Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja

Excitement aside, where will we actually fit him in? I don't think he's starting ahead of Casemiro and a Casemiro - Rice pairing is not what we want given our interest in Mount.

He seems tailor made for Arsenal if Partey leaves. Rice + Lavia is going to be amazing for them. Or if they go the same route as the other top clubs with two interiors (Havertz, Odegaard) protected by one DM (Rice) that would work too.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
How did we decide that this source is considered reliable,also when was the last time you saw two players go one way but only one the other. Can anyone shed some light on either of these things.
They're not reliable as such, they have direct sources at the westham board (most people believe it's Sullivan). He's commenting on. Rumour and saying it could be true. Hardly inspiring stuff.

sideshowbob

Mount, Rice, Hojlund and a GK would be a decent summer I reckon. If we can ship Fred, McT and Donny it leaves us with Casemiro, Eriksen, Bruno , Rice, Mount as our senior midfield options with Mainoo and Hannibal still around too.

croadyman

They're not reliable as such, they have direct sources at the westham board (most people believe it's Sullivan). He's commenting on. Rumour and saying it could be true. Hardly inspiring stuff.
Who is the tier 1 journo for West Ham transfers

El-Manos

How did we decide that this source is considered reliable,also when was the last time you saw two players go one way but only one the other. Can anyone shed some light on either of these things.
It would most likely be either mctom or maguire. It won’t be both.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Who is the tier 1 journo for West Ham transfers
Don't think they have a journo per se. He would be the tier 1 as such, but he will only get what he's fed from the board and runs a patreon off the info, so got to be a little bit careful.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Excitement aside, where will we actually fit him in? I don't think he's starting ahead of Casemiro and a Casemiro - Rice pairing is not what we want given our interest in Mount.
Think 2-3 years ahead. Casemiro and Eriksen were always short term solution.

This window is a chance to finally fix permanently midfield, riddled with multiple deficiencies.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Maguire won't go to West Ham, the wages are going to be a problem.
What is the difference between what Maguire make and Lucas Paqueta (who I guess are their highest earner?). £50k a week? £2,6 mill a year? £5 mill over the next two years (the remaining years of his contract). So instead of pricing him at £30 mill we price him at £25 mill? That could work.

(I would also guess Maguire could be willing to give a bit for saving his career.)

Teja

Think 2-3 years ahead. Casemiro and Eriksen were always short term solution.

This window is a chance to finally fix permanently midfield, riddled with multiple deficiencies.
We have many deficiencies to address right now. It's like buying yet another LW player when the side has been desperate for a right winger that could cut inside or a DM that could protect Pogba.

I also doubt Rice would come in to be an understudy to Casemiro when he could be starting for a side that will challenge for the title.

ChaddyP

Uproot his family moving from London to Manchester :houllier:.. Making it seem he's being sent off to Peru

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
We have many deficiencies to address right now. It's like buying yet another LW player when the side has been desperate for a right winger that could cut inside or a DM that could protect Pogba.

I also doubt Rice would come in to be an understudy to Casemiro when he could be starting for a side that will challenge for the title.
There will not be that many summer windows when players like Caicedo, Mount, Rice, or even Lavia will be available. In about two years we'll be forced to replace Casemiro and Eriksen, while league opponents already building young squads this summer.

I perfectly remember when we ran Matić into the ground and only option left to provide backup was McFred. Not the greatest sight at all.

Teja

I perfectly remember when we ran Matić into the ground and only option left to provide backup was McFred. Not the greatest sight at all.
I agree - so it's the perfect summer to find an understudy for Casemiro. Take a punt on someone cheap, we know we have a world class DM for another year or two at the very least. Let the backup develop without pressure.

There will not be that many summer windows when players like Caicedo, Mount, Rice, or even Lavia will be available. In about two years we'll be forced to replace Casemiro and Eriksen, while league opponents already building young squads this summer.
That's one way to do it and it'll work if you're at / close to the top already. Real, Bayern or City could pull it off. Given the glaring deficiencies in our squad right now, I don't think we should adopt that model.

Dansk

Chelsea want £70m for Mount, and if they won't budge on that, I can't see the club meeting that price. Rice is a better player, so if it's a choice between paying over value for Mount or slightly more than that for a superior player in Rice, the latter makes sense. He doesn't need to start ahead of Casemiro, he'd be Eriksen's replacement until he can take over for Casemiro in a couple of years when the Brazilian's age catches up with him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I agree - so it's the perfect summer to find an understudy for Casemiro. Take a punt on someone cheap, we know we have a world class DM for another year or two at the very least. Let the backup develop without pressure.
If he'll grow to be effective as Caicedo or Rice then great. If not, our opponents could gain advantage here. In case of Casemiro playing whole season every game, risk of him getting suspended or injured is possible, especially in the team when we have Varane and Lisandro in defense, and suddenly both are injured in matter of days and our season getting damaged in result. You could say bad luck, but it's happening in United and managing team like that will require some ability to predict.

Mainoo looks composed in deep midfield, so it's always nice to have somekind of hope and solace for things to come.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Our Future Captain. The player that will bring back the Success of United once Pep leaves next year.

reddevilz007

Let’s go all out for Rice.
Then start negotiations with Rabiot as bait.

when chelsea sees this, they may lower their demand

oh wait, we are not competent enough to do this

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He isn't signing for us over Arsenal
If Ten Hag wants him then he will join us.

Number 1 -

He can play the Casemiro role, something we needed badly last season

Rice
Mount - Bruno​

Number 2 -

He can play alongside Casemiro which can be extremely hard to cut through; this would arguably be the 2 best defensive CDMs in the world together. People worry about the creativity of these two together, but with a striker like Kane - a creativity from deep is not exactly what’s needed.

Rice - Casemiro
Bruno​

Number 3 - He gets to play with his friend in Mount.

This might seem unrealistic But -

Rice & Casemiro
Eriksen & De Jong (next window or different player)
Mount & Bruno

Is arguably our present & future midfield all in one, for each position and type of player.

Add the best of Hannibal or Mainoo and we are pretty much sorted in midfield apart from our main creative DLP to take over Eriksen which in my dream could be De Jong but most realistically someone else.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
He isn't signing for us over Arsenal
If Arsenal and Manchester United approached West Ham with absolutely identical offers which met the club's financial expectations, the WHU support would expect the board to push him towards Manchester and tell him it's that or he stays put.

If Man City come in now Gundogan has gone , that would be the sale of choice.

croadyman

If Arsenal and Manchester United approached West Ham with absolutely identical offers which met the club's financial expectations, the WHU support would expect the board to push him towards Manchester and tell him it's that or he stays put.

If Man City come in now Gundogan has gone , that would be the sale of choice.
Yeah City are the dark horses

Status
Not open for further replies.