Decades Draft Tournament : antohan vs Cutch

Who will win based on all the players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I guess I'll move on to the WW thread as I have an enitre day to catch on or else I'll get whacked there too.

I'll stop saying what exactly people are doing since Cutch changes his tune subject to the issue at hand. Handy that.

Some things are blindingly obvious:
  • I'm pretty much defending with 7 against 5
  • That means at any one point I have 2 spare men, largely the second CB (as is common) and one out of Junior/Facchetti. It should be Facchetti tucked in on Kalle and Junior spare to provide support and protection were needed. It really depends on whether Breitner is effectively playing LB, on Schuster, on Zanetti or in goal. feck knows. I find it funny he is playing everywhere except where I think he should.
  • Rivera has Schuster on him and his passing is trying to play on three chaps under heavy marking in congested space
  • Kalle, who I rate very highly, is completely neutralised by Facchetti on him and squeezed/cut off by Junior and Desailly around him.
  • Messi dropping deep has Junior on him and going into the box Hierro and Desailly on him.
  • Iniesta has basically turned into Maradona according to some on here. He is essentially skinning Zanetti, who is more often than not also counting with Lucho's support as Maldini is in fact unlikely to venture forward. Garrincha can't beat Maldini but apparently Iniesta can beat those two for fun. Go figure.
  • Joya, with Facchetti overlapping, is absolutely murdering Suurbier. People really have bugger all idea how average he was, clearly. Classic case of "I don't know the fullback so unless he is facing Ronaldo/Rivaldo/Ronnie/Best -and maybe one or two more- I'll assume he is fine". He isn't. He's getting raped.
  • Eusebio is running riot through the middle, even when Cutch seems to simultaneously plays a high line with no space between the lines, has Ayala covering the runner, and Eusebio always ruled offside. It's a joke, he completely destroyed you running from deep and would fill his boots with space between lines or balls over the top of a high line. Whichever of the two Cutch is playing, he is scoring.
  • Garrincha's fortunes will be largely decided by who is actually supposed to be marking him and how high the defensive line is or not. In some scenarios he will be more devastating than others, in none he can be considered to be kept quiet. Mané blew the oppo out of the water scoring and assisting in two consecutive World Cup finals FFS, Messi never got there and Iniesta managed to score in one, only once the game was extended to 120 minutes.
I easily have at least a goal in Eusebio from midfield, a goal or assist in Garrincha, a goal or assist from Joya and Facchetti constantly breaking through down the left and very likely a set piece to boot, be it direct free kick or through aerial dominance from a corner/fk.

I can't for the life of me see him scoring more than two at a push and can't see myself scoring less than three, particularly when Cutch has been all over the shop in the first half.

Good night.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
feck that. Can't be arshed with this if that's the way Anto's goin to post when a man goes to bed. Such a load of nonsense that last page reads. Answered every question he threw at me yesterday over and over again til I was blue in the face and couldn't have been any clearer about it. When I'm away he's gone and twisted basically every word I've said throughout. Read it for yourself guys, its all there. feck he would suck the life out of you.

antohan

Brought about by your horrendous teamsheet explaining how all bases were covered in the event of a counter yet everyone was orderly standing in the default positions.

Simple:
  1. High line or no high line. Is Ayala up there too or covering behind them as a last resort? People seem confused about it.
  2. Is Maldini attacking or not? You've flip-flopped on that a fair bit making it out he is doing both that, while also always on Garrincha and available to defend headers inside the box.
  3. What is Breitner actually meant to be doing? No one has a clue, you placed him on Zanetti, on Schuster and covering Maldini in different posts.
  4. Is Silva tight on Eusebio or in some notional intermediate place where he can both try get to Eusebio and also try to protect your right flank?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Balu, you may be right that Ayala should also be high up. I guess I misread the covering defender bit (Argentina did that a lot though because Ayala simply doesn't have the pace for a high line, he was usually the "defensa escalonado", i.e. the one further back to cover the more advanced CB is beaten).

All the better if Ayala is also high up. I'll murder that backline via ball over the top, or is Harry Gregg also a modern sweeper keeper?
That's actually the sole reason why I haven't voted for Cutch, yet. Playing a high line with pressing changes the role of the goalkeeper massively. Usually I don't focus a lot on the goalkeeper, but in this case it might be a big problem. The goalkeeper really needs to come out and sweep a lot to make that high line work.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I'm unclear on Anto's formation - is it 2-5-3 or 4-3-3? The graphic shows one thing and the spiel says another.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think if I'd just looked at the OP I'd probably have gone for antohan. Cutch has the better team but antohan's got the side well set up and has some areas to exploit at either end. As it is I'm just going to abstain from voting because I'm not fond of how the game's progressed.

This is tedious, painful and unnecessary from my perspective. The most enjoyable game I've had in any of the drafts was that nationality (?) one v Cutch simply because it was mainly a chat about the players on show, how they'd blend together and how it'd be a great game. Plus the standard bit of piss-taking of some no-mark Chilean bloke in the side. Both managers have to point out areas they'd exploit, obviously, but that's easily done amicably. Cutch is one of the best for that in these games yet here he's resorting to defending himself at every stage.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
I voted based on the OP too, read very little of the rest of the managers comments.

Sorry Cutch, your team is great, and I actually hope you still win because I'd prefer to see how your team progresses in terms of reinforcements, but Anto's team here seems well drilled in what they need to do and how to do it. Drawing the fixtures before the picks was of much use to him I reckon. Fachetti was a great addition and provides such an extra dimension targeting your weakest area (right back position) which I saw as the clearest route to goal, and the other side is Garrincha! Stoichkov might've been a better fit in your team for this particular game.

Can't wait to see the next reinforcements round..

antohan

I'm unclear on Anto's formation - is it 2-5-3 or 4-3-3? The graphic shows one thing and the spiel says another.
I would say it is a 4-3-3 as in a defensive phase that's very much the shape. I pushed the wingbacks up so that people stopped, looked and maybe bothered go find out why it looks a bit weird. If I didn't some would simply scan and ignore Facchetti's attacking role and blast Luis Enrique as an out of depth fullback against Stoichkov (who I can't believe didn't start).

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I really think you should limit the posts every manager is allowed to make about the game itself, so that these crazy discussions can't happen. Something like, every manager is allowed to make one big tactical post at halftime, 2 small ones in which flaws in the other team are pointed out in each half and as much as anyone like about the players - telling stories, talk about great games, posting videos. That way the games would get a more positive tone and someone who can't be online all day woulnd't have as big a disadvantage. The negative posts would be limited to 5 posts overall and everyone could just remember the brilliant games these all time greats took part in in the past. Gaining knowledge about football is what I loved about the draft games, right now it seems like it's mostly about winning, which leads to absurd comments about brilliant players. Just a suggestion that would make me consider taking part in one of these in the future, feel free to ignore, if you like how it's now.

antohan

I think if I'd just looked at the OP I'd probably have gone for antohan. Cutch has the better team but antohan's got the side well set up and has some areas to exploit at either end. As it is I'm just going to abstain from voting because I'm not fond of how the game's progressed.

This is tedious, painful and unnecessary from my perspective. The most enjoyable game I've had in any of the drafts was that nationality (?) one v Cutch simply because it was mainly a chat about the players on show, how they'd blend together and how it'd be a great game. Plus the standard bit of piss-taking of some no-mark Chilean bloke in the side. Both managers have to point out areas they'd exploit, obviously, but that's easily done amicably. Cutch is one of the best for that in these games yet here he's resorting to defending himself at every stage.
I do agree the second half of your game with Aldo was more enjoyable, largely because you both dropped the dirt-slinging act and were quite clear on what your team was and wasn't doing. If one side isn't clear and coasting they are bound to get questioned. I didn't have a major issue with Cutch except when he seemed to consistently be ignoring some of my points to his convenience.

What did piss me off yesterday was that he posted a complete nonsense picture of how it would look like when I was on the counter and I produced the much fairer one based on what I understood from him so far. He exited the thread and thereafter it was just a procession of people picking holes into the one I posted and how illogical some of it was, often questioning me for things which ultimately were for Cutch to clarify and he never had.

It is grating that. I was partly annoyed with him for the lack of clarity provided and at Aldo for banging on and on about a vision of Cutch's team inconsistent with much of what Cutch said, and no Cutch around to clarify it.

As it stands, I don't give two fecks either any more. Apparently this has turned into a popularity contest draft, both for names on sheets and individual styles. I like Cutch as well, but clearly I have gone into great lengths preparing a side and the least I demand is that the discussion results in clarity on what is going on in this fantasy game. But no, he plays the victim card and shuts the door behind him knowing he will coast to a win as it is.

I don't think I've been unfair on any of his players to be honest and I haven't made any of them look a different player from what they were, like you clearly have with some of your rivals, so that's a bit rich really.

Cutch

*Sigh* Now i should have dropped Maldini or Mauro Silva, the 2 with the most important roles in my team to play Stoitchkov when I've got Andres Iniesta there.

Me playing the victim lol. How exactly. Read his posts from last night after I went to bed to see who was acting the victim. Pathetic stuff

antohan

I really think you should limit the posts every manager is allowed to make about the game itself, so that these crazy discussions can't happen. Something like, every manager is allowed to make one big tactical post at halftime, 2 small ones in which flaws in the other team are pointed out in each half and as much as anyone like about the players - telling stories, talk about great games, posting videos. That way the games would get a more positive tone and someone who can't be online all day woulnd't have as big a disadvantage. The negative posts would be limited to 5 posts overall and everyone could just remember the brilliant games these all time greats took part in in the past. Gaining knowledge about football is what I loved about the draft games, right now it seems like it's mostly about winning, which leads to absurd comments about brilliant players. Just a suggestion that would make me consider taking part in one of these in the future, feel free to ignore, if you like how it's now.
Balu, we played the game on Saturday because Cutch wanted the time to be around. It was a complete bitch for me as that's what quality time I have with my wife but I thought it was fair. I had a major argument yesterday (see first page when I said I would catch a break) because she insisted it was a prime day to try for babies and I was talking with my lovers on Redcafe. I took that break and all I could think was that I should have made X, Y, Z clearer before doing that. It was probably the worst sex I ever had.

I'm not saying he wasn't around, but he was very confusing and buggered off leaving questions unanswered. His OP simply doesn't give any info of any use while I could leave the game and what I'm supposed to be doing would hopefully be crystal clear without anyone inventing roles like Schuster battling Breitner. I don't think your suggestion is realistic and would probably result in very dull games unfortunately. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Some people should know better and stay retired.

antohan

*Sigh* Now i should have dropped Maldini or Mauro Silva, the 2 with the most important roles in my team to play Stoitchkov when I've got Andres Iniesta there.

Me playing the victim lol. How exactly. Read his posts from last night after I went to bed to see who was acting the victim. Pathetic stuff
Stoichkov on left, Iniesta central, swap Silva for Voronin as either will be equally stranded. Rivera leaves as he is pretty pointless in this game. To think I thought Zanetti was my only hope to stop Iniesta-Stoichkov in that space, only to find Iniesta is supposed to be able to do it all single-handedly...

Breitner should be on the right going box-to-box, exploiting the understanding with Kalle and protecting the weaker flank from Facchetti. It breaks my heart how badly you have used Breitner.

Two obvious improvements.

*Sigh*

Brwned

That's the best suggestion I've seen in these drafts. Definitely think the player discussion has took a turn for the worse in this tournament.

Cutch

Aye Voronin on, that would have gone well alright. You'd have slaughtered that the same way as you have everything else.

Breitner has the freedom of the park. You have absolutely no plan in place in this game to deal with him. How that's me using him badly I've no idea.

Cutch

Balu, we played the game on Saturday because Cutch wanted the time to be around. It was a complete bitch for me as that's what quality time I have with my wife but I thought it was fair. I had a major argument yesterday (see first page when I said I would catch a break) because she insisted it was a prime day to try for babies and I was talking with my lovers on Redcafe. I took that break and all I could think was that I should have made X, Y, Z clearer before doing that. It was probably the worst sex I ever had.

I'm not saying he wasn't around, but he was very confusing and buggered off leaving questions unanswered. His OP simply doesn't give any info of any use while I could leave the game and what I'm supposed to be doing would hopefully be crystal clear without anyone inventing roles like Schuster battling Breitner. I don't think your suggestion is realistic and would probably result in very dull games unfortunately. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Some people should know better and stay retired.
Utter bollocks also. I asked for a weekend game, that was all. You said you couldn't be around until 5pm on sat, I said that was fine. I was on from 5-12 yday wasting a Saturday evening answerin everyone of your questions repeatedly going round and round in circles before going to bed. 'Buggered off' :lol: Mental

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich

Wasn't really pointed at you, more a general observation and then a reaction to Brwned's post. I don't mind if someone disagrees, and at one point all stories are told and there's not really a lot to talk about, so it might become dull. Who knows. I just think it's weird that managers try to convince each other which rarely works instead of trying to win votes from neutrals.

antohan

Utter bollocks also. I asked for a weekend game, that was all. You said you couldn't be around until 5pm on sat, I said that was fine. I was on from 5-12 yday wasting a Saturday evening answerin everyone of your questions repeatedly going round and round in circles before going to bed. 'Buggered off' :lol: Mental
I mentioned somewhere in there you where here quite a bit but my issue was you hadn't been sufficiently clear and then people were questioning me for things that only you could really clarify, which was frustrating. You are just not getting the picture, as you've done throughout the thread.

antohan

Wasn't really pointed at you, more a general observation and then a reaction to Brwned's post. I don't mind if someone disagrees, and at one point all stories are told and there's not really a lot to talk about, so it might become dull. Who knows. I just think it's weird that managers try to convince each other which rarely works instead of trying to win votes from neutrals.
Go watch the mighty Stob vs. kps thread.

That was fun.

I'm all for going on about the players but that really happens on the draft thread, on here you get the likes of Sívori lambasted by the very same person now saying this has taken a nasty turn.

I don't think I've done that really. Look at Cutch ignoring my point on Breitner and being all wishy washy about what he does again. Don't you agree he would be best utilised going box-to-box on the right CM role? He is right behind Kalle, can have a pop at goal and has the engine to support Suurbier against Facchetti.

Cutch rubbishes my points even when they are telling him how best to play this. What constructive exchange can I have then? :rolleyes:

Cutch

Anto has twisted pretty much every word i've said while i was away, so to clarify to anyone that has only read the last couple of pages:

Antohan's side is defending deep in this game, inviting the pressure onto him and hoping for a breakaway counterattack. Messi, Iniesta, Rivera and Rummenigge commit and beat players and pull players out of position. They will probe and probe and probe and they will create openings.

When defending, i have never said they will play a suicidal high line. I have also never said that Maldini will spend his whole game in the opposition half. Anto has went on and on about Facchetti attacking and had assumed for whatever reason that his opposite number wouldn't be at all. That was the only reason i brought this up. Anto has jumped on this statement for whatever reason and thinks this will now result in him tearing me apart. I mentioned that Breitner would likely be sitting back if Maldini went forward. Anto seems to have also jumped on this statement as if i havn't a clue how to use him, but this scenario wouldn't be set in stone. This is dependent on other factors, how many attackers Anto has up the pitch, how many i have back, how high we are up the pitch etc. Common sense basically.

Anto has questioned Mauro Silva's role. Says he can't be the first line of defence when Eusebio drops deep, and can't deal with the overlapping Facchetti. Seeings as these 2 things are not going to happen at the same time i disagreed. I've basically went round and round in circles explaining this all evening. Bearing in mind that Silva is the first line, that leaves Nesta and Ayala to cover. I consider it a very effective plan to deal with Anto's 3 main threats.

The voter should also take account Antohans plan throughout with my significant attacking threat. Can Zanetti and Junior cut out the balls to the inside channel to Iniesta and Rummenigge? Can Hierro and Desailly deal with as slippery a customer as Messi? Can Maldini take advantage of Garrincha's reluctance to track on his few rampages forward? Can Rivera, Messi, Iniesta and Rummenigge commit enough men, create enough space, to form the openings required to win this game?

I think i've an effectivee plan inplace at the back, and have the attacking resources to do notable damage at the other end. I'm not going to lecture anybody, or tear Antohans side to pieces. You's are smart enough to make up your own mind on how this game will be won or lost. Antohan's side has a lot to like about it, but i am convinced mine has more to offer.

antohan

I don't have an issue with your suggestion Balu, just think it wouldn't work. Either way, it's irrelevant to me at this point, going back to retirement where I should have stayed.

Off to Werewolf.

Cutch

Go watch the mighty Stob vs. kps thread.

That was fun.

I'm all for going on about the players but that really happens on the draft thread, on here you get the likes of Sívori lambasted by the very same person now saying this has taken a nasty turn.

I don't think I've done that really. Look at Cutch ignoring my point on Breitner and being all wishy washy about what he does again. Don't you agree he would be best utilised going box-to-box on the right CM role? He is right behind Kalle, can have a pop at goal and has the engine to support Suurbier against Facchetti.

Cutch rubbishes my points even when they are telling him how best to play this. What constructive exchange can I have then? :rolleyes:
I had assumed that Schuster and Breitner would be going toe to toe in this game, as well that would be the sensible thing surely. You have clarified that Schuster will be on Rivera, which as far as i'm concerned unless you've covered it elsewhere means you've given Breitner the freedom of the park. I havn't had to clarify anything on Breitner as you've left it very easy for me. It should be yourself clarifying how the hell you're going to stop him from running this game.

Brwned

As it stands, I don't give two fecks either any more. Apparently this has turned into a popularity contest draft, both for names on sheets and individual styles. I like Cutch as well, but clearly I have gone into great lengths preparing a side and the least I demand is that the discussion results in clarity on what is going on in this fantasy game. But no, he plays the victim card and shuts the door behind him knowing he will coast to a win as it is.

I don't think I've been unfair on any of his players to be honest and I haven't made any of them look a different player from what they were, like you clearly have with some of your rivals, so that's a bit rich really.

That to me is the point. I don't think we're entitled to demand anything from the opposition, to be honest. Where's the fun in debating with someone who's demanding something of you at every stage and who's taking every opportunity to take cheap shots every time they don't fulfil these demands.

I don't see how it's rich at all. I couldn't understand what you lot were talking about when you were saying I annihilated EDogen or whatever it was. In my view it only makes sense for those who came in with the view that EDogen's team was so good it couldn't possibly lose - which I never understood - as otherwise it didn't really fit in with the flow of the thread.

I made 7 posts in the thread for christ's sake, two or three of them highlighted an obvious weakness in a setup that everyone would've picked up on - I just elaborated on the issue - two or three were just prodding EDogen about a couple of the players that no-one really knew much about and the other couple were just replying to others. I never once said Sívori was a bad player or anything of the sort, for example, I just thought it was a fair point that if he didn't know anything about the player besides awards and personal eulogies - as it seems he didn't - then it's fair to say we have no idea whether he's being used properly. I don't demand people know the players they're using, I'll just point out that they might not be as good as their awards and eulogies suggest if they're not being used properly.

antohan

I can't be arsed Cutch. Really can't.

I tell you I thought you would be better with Stoichkov (not an outrageous idea, is it?) and that Breitner should be your box-to-box on the right and you react like I'm trying to rubbish your players.

It's fact, that was your best team IMO.

You have been in defensive mode throughout, now outraged vicitim mode and everyone fails to see we have been as bad as each other. The difference is I very clearly layed out my gameplan and what everyone is doing from the off. How can I not go about digging if you simply never explained what you were supposed to be doing?

Anyway, really, out.

VP

voted for cutch and only looked at the first post.

Cutch

Brought about by your horrendous teamsheet explaining how all bases were covered in the event of a counter yet everyone was orderly standing in the default positions.

Simple:
  1. High line or no high line. Is Ayala up there too or covering behind them as a last resort? People seem confused about it.
  2. Is Maldini attacking or not? You've flip-flopped on that a fair bit making it out he is doing both that, while also always on Garrincha and available to defend headers inside the box.
  3. What is Breitner actually meant to be doing? No one has a clue, you placed him on Zanetti, on Schuster and covering Maldini in different posts.
  4. Is Silva tight on Eusebio or in some notional intermediate place where he can both try get to Eusebio and also try to protect your right flank?
Teamsheet was a simple illustration to show the players default starting positions. It isn't assuming i'm attacking or that you're attacking. It was a shit still image to show where players were lining up so voters could see things a bit clearer and make their own minds on how things would pan out.

1. Ayala is covering Nesta. No different to any centrehalf pairing covering a lone frontman. Nesta is the better match for Eusebio, Ayala can read the game. Not sure where this confusion has arisen from, really really basic stuff.
2. I said he is likely to attack in this game. If he gets the space to do so then yes, why wouldn't he. It might be once or twice, three of four times, ten times, none at all. One thing for sure is he'll not be well up the pitch if there isn't an appropriate plan in place at the back to cover. Why should we assume Facchetti is having all the fun.
3. You tell me. You've got no-one marking him, i was being kind assuming you'd some sort of plan in place.
4. Ah feck, i'm not explaining that shit again. If you still don't understand then we better leave it.

antohan

I don't demand people know the players they're using, I'll just point out that they might not be as good as their awards and eulogies suggest if they're not being used properly.
That's fair enough, it didn't come across that way (it did with Roma yesterday though). You said "no one seems to know about", which was a fair pop. Different from saying it about Joya and saying you are all at my mercy having to believe whatever I say. What else can I do? I explained him in detail, posted stories, even clips from old games... It's far too easy and common to rubbish the unknown on here and that's why it has turned pointless to marvel about players on the gamethreads.

It's exactly the vibe I get from Cutch with Breitner, he truly hasn't the first clue how best to use him. Do you not agree my suggestion is how Paul Breitner would be best deployed here? You don't need him to cover Maldini but Suurbier, going box2box with Facchetti, and right up Kalle's channel to truly exploit that partnership.

No, he is "running this game".

Cutch

I can't be arsed Cutch. Really can't.

I tell you I thought you would be better with Stoichkov (not an outrageous idea, is it?) and that Breitner should be your box-to-box on the right and you react like I'm trying to rubbish your players.

It's fact, that was your best team IMO.

You have been in defensive mode throughout, now outraged vicitim mode and everyone fails to see we have been as bad as each other. The difference is I very clearly layed out my gameplan and what everyone is doing from the off. How can I not go about digging if you simply never explained what you were supposed to be doing?

Anyway, really, out.
You're attitude throughout has been that i havn't a clue what i'm talking about. It seemed like you were then having another pop, suggesting i had picked the wrong team when it was clearly the best 11 to do the job. I'm not in an outraged victim mode, just a lost the will to live mode. I think it was NM that said you just wear an opponent down just through sheer volume of posts, and i would tend to agree. You're not a bad lad, you're actually a very good one, but those posts i woke up to this morning were a complete joke. As if i had clarified nothing to you yesterday and then just fecked off, after spending the whole evening explaining things that were so obvious.

Cutch

It's exactly the vibe I get from Cutch with Breitner, he truly hasn't the first clue how best to use him. Do you not agree my suggestion is how Paul Breitner would be best deployed here? You don't need him to cover Maldini but Suurbier, going box2box with Facchetti, and right up Kalle's channel to truly exploit that partnership.

No, he is "running this game".

I'd like to get him in tandem on the right with Rummenigge but it wasn't feasible for this particular game imo. I deemed Mauro Silva to be much better at dealing with this risk down your left. Breitner isn't spending his game covering Paulo Maldini, he's at the heart of the midfield battle seemingly by himself.

antohan

Cutch, what is this heart of midfield battle stuff? I mentioned on the very first page there isn't one. Either you are attacking me and I'm soaking or I recover and bypass any "midfield battle" getting the ball out to my forwards or fullbacks to storm up the pitch.

If Breitner is standing around the centre circle he is not in the heart of jack but seeing the game pass him by. I don't need a man on him there.

Cutch

For those that only read the OP, apologies for not giving more information but i had to wait to see how Antohan had lined up first. My best 11 picked itself but i wasn't sure how Antohan would try to lineup to cope with my attacking threat. Just aswell as nothing i would have predicted prior would have actually materialised.

It was also in my head that not everyone actually reads all of the OP. Was thinking quality rather than quantity.

Cutch

Cutch, what is this heart of midfield battle stuff? I mentioned on the very first page there isn't one. Either you are attacking me and I'm soaking or I recover and bypass any "midfield battle" getting the ball out to my forwards or fullbacks to storm up the pitch.

If Breitner is standing around the centre circle he is not in the heart of jack but seeing the game pass him by. I don't need a man on him there.

As you say it turns out there isn't one which makes his job a whole lot easier. He should relish the space afforded to him, as you're plans seem solely with stopping my front 4.

Cutch

I'm far too late to be posting videos in this thread but this is the sort of stuff i'll be expecting from my 2 little wizards. You can have all the plans in the world to deal with it, but that sort of movement and skill, and getting shots away out of nothing, you can't stop sort of shit.

antohan

While i probably won't have got the best out of these 2 together in this game, hopefully they'll get a chance to link up again in closer attendance.
Outrageous from you. That was actually what I most liked in your side from the off.

And you are still saying no one is picking him up when I said Junior is spare to weigh in where they may be an emerging threat (which was bound to be Breitner on that side but Junior won't go out to the centre circle to deal with him, clearly he will be picked up subject to where he decides to go which I bet my left nut would be charge down the right if you have given him a free role).

Cutch

Outrageous from you. That was actually what I most liked in your side from the off.

And you are still saying no one is picking him up when I said Junior is spare to weigh in where they may be an emerging threat (which was bound to be Breitner on that side but Junior won't go out to the centre circle to deal with him, clearly he will be picked up subject to where he decides to go which I bet my left nut would be charge down the right if you have given him a free role).

:nervous: I hold my hands up if i've made a mistake but i did think Silva was a better bet on that side. I thought it would restrict Breitner too much if i had tasked him with sort of role, and i thought thats something you would have picked up on. If it wasn't Facchetti at fullback, and if rightback wasn't arguably my weakest position he would be on that side no doubt.