g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

Is he really a Pep type technical midfielder? Rodri's place in the team is set he's not being displaced, and Rice doesn't really display the qualities to fill Gundogan's role. They have enough centre backs already if it was some CB/CM hybrid role that they had planned for him.
Rice makes no sense for Pep.

JB7

Gvardiol, Rice and Kovacic after winning the treble. Below is what we did after winning the treble.

Obviously the general point is fair but Taibi was £4.5m, no idea why they’d say he was free.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We are not getting Rice, Caicedo, Mount or Rabiot.
And we will overpay for an unexpected target.
It's not an outlandish prediction.
I think wel only get Mount from that list, pretty confident on that.

Mainoldo

Bloody PLC..
We‘ve always been a pain in the arse. Even things out of our control like Van Nistelrooy’s knee injury. Remember seeing him in the stands against Chelsea to breakdown not long after the club called the deal off.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I hope you're aware that we bought a mostly defensive CM from a relegated Nottingham Forest for a then-record £3 million. That Irish midfielder went on to be a more than worthy successor to the most inspirational midfielder we had until then.
And Blackburn - also a top team back then - almost signed him for an even higher fee, just the signatures were missing and then we got involved and signed him immediately :drool:
Not too different from the current Rice situation.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Spent most of a walking holiday in Scotland boring my parents to tears complaining about Bosnich being our replacement for Schmeichel.

They kinda deserved it, to be fair, taking a 9 year old on a walking holiday in Scotland...

marktan

I feel like City don't really want him but are just raising the price for Arsenal.

Like they did with Ronaldo and making us move for him. I believe they also bid for Fred and Maguire?

It's 99% likelihood he goes to Arsenal but City will tag along to increase the price to £100m+

Levi1

City are obviously not using their own money. They could buy Mbappe if they wanted him

croadyman

I remain convinced once the price is set we will bid with players.
Be surprised if they entertain a 2 for 1 player deal,think McTominay plus cash is only possibility but certain it's between only Arsenal and City

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Surprised we have bid, usually suggests that we are fairly confident… I don’t buy into the fact we would bid just to raise the price because I don’t think we would collude with West Ham like that… the bid was £80m + £10m achievable add-ons. That’s a very respectable offer.

croadyman

Surprised we have bid, usually suggests that we are fairly confident… I don’t buy into the fact we would bid just to raise the price because I don’t think we would collude with West Ham like that… the bid was £80m + £10m achievable add-ons. That’s a very respectable offer.
Yeah Arsenal can't compete with you

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I feel like City don't really want him but are just raising the price for Arsenal.

Like they did with Ronaldo and making us move for him. I believe they also bid for Fred and Maguire?

It's 99% likelihood he goes to Arsenal but City will tag along to increase the price to £100m+
That is if we believe all these twitters are true.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Shame we're skint. We should be in for him.
I wouldn’t rule it out even if the chances are slim.

Considering Brighton Would want 85 million approximately or more for Caceido - the chances of a swap deal plus money including Maguire and or Mctominay to West Ham is more likely considering none of those players would be wanted at Brighton.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Ecuadorian players are way too expensive after 1 single season.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

Hardly surprising when the transfer can be effectively written off with 1-2 fake sponsorships and half his salary paid in UAE consultancy work. Monopoly money at this point.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If he goes city it’s a joke. They’ll win the quadruple next year.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea paying 107m quid for Fernandez has reset the expectations of selling clubs. Unfortunately for West Ham, not every club has a Boehly.
West Ham have consistently said Rice’s price is over £100M. It’s come down a bit actually from previous years where their asking price was as high as £150M. As long as Rice kept his performance levels up, which he has, he was always going for £100M or more. If anything Rice’s valuation is impacting Caicedo’s valuation.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
More than happy to sit this one out and let one of Arsenal or City pay that kind of money for Rice.

Cloud7

If he goes city it’s a joke. They’ll win the quadruple next year.
How much room do they have to realistically improve? I think they are as good and balanced now as they can be. They might win the quadruple next year with or without Rice, it all comes down to the football on the day. You can only have 11 players on the field at a time, and their squad players are already very good and well integrated into Pep's system. If they do sign Rice, where does he play? If he replaces Rodri or Stones (You would think one of those positions is where he would play) then he's coming in to play a position where they already have two high performing players and adequate replacements.

I don't think signing Rice changes much for City.

Hammondo

How much room do they have to realistically improve? I think they are as good and balanced now as they can be. They might win the quadruple next year with or without Rice, it all comes down to the football on the day. You can only have 11 players on the field at a time, and their squad players are already very good and well integrated into Pep's system. If they do sign Rice, where does he play? If he replaces Rodri or Stones (You would think one of those positions is where he would play) then he's coming in to play a position where they already have two high performing players and adequate replacements.

I don't think signing Rice changes much for City.
Losing 2 of their best midfilders, I would be surprised if they are as good as last season.

Crimson King

In a world where Caicedo is £80m I don't think it's that mad
Yeah, I get that it's just the way things are now. I mean £80m for a player with one full season in the EPL is obviously heavily inflated as well.

I just think spending this much money on one player rarely works out. City are probably the only team that can actually absorb it and it not be an issue if the player doesn't hit the ground running, or fails completely.

Pogba and Maguire both became lodestones around the neck of the club. Antony gave a decent showing for his first season in England, but his cost means people will never really be happy with the maximum he'll probably ever deliver. Lukaku is only washed over because we recouped a lot of the money

Rice is a very good player, but he's only ever played for a deep block West Ham. He does well for England, but international football is so slow compared to top level European football.

I just feel that for a top 4 team he's a pure DM, you won't get much from him as an 8. That's not necessarily a bad thing, look how important Kante was to Leicester and Chelsea in their league wins. He didn't cost £100m though.

erikcred

£100m for Rice is almost as mad as £100m for Graelish. English players are way too expensive.
If you're City and regularly winning domestic doubles and trebles, it's a no brainer to pay a 100m with the aim of getting an actual treble. Same way another 100m is worth it if you're aiming for back to back trebles or even a quadruple.

Status
Not open for further replies.