Dean Henderson | On loan at Forest | gives public outburst against United

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The goalkeeping conondrum is one I feel would have to be put on hold while we prioritise other pressing positions this summer. I'm sure Ten Hag will make it priority in future windows.

For the time being I'd keep De Gea and just sell Henderson. He's not good enough to replace De Gea long term, and frankly if the rumours about him being one of the dressing room leakers is true, I want him gone from the club.
Unless someone actually offers us £30-40m, I’d back Henderson as our number 1 for the upcoming season. Let DdG either move on and see out his contract.

Either Hendo outperforms everyone’s expectation, or he does no better/worse than DdG meaning we can sell him that year and get a decent fee.

EdinburghDevil

If we got in the region of £40m for Dean, I'd sell him.

I think there are bigger priorities this summer given how DDG played this season and the money from the Henderson sale can be reinvested in the squad.

Then identify a replacement for DDG during the course of next season priority to DDG contract expiring.

Jacob

Selling a bench warmer for 40M while bringing the transfer kitty up to 160 :drool: That's one FdJ and 100M to spare.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
30 million. Anything more is a bonus.

Selling him, Martial, Bailly and AWB would be great business for us and allow much needed improvements to the squad.

Mcking

I'm not sure loan to Newcastle is anywhere near a good deal unless there's an obligation to buy. They have a pretty solid Premier League goalkeeper in Dubravka too, so we are risking him losing even more value.

MUFC OK

I mean if it's really 40 mill why not, too good of a deal to pass on.
Cant see that, we will be lucky to negotiate £25m with our negotiators. Think that would be a fantastic deal for Newcastle for a young English goalkeeper. He's better than Ramsdale.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If we aren't selling De Gea, I doubt Sanchez would like to play #2.
If we buy a goalkeeper next they are not becoming our number 2.

De Gea and a more all rounded GK no 1 would be a good 2 GKs to have in the squad.

RedDevil@84

If it is a pure loan deal, we need not agree to it. There should be manadatory buy clause or they can buy him altogether now.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Cant see that, we will be lucky to negotiate £25m with our negotiators. Think that would be a fantastic deal for Newcastle for a young English goalkeeper. He's better than Ramsdale.
I was just going off the thread title but 25 makes it a lot less alluring.
We probably loan him out as I don't see us selling at price like the ones you yourself quoted and we might wanna have the luxury of having him as a backup in case it all gone awry with Dave.
I'm not sure if he's better than Ramsdale, we haven't really watched him constantly.

RonaldoVII

Unless someone actually offers us £30-40m, I’d back Henderson as our number 1 for the upcoming season. Let DdG either move on and see out his contract.

Either Hendo outperforms everyone’s expectation, or he does no better/worse than DdG meaning we can sell him that year and get a decent fee.
Or he's worse than De Gea, as he was when he got his chance at the end of last season.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Or he's worse than De Gea, as he was when he got his chance at the end of last season.
I wouldn’t say he was worse than DdG last season.

In any case, if he is demonstrably worse than DdG, then we can at least play DdG.

DevTheRed

Would be a great move for him, plus the funds would help us massively!

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
So..a repeat of 2020, but with his stock dropping even further.
How so?

Just to note - I did preface this by saying if we get that offer between £30-40m then we should sell.

mu4c_20le

How so?

Just to note - I did preface this by saying if we get that offer between £30-40m then we should sell.
Fair enough, but the risk of not taking the money and playing him is his value dropping. Deano is a decent keeper but his biggest issue is that he tries too hard to upstage de gea and ends up making some bad mistakes.

Rocknrolla69er

The Henderson fee would probably get us the Dutch left back.

Anything we get for AWB would probably free funds up for Timber for RB.

SAF is the GOAT

To tell you the truth I had a strong feeling for a long time that he's 1 of the players who leaks info to the press and if we consider the reports(I think from Mitten) today about players leaving that will stop the leaking - I'm not surprised

JB7

I wouldn’t say he was worse than DdG last season.

In any case, if he is demonstrably worse than DdG, then we can at least play DdG.
He wasn't worse in any way shape or form. In fact he was considerably better than De Gea last season. Both the basic eye test and statistics are there for all to see, both individually and for the team. He made two mistakes and somehow that is all people remember, despite being completely blind to De Gea's regular failings.

The history rewriting people do at times is ridiculous.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
How was he worse than De Gea?

Henderson made two or three mistakes in goals that he conceded and had a couple of other shaky moments, but overall he was miles better than De Gea was in the previous three seasons (who was himself making regular mistakes far more often). Arguably better than De Gea has been this season as well. The defence as a whole suddenly looked more solid and we conceded less goals than at any time in the last four seasons that De Gea has been in goal.

JB7

I would, to be honest. The only keepers in the Prem i would play over De Gea are Alisson and probably Kasper Schmeichel but that’s just me
On so many levels, wow.

Blood Mage

There's a weird anti-De Gea cult on this forum that I will never understand. He was our best player this season and without him we would have finished much lower down the table. Henderson is just average.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
He wasn't worse in any way shape or form. In fact he was considerably better than De Gea last season. Both the basic eye test and statistics are there for all to see, both individually and for the team. He made two mistakes and somehow that is all people remember, despite being completely blind to De Gea's regular failings.

The history rewriting people do at times is ridiculous.
I agree with you. He did have a horror show in the 4-2 versus Liverpool (that Salah goal), but he was one of many that game. I think he’s a better goalie than DdG for what it’s worth.

However, if someone is offering £30-40m then we’d be stupid not to take it.

RonaldoVII

How was he worse than De Gea?

Henderson made two or three mistakes in goals that he conceded and had a couple of other shaky moments, but overall he was miles better than De Gea was in the previous three seasons (who was himself making regular mistakes far more often). Arguably better than De Gea has been this season as well. The defence as a whole suddenly looked more solid and we conceded less goals than at any time in the last four seasons that De Gea has been in goal.
Henderson's shaky run of games last season better than De Gea has been this season? That's nonsense. He has never once looked good enough to be our first choice keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.