g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

I wouldn’t rule it out even if the chances are slim.

Considering Brighton Would want 85 million approximately or more for Caceido - the chances of a swap deal plus money including Maguire and or Mctominay to West Ham is more likely considering none of those players would be wanted at Brighton.
Have said it before I just can't see a deal where you see two players for one. Keep trying to think of last time that sort of deal happened

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Have said it before I just can't see a deal where you see two players for one. Keep trying to think of last time that sort of deal happened
Yeah I can only see one - I can’t exactly see Maguire crying out to join West Ham.

whitbyviking

Win the treble under the cloud of FFP/Corruption scandal then go out and spend £220m on 3 players if they got Rice and Gvardiol on top of Kovacic. Rules just don't apply. I could see them signing at least one or two more on top of that.

This could be a potential blowout too if they are concerned over a transfer ban.

davidmichael

That’s how Osimhen went from Lille to Napoli, not saying it’ll happen BUT Moyes does apparently have interest in both Maguire and McTominay too.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
90m Jesus Wept :houllier:

If he was still Deco Rice playing for Ireland he'd be going for half that at most. The "English" tax is incredible
If you were to try and buy Evan Ferguson right now he’s cost you 60m no doubt. In a year assuming all goes well for him that will be 80m.

it’s really no surprise the pricing of Rice

izec

A reality check for some who thought West Ham would accept 80m or so.

They want at least 100m. And they will probably get it.

croadyman

A reality check for some who thought West Ham would accept 80m or so.

They want at least 100m. And they will probably get it.
Do you think they would even remotely consider a deal involving McTominay and cash

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Can’t believe we aren’t in for him. I reckon if we’d of been took over by now we probably would be. At the minute we can’t even afford curry and rice.

croadyman

Can’t believe we aren’t in for him. I reckon if we’d of been took over by now we probably would be. At the minute we can’t even afford curry and rice.
Yeah that is so true about our finances

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Yeah that is so true about our finances
It’s ridiculous. We finally have the right manager in charge and we’re probably gonna have our worse window ever. We need to back him! Can imagine the protests after this window if we don’t sign the players ETH wants.

croadyman

It’s ridiculous. We finally have the right manager in charge and we’re probably gonna have our worse window ever. We need to back him! Can imagine the protests after this window if we don’t sign the players ETH wants.
He is being proper screwed around,just look at that thing between Bayern and Kane. Bet he is desperate for us to be involved in this too.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Not sure if Arsenal has the financial mean to offer more. Just wait and see. I will not be surprised if Edu get priced out and look else where. Martin Zubimendi has a €60m release clause but not sure if he is interested in joining Arsenal.

Wengerista

Supports
Arsenal
Not sure if Arsenal has the financial mean to offer more. Just wait and see. I will not be surprised if Edu get priced out and look else where. Martin Zubimendi has a €60m release clause but not sure if he is interested in joining Arsenal.
It doesn't seem he's interested in leaving Real Sociedad in general. At least not this summer.

If Havertz has indeed been bought for the Xhaka role and we're looking primarily for a 6 here (albeit with versatility obviously a bonus) then going back to Caicedo makes the most sense.

Eighty million inc. add-ons probably gets him - or even if it's £80m guaranteed, at least Brighton won't be so stuck on having it in unusually few installments as West Ham apparently are.

RedStarUnited

Win the treble under the cloud of FFP/Corruption scandal then go out and spend £220m on 3 players if they got Rice and Gvardiol on top of Kovacic. Rules just don't apply. I could see them signing at least one or two more on top of that.

This could be a potential blowout too if they are concerned over a transfer ban.
Its why I found it funny that Neville wanted the Saudis banned from transfers and investigated. Yet City who have pending charges but can go on as they please.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
If Edu and the Kroenkes are serious people, they need to finally put in a bid they know West Ham will accept (100m + realistic add-ons) and do everything possible to get Arteta his very public no1 target. If CIty matches and Rice chooses them then so be it, the club did everything they could. The frustrating scenario would be if the club fails to even get a bid accepted when, by all accounts, Rice still prefers coming to Arsenal.

BobFromParva

Supports
Whitchurch Alport FC
90m Jesus Wept :houllier:

If he was still Deco Rice playing for Ireland he'd be going for half that at most. The "English" tax is incredible
I can’t blame you for saying that, because it’s often said in print, but it’s actually a common misconception Mr Uncious.
The oft mentioned tax isn’t an ‘English’ tax, it’s a ‘home grown‘ tax virtue of the squad composition rule stipulating X number must be home grown.
iirc that requires 3 years development at a club in the English system before the age of 21, regardless of nationality.
So Rice could still be playing for Ireland, or indeed for any other nation and he’d still be just as desirable provided that he counted as home grown.

Reactions: Sultan

Woodzy

Ah yes, the old tactic of bidding £90m on someone as a favour to your mate, who this season were also your closest rivals. Wonder which City higher up would have signed that one off.

whitbyviking

That’s the worst conspiracy theory I’d heard. If they were in cahoots he’d surely put a low offer in so Arsenal can claim that’s the market and bid accordingly :lol:

Trex

:lol:
So Pep convinces the higher up to put a bid in so Arsenal (the team who almost beat them to the league) owners would feel pressured to put a better bid and get them a player who they feel will further close the gap to city??? And this is on air??

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Why don't you just find a mate to bid 60M for Mount ??? It's so easy...
Whatever happens to that third bid, i hope it's the last one. Getting tired of West Ham little game, give Brighton 80/85 and let's move on to other areas that needs additions and start selling our deadwood.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Why don't you just find a mate to bid 60M for Mount ??? It's so easy...
Whatever happens to that third bid, i hope it's the last one. Getting tired of West Ham little game, give Brighton 80/85 and let's move on to other areas that needs additions and start selling our deadwood.
it is rumored arsenal have submitted a 100m+5m bid to west ham and that is probably the final offer. Let's wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.