Debutants

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
So everyone who doesn't agree with you is a wind-up? Please shut the feck up you arrogant prick. And the bolded, based on exactly what? It's very debatable that they didn't do anything, they really didn't get many chances to do that. One start here and there. Gomes for example barely played ANYTHING and especially not in his preferred position. I can't see how it would harm Gomes to play and what good did it do to play Pereira? Did we gain anything? Elanga is ready to tear up a League One side but he isn't ready to play a few minutes against a reserve Championship side? Right. Add to the fact that he would play with experienced senior players. And the argument is still not that Elanga should play 30+ games.
Pereira was actually decent when he was being played at #10 or right wing last season. Not great of course, but he was comfortably outperforming Lingard and Mata in those roles at the time. It was noticeable that we looked better to the eye and were getting significantly better results with him than the other two. From memory we were averaging 2 points per game when he played in those roles compared to 1 point per game when he either didn't play or was in a deeper central midfield role. Obviously it was only over half a season so it was a fairly small sample size, but it was enough to be noticed.

Pereira's dreadful performances at central midfield seem to make people forget his better performances earlier in the season. He obviously isn't good enough, but I think some of the criticism he gets is unfair. I'll remember him fondly for those few months.

I do agree though that we should have tried to give Gomes a few more starts. He only got two starts in a central position last season and he was arguably our best player in both. The rest of his games he was played on the left which he doesn't really have the attributes for, and even if he had done well he obviously wouldn't get games ahead of Rashford. With Mata and Lingard both in the worst form of their careers I would have liked to have seen Gomes get a couple more opportunities. Otherwise though, I don't really have any issues with the treatment of youth players under Ole. He's done well and players have got chances when they should.

davidmichael

Henderson debuted this season if we’re talking players coming through our academy ? Then there’s Cavani, VDB and Telles if we’re talking in general as they were summer signings and Diallo has just joined too.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Diallo and Pallestri are two that could have their debuts this season.

Unfortunately we've run out of lower league opposition this season so they might only get cameos. Not sure how Ole rates Diallo but I can't see him starting match unless there's an injury crisis.