Dean Henderson | Sold to Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure if there are any active thread on his exit, looks like deal is close as per talksport.

Hopefully we get good money.

Mainoldo

£30m should be a good fee. We can use that as an upfront fee for a new first team keeper.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Wouldn't be surprised if you sold him and bought Raya for a similar fee.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
£30m should be a good fee. We can use that as an upfront fee for a new first team keeper.
Is that what's being reported? Can't listen to TalkSport at the minute.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Surely get a good fee for him, be very surprised if we didn't.

Baneofthegame

Like I said in another thread, 25+5 would be enough for me, use to towards someone like Costa/Raya

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Would be brilliant business if we can get the same kind of money that we got for Dan James.

If the scouse could sell Danny Ward for £15m five years ago, we should be able to get £20-30m here.

saivet

Glad that his injury looks like it won't scupper a transfer. Fortunately it looks like he did enough in the first half of the season that they want to sign him permanently.

Lentwood

If Forest don't believe he's worth £25m as a young, starting Premier League GK then what on Earth are they trying to sign him for?

We really need to get tough with these negotiations. I'd say stop wasting our time, stop wasting the players time, if you won't pay that, you can't seriously believe the lad is the right player, take it or leave it

TheGodsInRed

If Forest don't believe he's worth £25m as a young, starting Premier League GK then what on Earth are they trying to sign him for?

We really need to get tough with these negotiations. I'd say stop wasting our time, stop wasting the players time, if you won't pay that, you can't seriously believe the lad is the right player, take it or leave it
He is on 100k in wages though, which must pose a big issue for Forest.

flappyjay

Salary is what makes these things hard. It's why it was so easy to get a good fee for Daniel James. It cause he wasn't on a 100k. If they sign dean he becomes their most paid player.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They are having laugh thinking that's too much. 30 million take it or leave it, no matter what anyone thinks he's a young English goalie of starting quality in the PL. If he is a priority for them and they have literally watched him develop for them over a few years, they should value him as such. United should absolutely be tough with them here.

The White Pele

We can’t allow his wages to become an issue and lower the fee as a result. That’s down to the player. He’s made it clear he would rather go and be first choice elsewhere so if he has to take a pay cut to do that then tough. If he’s not happy taking a reduction he probably should have thought about it before effectively burning his bridges with the club.

Regardless, I think Forest will stump up the cash to pay him £100k a week.

Von Mistelroum

I reckon he might be staying since we might lose DDG. I expect us to start next season with either De Gea and a new, cheap backup keeper, or if De Gea leaves, with Henderson and a new, cheap backup keeper.

Real Name

I reckon he might be staying since we might lose DDG. I expect us to start next season with either De Gea and a new, cheap backup keeper, or if De Gea leaves, with Henderson and a new, cheap backup keeper.
I dont think he will be our number one. I certainly hope so he wont.

Oranges038

25m is plenty for him.

Not wanted by the club, not wanted by the fans, just sell him for that and use it to fund a new keeper.

RuudTom83

Can see a scenario where Henderson finds himself sat on United's bench looking miserable again haha.

United are short on GK for next season so wont want to let him go early in the window. Forest might get bored of waiting and look elsewhere and United will probably get themselves a shiny new no.1 eventually...leaving Henderson back where he started.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
But as they are no longer paying Lingard his daft wages they can afford to pay Henderson £100,000 per week, wasn't Lingard on double that?
You're simplifying wages and contracts far too much.

Henderson would likely be a 3 or 4 year deal so you have to factor that into long term budgets, as you do with the transfer fee. Lingard was a one year deal on c. 120k per week. They also spent a lot of money last summer transfer/wage wise and they're not going to be able to do the same this season. Last summer was all about staying in the league so they went a bit crazy. This season is about trying to stabilise so I'd be very surprised to see a similar splurge and they'll be more cautious/negotiate more strictly.

Dan_F

Not really because that was a one year contract with no transfer fee.
So they can find £25 mil for Morgan Gibbs White and pay Lingard £200k a week, but doing that for Henderson is out of the question?

I find it all a bit strange anyway. I understand that United have offered a long term contract and legally owe him the money, but the expectations of being able to move to a smaller employer, have less pressured job role etc and keep the same wage is a bit weird.

Bottom line is United need to be more decisive earlier on obviously, and stop being taken for mugs. If average players ask for stupid wages just instant sell them and say good luck getting it at Forrest.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So they can find £25 mil for Morgan Gibbs White and pay Lingard £200k a week, but doing that for Henderson is out of the question?

I find it all a bit strange anyway. I understand that United have offered a long term contract and legally owe him the money, but the expectations of being able to move to a smaller employer, have less pressured job role etc and keep the same wage is a bit weird.

Bottom line is United need to be more decisive earlier on obviously, and stop being taken for mugs. If average players ask for stupid wages just instant sell them and say good luck getting it at Forrest.
See above. You're simplifying it and equating one year contracts for players with no transfer fees with 3 to 5 year contracts for players with transfer fees. Also Forest are in a different position to last summer.

Also the 200k per week isn’t right. Telegraph and Athletic report it was roughly 120k.

Your last sentence makes no sense either.

Last edited:

Dan_F

See above. You're simplifying it and equating one year contracts for players with no transfer fees with 3 to 5 year contracts for players with transfer fees. Also Forest are in a different position to last summer.

Also the 200k per week isn’t right. Telegraph and Athletic report it was roughly 120k.

Your last sentence makes no sense either.
But if they sign MGW for £25 million and £50k a week, plus Lingard on £120k a week for last season, they clearly have the budget to spend another £25 million fee this season and £100k in wages.

If they don’t want to take the risk then that’s up to them, but they can afford it.

I don’t see what doesn’t make sense in the last sentence. If Henderson wanted £100k a week, we should have sold him instead of resigning at an inflated wage. He won’t be paid £100k at any other team apparently.

Smores

They are having laugh thinking that's too much. 30 million take it or leave it, no matter what anyone thinks he's a young English goalie of starting quality in the PL. If he is a priority for them and they have literally watched him develop for them over a few years, they should value him as such. United should absolutely be tough with them here.
You're missing the rather large context that we want rid of him and it seems he wants to go. If you want to offload a player unless there's competition for his signature the fee is going to be lower. This mythical fair valuation is irrelevant.

25 million would be a good deal for us given the circumstances.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
But if they sign MGW for £25 million and £50k a week, plus Lingard on £120k a week for last season, they clearly have the budget to spend another £25 million fee this season and £100k in wages.

If they don’t want to take the risk then that’s up to them, but they can afford it.

I don’t see what doesn’t make sense in the last sentence. If Henderson wanted £100k a week, we should have sold him instead of resigning at an inflated wage. He won’t be paid £100k at any other team apparently.
I don't understand how you've jumped to that conclusion in the first part of your post since it's completely different situations. You're still comparing a free signing on a one year deal with a player who will come in for 25m ish and on a 3 to 5 year deal.

It's also not a case of 'having the budget' or not to do one signing but managing their budget to do multiple pieces of business. They may well go and sign Henderson but trying to negotiate the transfer fee for their best interest to negate that wage that he will likely demand and also sign other players. With FFP teams have to make sure they are stringent with how they do business.

I misread but yeah, you should have sold him to SU initially.

I wouldn't be surprised if you did settle on a 25m fee but I also can see the standpoint of Forest wanting to negotiate and don't think what they paid for Lingard has any relevance to them being able to pay for Henderson.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
They'll make 25m, no way they don't. They paid Keylor Navas 100k a week. Dean's homegrown, proven at the club and in the league.

cyberman

30m to Forest or we sell him somewhere else.
He’s easily worth it. English premium and all that.
If we wanted to buy him from Forest what price would we be quoted?

Revan

Assumptionman
Every fecking small time club wants to lowball us. Cant wait for the club to fecking sold so we have new people in charge who know how to fecking sell our players.
A prerequisite to being able to get good money from our players sales, is to not put them in insane salaries, easily double what they could get anywhere else on Earth.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You're missing the rather large context that we want rid of him and it seems he wants to go. If you want to offload a player unless there's competition for his signature the fee is going to be lower. This mythical fair valuation is irrelevant.

25 million would be a good deal for us given the circumstances.
Of course it would and yeah you are right, but COME ON. How do we struggle so badly at selling players when other teams, who want rid of players, actively move them on for decent fees even if said player is on big wages? Yes context is of some importance but it still stands, he's a young English goalie of good value who they clearly want, so asking for a fee in that range is hardly an outrageous amount is it?

£25-30 million would be more than fair.

Dan_F

I don't understand how you've jumped to that conclusion in the first part of your post since it's completely different situations. You're still comparing a free signing on a one year deal with a player who will come in for 25m ish and on a 3 to 5 year deal.

It's also not a case of 'having the budget' or not to do one signing but managing their budget to do multiple pieces of business. They may well go and sign Henderson but trying to negotiate the transfer fee for their best interest to negate that wage that he will likely demand and also sign other players. With FFP teams have to make sure they are stringent with how they do business.

I misread but yeah, you should have sold him to SU initially.
I’m not directly comparing them, I’m saying that they definitely have the budget for the fee and wages, that’s all. Of course they’re trying to negotiate a better deal, who doesn’t want two players for the price of one.

If they have FFP issues, they’ll have to get Henderson to reduce his wages in line with playing for a smaller club.

Yakuza_devils

Look, we need to be sensible here. 25M is too much for Henderson. This guy is toxic. Forest already helped us to pay 1 year of his salary. I would say make it 20M and done with it. Win win situation.

We won't be getting much more than that why delay the envitable? We need to sell fast to have funds for transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.