starting spot and he agreed to sign an extension..

He barely got a look in despite being good whenever he got a chance.. Can totally see why he wasnt happy..

If he was leaking stuff, that's a separate issue.. but I dont care if he was pissed off after what happened.. Thankfully not everyone at the club is happy to collect their wages and not worry about playing football.

Also, the leaks have barely stopped after Lingard and Henderson have left.. so who knows .. they might not have been the ones.. its a bigger issue.
Well this isn’t true of course.

city-puma

He has gotten the second highest rating in the team this game. He will help forest to stay in EPL this season.

Cantonagotmehere

I am more concerned about what a player does on the pitch rather than what they say in interviews. Especially these days where interviewers are out to either 'butter up the player' (as on MUTV) or get them to say something controversial.

I would have played Henderson instead of DeGea, from the beginning, simply because the lad is 'on the up' and is more confident. DeGea's best form is shown when he has a settled 2 CB's in front of him so he knows what to expect from them and they know about his 'peculiarities'.

If ETH is going to rotate CB's for different games, then expect to see less confident goalkeeping from De Gea.
Good points. I sure wanted 1.5 years ago or whenever that was over De Gea, mainly for his box presence.

Kag

Yeah. He's done nothing but hoof it aimlessly to Everton players or into the stands, but we'll still have people banging on in here about how he's a "ball-playing keeper". The lad is an absolute myth.
You’d do well to find more than three posts anywhere online in which Henderson is described as a ‘ball-playing keeper’. A strange conclusion.

V.O.

You’d do well to find more than three posts anywhere online in which Henderson is described as a ‘ball-playing keeper’. A strange conclusion.
I made that comment precisely because somebody had already said it today:

Ahh, I see, but surely he has to take some blame for not identifying that we needed a ball-playing goalkeeper, just as he identified that we needed a left-footed cente back.

I see, but surely he has to take some blame for not identifying that we needed a ball-playing goalkeeper, just as he identified that we needed a left-footed centre back? It's crucial to the way he wants to play!

Kag

Well this isn’t true of course.
It is, of course. Minus some strange goalkeeping towards the back end of a Liverpool defeat, which is all people seem to be able to hang on to it seems, Henderson was in good form at the conclusion of the 20-21 run in. We conceded fewer goals with him in the side and he was regularly praised for being proactive. Then he got injured and then he got Covid. Here we are.

Kag

Look at what he's quoting. That's exactly what he's saying.
I can’t be arsed. But if he’s saying it then he is wrong. My point still stands: there is no narrative at all to suggest Henderson is a ball-playing goalkeeper. He’s wooden and keeps it simple. He has a wonderful throw, mind.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It is, of course. Minus some strange goalkeeping towards the back end of a Liverpool defeat, which is all people seem to be able to hang on to it seems, Henderson was in good form at the conclusion of the 20-21 run in. We conceded fewer goals with him in the side and he was regularly praised for being proactive. Then he got injured and then he got Covid. Here we are.
He’s had more than the one strange moment.

tomaldinho1

Some of the posters on here seem very invested in Henderson not doing well for some reason.

V.O.

Why are you quoting me? Nowhere did I mention Henderson was a ball-playing goalkeeper. :houllier:
You quoted a bunch of people talking about Henderson and said that Ten Hag has made a mistake letting him go because he needs a ball playing keeper.

mu4c_20le

It seems like you only remember the good and forget the bad. Maybe because people only make videos about the good stuff.

Remember this one?

GazTheLegend

Some of the posters on here seem very invested in Henderson not doing well for some reason.
They seem to save individual clips of his errors (of which there are less than from de Gea) and bring them out to "prove" their point, even when every single statistic and metric is against them. It's the weirdest cult I've ever seen.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
That's the thing. Even if Henderson is not the long term solution we should have waited with the guy who looks like a professional keeper at least.

And he's the best paid keeper in the world, which makes it even worse. It sums up the club.
Yeah not sure why we sanctioned the loan without a replacement in first, tell him to hold fire until we get sorted, now we are short and have shot ourselves in the foot and will get rinsed for a replacement.

V.O.

They seem to save individual clips of his errors (of which there are less than from de Gea) and bring them out to "prove" their point, even when every single statistic and metric is against them. It's the weirdest cult I've ever seen.
Yes mate. Disagreeing with the crowd of people who are pushing the idea that Manchester United should be starting a bottom half/Championship quality keeper is a cult.

tomaldinho1

Yes mate. Disagreeing with the crowd of people who are pushing the idea that Manchester United should be starting a bottom half/Championship quality keeper is a cult.
Starting instead of DDG is not a cult, it is common sense.

Please point out any poster claiming he’s world class or some incredible talent…the simple rationale is DDG has become so poor AND isn’t a tactical fit, we might as well start anyone over him and Henderson was our No2.