Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

He's very good but not £100m good. Not completely sure that he suits Ten Hag ball either.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Lyon with only 4 shots on target in the 1st leg when West ham were playing with just 10 men for a whole 45 mins. Result 1-1

Lyon then with just 3 shots on target in the whole 2nd leg at home. Result 0-3.

Honestly, if West Ham are able to get past the semi finals and get to this year's Europa Final just like England got to Euro 2021 final - then I feel like I can make my mind up that this has some (but not all) reasoning due to Rice's ability to block off the central areas of the pitch due to his constant scanning and defensive re-positioning.

I remember the whole :
"England are the only side yet to concede a goal at Euro 2020, with no side facing fewer shots on target in the process (5). Indeed, England have restricted their opponents to a competition-low xG total of just 1.3. Measly."

For me this is what Rice does: he blocks off the central areas by being in the most dangerous areas before the opposition do.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Lyon with only 4 shots on target in the 1st leg when West ham were playing with just 10 men for a whole 45 mins. Result 1-1

Lyon then with just 3 shots on target in the whole 2nd leg at home. Result 0-3.

Honestly, if West Ham are able to get past the semi finals and get to this year's Europa Final just like England got to Euro 2021 final - then I feel like I can make my mind up that this has some (but not all) reasoning due to Rice's ability to block off the central areas of the pitch due to his constant scanning and defensive re-positioning.

I remember the whole :
"England are the only side yet to concede a goal at Euro 2020, with no side facing fewer shots on target in the process (5). Indeed, England have restricted their opponents to a competition-low xG total of just 1.3. Measly."

For me this is what Rice does: he blocks off the central areas by being in the most dangerous areas before the opposition do.
Good post and I agree he has a great defensive mind and knows how to position himself.
Unfortunately I think for the prices that are flowing about he's not worth getting as it just puts too much of a stress on our budget, and considering that he'll get to play in ucl for the first time with his team I think he'll stick around for another year.

Big E

He's very good but not £100m good. Not completely sure that he suits Ten Hag ball either.
United will have to look elsewhere then.. Westham won't be selling him for less.

Maybe Phillips from Leeds. Ndidi from Leicester would be decent too

Bwuk

Good post and I agree he has a great defensive mind and knows how to position himself.
Unfortunately I think for the prices that are flowing about he's not worth getting as it just puts too much of a stress on our budget, and considering that he'll get to play in ucl for the first time with his team I think he'll stick around for another year.
Nkunku vs Rice in the final. Loser signs for United.

Blood Mage

United will have to look elsewhere then.. Westham won't be selling him for less.

Maybe Phillips from Leeds. Ndidi from Leicester would be decent too
Or if Ten Hag wants to bring Alvarez with him from Ajax that's fine too. A DM who understands his system would be invaluable.

ForeverRed1

If he wins the europa and gets champions league because if it, he won’t leave West Ham next season. Doesn’t matter who comes in. Then West Ham will have to think about selling because his contract.

he’ll go the season after next one I reckon.

Apokalips

He clearly has ambitions above West Ham and doesn't want to make the same mistake Kane has, especially considering the prices Moyes has put on his head already.

However, he probably won't move until he is in the last year or 2 of contract due to fee.

Kaos

I still think he's destined to join Chelsea. Obviously not this summer, but again I don't think he's going anywhere this summer considering West Ham's ludicrous valuation.

He'll run down his contract, and in a season or two West Ham will feel compelled to sell - most likely to Chelsea who will have remedied their ownership situation by then.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Smart by him. Scare West Ham into selling early and taking maximum profit.

Cathy Ferguson

He clearly has ambitions above West Ham and doesn't want to make the same mistake Kane has, especially considering the prices Moyes has put on his head already.

However, he probably won't move until he is in the last year or 2 of contract due to fee.
Yup. And we shouldn't waste any time on this guy unless we have a 400m transfer budget.

Kaos

As much as I don't want us wasting time indulging West Ham's ludicrous demands, I can't help but feel like this transfer would be the 'safest' in terms of almost guaranteeing to dramatically improve an area of the pitch we're severely lacking in.

Yeah Nunez, Antony and Nkuku all sound very exciting, but they're much bigger gambles who collectively could prove to be more costly if they don't work out. And unlike Rice they aren't proven in the league.

With Rice I can't help but feel that even £100million might start to look like money very well spent if we get a decade out of him at the highest level, more so if he ends up being captain material in lets face it - a team that severely lacks any leadership marbles.

I'd honestly prefer to spend £100million on him than a similar amount on Phillips + one bargain midfielder from abroad.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
He looks decent for England, and he seems to do well for the Hammers but I’m not too fussed about signing him or not. I certainly don’t want to pay stellar money for him. We can get the job done in midfield elsewhere potentially much cheaper,

RuudTom83

Clubs will need to cotton on sooner or later that asking for huge transfer fees might end up costing themselves in the end.

For example West Ham pricing Rice at 100+ million will most likely result in no bids and eventually Rice choosing to walk away on a free instead.

Last edited:

sideshowbob

West Ham might feel compelled to sell now, knowing each year his value will go down. If we can get him for a Maguire/Pogba figure I wouldn’t be opposed to it as long as we’re smart elsewhere.

Eriksen and Kamara on free deals and suddenly we’ve got a whole new look midfield.

Rice (Kamara)
Bruno (Eriksen) - Fred (McT)
2 6’s, 2 8’s, 2 10’s. Simple.
(With Hannibal and Garner waiting in the wings)

Then if we can just get a couple attackers and a full back for this year. Next year focus on GK and centre backs.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Clubs will need to cotton sooner or later that asking for huge transfer fees might end up costing themselves in the end.

For example West Ham pricing Rice at 100+ million will most likely result in no bids and eventually Rice choosing to walk away on a free instead.
Alternatively, the player just stays put.

West Ham don't need to sell and wouldn't need to bother looking for a replacement either. Incoming transfer targets see a team that keeps one of it's best players and is aspirational, other players such as Bowen (25 goals/assists this year so far) also stay put and West Ham just add to them.

As things stand, I think West Ham are more likely to be buyers than sellers this summer in terms of their dealings with Manchester United. Left sided defenders and some attackers with pace. Moyes has a lot of form for signing Manchester United players.

USREDEVIL

West Ham might feel compelled to sell now, knowing each year his value will go down. If we can get him for a Maguire/Pogba figure I wouldn’t be opposed to it as long as we’re smart elsewhere.

Eriksen and Kamara on free deals and suddenly we’ve got a whole new look midfield.

Rice (Kamara)
Bruno (Eriksen) - Fred (McT)
2 6’s, 2 8’s, 2 10’s. Simple.
(With Hannibal and Garner waiting in the wings)

Then if we can just get a couple attackers and a full back for this year. Next year focus on GK and centre backs.
Eriksen? Seriously?

ForeverRed1

Eriksen? Seriously?
He’d be free. He’s class. Quality player. He’s playing football with a smile and his face and we definitely need more of that. Would be excellent to rotate with Bruno for a season or two. Also with all the players leaving we need squad depth and they can’t all be expensive signings.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Hope he keeps digging his heels at West Ham. Would be a tremendous waste of money, same for Kane. Both good players but exorbitant transfer fee and overall financial package means we should never get involve and waste our time and money.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Wonder if in the 2nd to last year of his contract there is a reduced release clause or something like that which might make West Ham think about selling sooner.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's obvious he wants out and in the end they will have to sell after some posturing. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it won't be for a three figure million number either, but for less. The kind of numbers they're touting are just silly. He wants to play for a big club and why wouldn't he. No use keeping a player once he's outgrown you.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
It's obvious he wants out and in the end they will have to sell after some posturing. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it won't be for a three figure million number either, but for less. The kind of numbers they're touting are just silly. He wants to play for a big club and why wouldn't he. No use keeping a player once he's outgrown you.
He is contracted until 2024 with a club option to extend to 2025. In that position, they can afford to keep him another year unless a massive offer arrives.

Tyrion

Yup. And we shouldn't waste any time on this guy unless we have a 400m transfer budget.
It irritates me when every English pundit hypes him up. Why the hell should United buy him when he'll cost twice as much as he's worth? Redknapp said we should get Kane and Rice. That's about 300 million there.

Rojow

No thanks. Another overrated english player with an astronomical transfer fee. I'm sure there are good players out there to be found, just like other clubs have been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.