Gaming Deathloop

JohnZSmith27

Looks the business. There's a wee discount if you get it from the PS store if you have PS Plus.

Bosws87

To be fair i thought this looked terribly dull and boring i may have to look at it properly. :lol:

I had written it off already!

AaronRedDevil

Feel like these reviews are paid off. Looks like it can get boring and repetitive.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Wasn’t expecting these reviews based on the trailers. I wish they’d let you trial a game before buying.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I've never liked the combat in Arkane games. They're just never satisfying. Can't put my finger on why, but they lack a little...heft, maybe. It's all very loose is the best way I can put it, and this game looks the same. I think I'll wait for a substantial price drop before I get it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Looks like one of those where you have to play with "style" to get the most from it and I can't be arsed with them, usually.

b82REZ

I've been lucky enough to get most 1st party games for free so I've held off ordering this incase I get a copy.

I can see MS being dicks though and not giving away codes.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I've never liked the combat in Arkane games. They're just never satisfying. Can't put my finger on why, but they lack a little...heft, maybe. It's all very loose is the best way I can put it, and this game looks the same. I think I'll wait for a substantial price drop before I get it.
Agreed. The freedom you get in sandbox games is great at first but to me it gets boring when you realise there's no need to think about what is and isn't a good way to play it. Having a quandary of choice is something Arkane like to do but I've found it's hard to stay motivated and finish their games.

They certainly make great looking games though.

Last edited:

Ainu

To be fair i thought this looked terribly dull and boring i may have to look at it properly. :lol:

I had written it off already!
Exact same feeling here. There's nothing in any of the footage I've seen of it that looks even remotely interesting. I'm still skeptical about these scores but I guess they can't all be wrong.

JohnZSmith27

Exact same feeling here. There's nothing in any of the footage I've seen of it that looks even remotely interesting. I'm still skeptical about these scores but I guess they can't all be wrong.
There's a bunch of people who got it early who are reporting their experience on Reddit. Seems generally positive also. I've bought it now so it better be feckin good.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Surprised by those in this thread with this view. This is really the first proper PS5 game.
I mean, sure. But it's not looked like one of those games capable of 9.5 or 10/10 reviews. But either way, tis a good thing for us gamers (once we get a hold of a PS5 in 2027).

Irwin99

ACG is much less impressed by it than reviewers and he's usually pretty spot on.

Don't think this would be my thing at all but for a PS5 game it does look a bit unimpressive graphically. Maybe i'm being too harsh.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The good old days of companies releasing demos. I miss those days.
Absolutely! I remember PS1/PS2 days with the monthly magazine coming with a bunch of demos ahead of a game’s release. Even PS3 had a few demos on the store.

They should allow every game to be trialled for 1-2 hours & then require a purchase to unlock. There’s a few games I’d like to play but am never going to pay full price for.

Siorac

Absolutely! I remember PS1/PS2 days with the monthly magazine coming with a bunch of demos ahead of a game’s release. Even PS3 had a few demos on the store.

They should allow every game to be trialled for 1-2 hours & then require a purchase to unlock. There’s a few games I’d like to play but am never going to pay full price for.
You can sort of do that on Steam: buy the game and if you played it less than 2 hours, you can automatically get refunded.

Ainu

Don't think this would be my thing at all but for a PS5 game it does look a bit unimpressive graphically. Maybe i'm being too harsh.
I certainly don't think you're being harsh. If someone told me it was a PS4 game, I wouldn't be particularly impressed.

Siorac

They're better at stealth than straight-up combat, that's for sure.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I would get this but I’m just waiting for the new battlefield which I know I’ll put ALOT of time into so I’ll just wait until it comes down in price.

Jagga7

Same group which made the Dishonoured games, they were fantastic.

I will definitely give this game a go.

Riz

There’s nothing that excites me from watching the reviews/gameplay. I dunno it looks kind of.. basic and flat.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm confused. The guy straight up says that having a black guy on the cover makes him concerned that it's purely for SJW pushing, and then says people add black characters all the time for that exact same reason to games. Then when people call him out his fellow trolls jump in with "hurr hurr libs always turn reasonable debate into raysist Iol", and talking down to everyone in a hollow attempt to rile them up, before swirling their cognac beside the fireplace thinking they're the next Thomas Aquinas...The fecking contrarian feckwits.

What I'm confused about is how many people actually bite at these feckers. It feels like lockdown has released the inner shithead in a lot of folk online.

Chairman Steve

I await the user reviews on this one. You’d be foolish to not think the gaming industry doesn’t involve some backhanders to the right people who’ll give something a better review than it really deserves.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I've been lucky enough to get most 1st party games for free so I've held off ordering this incase I get a copy.

I can see MS being dicks though and not giving away codes.
You should probably start buying some games mate

Alock1

These reviews seem to have come out of nowhere.
It's made by a studio with fantastic pedigree so shouldn't be that surprising. The previews were all really positive too. Was a huge shame that so many people wrote the game off early.

Really hope the reviews and that Sony are positioning it as their holiday release with big marketing budget can give it attention it clearly deserves. The style and graphics don't grab like other games, and the concept isn't easy to convey in a trailer.

It's great to see something actually original come out this year that has real ambition and actually deliver on it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's made by a studio with fantastic pedigree so shouldn't be that surprising. The previews were all really positive too. Was a huge shame that so many people wrote the game off early.

Really hope the reviews and that Sony are positioning it as their holiday release with big marketing budget can give it attention it clearly deserves. The style and graphics don't grab like other games, and the concept isn't easy to convey in a trailer.

It's great to see something actually original come out this year that has real ambition and actually deliver on it.
They've made some good games but I wouldn't say Prey or Dishonored were particularly special games. Good on them though for seemingly going up a few notches with this one.

Alock1

They've made some good games but I wouldn't say Prey or Dishonored were particularly special games. Good on them though for seemingly going up a few notches with this one.
I would.

Cynical me would say this is getting the 10s that those didn't because it's Playstation's big holiday game.

Though I think both Dishonoured 1 & 2 got similar scores. 88-90ish.

Alock1

There’s nothing that excites me from watching the reviews/gameplay. I dunno it looks kind of.. basic and flat.
It's a sandbox but with a time loop mechanic, where every run will arm you with new info for the next run and seemingly result in very little repetitio (which for a time loop is really impressive)

I think it's hard to get that concept across but it's clearly very ambitious. They could have easily gone Hitman route and just had 8 good sandbox levels. To have them all interconnect in any order you like with the order and time you take them having an impact? Definitely not basic.

In terms of the gameplay feeling flat I think that's just a combination of sandbox element with the art style and design choices. Gunplay could definitely look more robust.

Bosws87

Apparently if you blitz through the story and ignore side stuff (which is very me) it can be finished in around 4/5 hours.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
This game is so overhyped it’s ridiculous.

I’ve just had a long blast of it at my mates house and it’s nothing amazing, certainly not at the full price. So glad I didn’t buy into the hype I almost did, I’ve honestly no idea why it’s got 10/10 and whatnot.