DeAndre Yedlin

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
:nervous: There are so many things there that represent almost everything I hate about modern "style". The earings, the fake glasses, the shite haircut shaved around the sides but with tons on top. The extra lines shaved into the cut, fashion forward tuxedo, styled eyebrows. He's probably wearing high tops too. And makeup.

What is this style even called? It's about 10 levels beyond metrosexual.

I guarantee he has a pair of Hammer pants at home. They seem to be all the rage again.

I just saw the BET awards, so I'm a little more annoyed than usual.
I too get annoyed when I see black people getting awards

Red-Jeff

I think the sort of benefit you gain from playing against better competition is what transforms you into an elite player. He's a brilliant looking player and I have to say I've watched US football for nearly 2 decades now and I don't recall seeing a more impressive prospect. His pace & strength alone are not what really impress me as there are a great number of athletes in the US but his confidence, technique and decision making were outstanding - more so when you consider the circumstances of coming on as a sub in a WC knockout match

To say he's on the radar of European football clubs would be an understatement, even just after that one performance. I'm still a bit in shock over his performance, tbh - did not play like any American I've seen before
Well said.

Santos J

Off to Italy with Genoa apparently wanting Roma to buy him and then loan him to them.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I think the sort of benefit you gain from playing against better competition is what transforms you into an elite player. He's a brilliant looking player and I have to say I've watched US football for nearly 2 decades now and I don't recall seeing a more impressive prospect. His pace & strength alone are not what really impress me as there are a great number of athletes in the US but his confidence, technique and decision making were outstanding - more so when you consider the circumstances of coming on as a sub in a WC knockout match

To say he's on the radar of European football clubs would be an understatement, even just after that one performance. I'm still a bit in shock over his performance, tbh - did not play like any American I've seen before
There's a kid at the Barca academy that you may want to keep tabs on in the coming years. The odds are highly against him making the grade but the education will certainly see him flourish elsewhere unless he completely burns out/stalls on progress by age 20.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/08/s...us-child-soccer-star.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace

Red-Jeff

Playing in the US Open Cup right now and is just eating the Portland players alive. He's not going to be a Sounder for much longer, he's too good for this league and only 21. Happy for him but sad he'll be leaving :(

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Happy for the kid. Seems like no one in the world knew about him before he came on for the sub appearance. He'll learn a thing or two from Cashley.

Red-Jeff

Looks like the type of player that is going to continuously improve as the competition he faces grows more fierce and is better technically, doesn't strike me as the type that will shrink under the pressure of a big move. His confidence in this first game back from the WC has obviously been boosted. That's a good point about playing with Cole at Roma @Raoul, it will benefit him so much.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
:nervous: There are so many things there that represent almost everything I hate about modern "style". The earings, the fake glasses, the shite haircut shaved around the sides but with tons on top. The extra lines shaved into the cut, fashion forward tuxedo, styled eyebrows. He's probably wearing high tops too. And makeup.

What is this style even called? It's about 10 levels beyond metrosexual.

I guarantee he has a pair of Hammer pants at home. They seem to be all the rage again.

I just saw the BET awards, so I'm a little more annoyed than usual.
I agree that this style in general is about 26 kinds of shite, but for all we know, Yedlin actually needs glasses.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Maybe the striker is just proper slow?.

No doubt he is an athlete though, but no quicker than Walcott/Walker/Valencia etc.

tom porter

it will be interesting to see how he does at Tottenham. They have Walker, Dier, and Naughton right now so it might be tough for him to get minutes at first. Spurs being in the europa league may play to his advantage at first though.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
it will be interesting to see how he does at Tottenham. They have Walker, Dier, and Naughton right now so it might be tough for him to get minutes at first. Spurs being in the europa league may play to his advantage at first though.
What? Roma are reportedly signing him, where did Spurs come from?

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Good or not, what kind of a first name is that? Never heard it before.
I lived in US, Americans have a free for all approach for names.. Shaveequa, Romangelo and some weird stuff like that haha

sport2793

Maybe the striker is just proper slow?.

No doubt he is an athlete though, but no quicker than Walcott/Walker/Valencia etc.
It's subjective but I'll disagree with you on that having watched Yedlin quite a bit. His pace against Belgium and Portugal gave those teams all sorts of fits in a way that I have never seen the other players you mentioned do.

tom porter

It's subjective but I'll disagree with you on that having watched Yedlin quite a bit. His pace against Belgium and Portugal gave those teams all sorts of fits in a way that I have never seen the other players you mentioned do.
his pace will give teams at any level problems and combined with his stamina he could fit pochetino's pressing system well.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I lived in US, Americans have a free for all approach for names.. Shaveequa, Romangelo and some weird stuff like that haha
My personal favourite is Airwrecka. Took me a while to realise its just Erica but spelt different.

justboy68

Completely forgot about him, thought he was extremely impressive at the world cup. Be interesting to see if he has what it takes at prem level on a consistent basis. How do the Americans on here rate him?

Shaydee

My father was a teacher at a kind of inner city school in New Jersey. One year he had a student named Le-a. He pronounced it Lea, the student replied "the dash don't be silent." Her name was LeDASHa

Lyricist

My father was a teacher at a kind of inner city school in New Jersey. One year he had a student named Le-a. He pronounced it Lea, the student replied "the dash don't be silent." Her name was LeDASHa
no way hahahaha :lol::lol::lol:

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Walker is certainly no slouch either, Spurs have probably got two of the fastest full backs in the world.
With Walcott, Walker, Sterling, Moreno, Navas, and even Shaw the Premier League has some of the fastest wide players in the world.

Robbie Boy

Bet he'd lose in a foot race against Adam Gemili... he was a full back for Chelsea IIRC. He does look bloody rapid though.
Well yeah, except Gemili never made it as a pro and isn't a professional footballer.

Anyhow, Yedlin looks like he has pace to burn. I'm surprised Spurs loaned him out / didn't sign him in the summer. They aren't exactly stocked in that area.