Dele Alli on the move? / signed for Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibbs

I remember the days when Spurs valued him at 150 million.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Good move for him and I really hope he picks up performances. He needs to play as a second striker and Lampard should know how to build a team to His strengths.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I remember the days when Spurs valued him at 150 million.
Seems crazy in hindsight doesn't it though for a season or two he genuinely looked like one of the most exciting young talents in world football. Crazy just how much his star has fallen.

mu4c_20le

2017 Dele was something special. He was like Scholes, but without the long passing.

Wow what a fall from grace. I guess that he didn’t have the work ethic or attitude to match his brilliant talent.

Tottenham are like us, they don’t seem to know when to cash in on players.

Gandalf

Bit of a free hit for Everton but 3 successive managers have given up on this guy so I would set my expectations pretty low if I was an Everton supporter. I have not seen every game Dele has played but I see a fair bit of him when he has been involved over the last 3 seasons and other than the occasional game he seems to be utterly not bothered with playing football.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What actually happened to him? He was brilliant a few years back.
Got cocky, believed his own hype, started playing fortnite. Then was shagging Pep's daughter.

Never been the same since.

I think he just lost the hunger to keep going at the top of the game. Maybe felt too comfortable/untouchable at spurs.

flappyjay

They play different positions so probably just like they are going to fit DVB and Pickford in the same 11.
Their both gained great reputations playing behind the striker. Alas looks like from your words one them is not a midfielder.

Gandalf

Their both gained great reputations playing behind the striker. Alas looks like from your words one them is not a midfielder.
Alli is an attacker, more in the Lingard mould than a midfielder like Donny. Not sure on the system Frank will want to play but I anticipate a 4-3-3 in which case he is probably thinking a front 3 of Alli, Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison and DVB would play as one of two number 8's in the midfield 3 which I think is the role he is best suited to. They have the ability to play similar positions to one another but I think in their best positions Alli plays a lot higher up the pitch than Donny.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Basically if it ever reaches anywhere near that both us and him will have done really well.
I don't really get why more deals aren't done this way, especially in the case of players who once achieved a much higher level than their recent seasons. Makes it less of a gamble for everyone.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't really get why more deals aren't done this way, especially in the case of players who once achieved a much higher level than their recent seasons. Makes it less of a gamble for everyone.
I suppose it's because the selling club won't want it but when it's someone you really would like to shift like Spurs with Dele it makes sense for both parties. It also is a way for us to get around FFP currently by structuring the deal this way.

TheGame

£40m :lol: What a joke. Done nothing in the past couple of years to even demonstrate he is worth a third of that fee. PL prices will continue to be this stupid if teams keeping paying them.

Classical Mechanic

£40m :lol: What a joke. Done nothing in the past couple of years to even demonstrate he is worth a third of that fee. PL prices will continue to be this stupid if teams keeping paying them.
Its a free transfer initially and can only rise to £40m if he hits performance targets. It looks an interestingly structured deal. I don’t recall a deal like this previously.

TheGame

Its a free transfer initially and can only rise to £40m if he hits performance targets. It looks an interestingly structured deal. I don’t recall a deal like this previously.
Personally having seen Everton’s previous transfers, they needed to go tried and tested not take a risk on a manager and player. There is a first £10m on top of 20 appearances. Still think it’s a lot of money for a player seemingly on the decline or who has showed nothing recently.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Personally having seen Everton’s previous transfers, they needed to go tried and tested not take a risk on a manager and player. There is a first £10m on top of 20 appearances. Still think it’s a lot of money for a player seemingly on the decline or who has showed nothing recently.
He can't make 20 appearances this season so we don't have to worry about a fee until after the summer.

Walters_19_MuFc

Just trying to think how Lampard will play both of them?

I know he's a big fan of a 4231 so maybe:

Striker
Winger Alli Winger
Defensive Mid Van de Beek

Or

Winger Striker Winger
Alli Defensive Mid Van de Beek​

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Striker
Winger Alli Winger

Or

Winger Striker Winger
he needs to play off the striker to have any influence, we tried him deep, out on the right, a number 10 and he just can’t seem to get into the game.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea

Striker
Winger Alli Winger

Or

Winger Striker Winger
He is a big fan of the 4-3-3. He will play people out of position to get that formation on the field. Likes to play two 8s.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
He could play the Lampard role at Everton, I suppose.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Seem like a good deal...? On paper at least

The thing is with Everton, I thought "this is a great deal" so many times over the years with them, and yet it rarely seems to pay off. Again, on paper, Dele Alle and Van de Beek look like great business. As an outsider, the thing that normally stands out to me with Everton is that they're always one-paced. They seem to have a few players who are the same, with no real pace in the side. And these two don't exactly solve that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.