Delegate's report reveals decisions vs Sheff Utd were wrong

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Being discussed in the press conference thread, but think this is worth its own thread.

The delegate has admitted that both the goal against us, and our disallowed goal, were both wrong decisions. Apparently the delegate is a representitive of the PL who writes a seperate report to the officials.

This is ridiculous with VAR, and could have huge repercussions come the end of the season.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...jaer-referee-mistakes-sheff-utd-b1795769.html

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
So frustrating when you think of Citys offside goal that stood.

cptkeane1993

We were robbed of points and more crucially momentum / confidence, which are so vital.

Klopp really got into the heads of refs with his remarks - Maguire disallowed goal against Burnley and Fred's non-penalty against Fulham didn't cost us but these ones against Sheffield Utd did!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I want to try and remain unbiased and ask I wonder how many of these reports we've had that have highlighted when we've got the favourable rub of the green

But then also feck VAR, feck that rookie ref and feck the PL

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
So City have been gifted 3 points in the past week, whilst we've been robbed of 3.

Yes we were shite and didn't deserve to win, but this is such a feck up :lol:

People will still say it's rigged in our favour of course.

Heinzesight

fecking twats. But we knew that. Then throw into the mix City being gifted the goal v’s Villa and it’s a clusterfeck of epic proportions. Feel even more cheated now.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What I don't understand is how is there no consequence for mistakes that they are clearly admitting too? Either the refs have to face some consequence individually or the refereeing association should be paying some compensation. They are effectively admitting here to negligence here in a multi-billion pound industry. If I get a property valuation wrong in my line of work then I'm liable to get sued, so I don't understand why similar rules aren't applied in this profession. Remember that some of these referees are earning triple-figure salaries despite their poor performance. There has to be far greater transparency as far as I'm concerned because VAR has legitimately brought the standard of officiating into disrepute.

GordonG

Sometimes I wonder what VAR is for? It should be irrelevant if the referee has blown the whistle or not.

The correct outcome is surely more important than if a ref has instinctively made his mind up in the heat of the moment.

If we're gonna have VAR might aswell make sure that the correct outcome is always highest priority. What's the point of half-arsing and still let games get decided by referee mistakes?

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Cost us the title and won't be convinced otherwise.

This is the greatest injustice to ever befall mankind and I demand that people go to prison for a long time

arnie_ni

Said it in the VAR thread, but there should be almost zero decisions wrong with VAR.

The fact there is means it's not working, which in reality means the referees working it are not working.

When you have a chance to slow it all down watch it different times from different angles, you should be making glaring mistakes.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Appreciate it may have changed the game but the performance deserved nothing, we move on.

Bojan11

What’s mental is that the ref had a clear view of Sharp pushing De Gea and did nothing. Yet was quick to blow for the Maguire decision, which again he fecked up on.

RedDevil@84

I never knew such a report was made available to the club managers. And this is the first time I am noticing any manager bring it up.

el3mel

It's crap, but nothing can be done. Let's move on and focus on next games, I guess.

romufc

Why doesn't Ole call them out in the news conference.

It's obvious that other managers speaking about us getting decisions is having an impact on our games.

Last season, Lampard said we get too many pens, we should have had one in the FA cup against them and was not given.

Klopp comes out and speaks about pens and we score 2 goals that are disallowed for a "foul" which in the same game has cost us a goal too.

siw2007

Decisions even themselves out over the course of the season, and at the same time we lost the game because we played rubbish, the bad VAR calls shouldn’t have had a bearing on the game if we’d have turned up on the night and played well. Still, it was frustrating all the same.

I do hope though that this incident can put pressure on VAR officials to get us some favourable calls in the coming games.

RedDevil@84

Why doesn't Ole call them out in the news conference.
He likes to play nice I guess. Rather than be a moaning twat.

There are hundreds of things which he could point out. Like Salah/Mane keep diving a lot when things don't go their way. Both Pool and City hack down players and never get yellows for it, but a simple shirt pull from our players or shoulder to shoulder are worth yellows. There are hundreds of inconsistencies to talk about.

RedDevil@84

Decisions even themselves out over the course of the season
Unless one sits and counts every decision made, this is just a thing people say to keep themselves calm.

A wrong decision made in our favour in the second game of the season does not cancel a wrong decision made at the end of season, costing use the title or top 4.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Let’s storm the FA headquarters. In all seriousness, this can open up a massive can of worms. Imagine a team gets relegated or misses out on top 4 through a dodgy decision and then someone comes out and says “oh yeah, we got that one wrong”.

Crustanoid

The little insecure crybaby Klopp can’t win titles without asterisks and resorted to a public tantrum and this is the result?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Appreciate it may have changed the game but the performance deserved nothing, we move on.
My feelings too. Our attitude and effort was appalling and we deserved to drop points. It's not like we haven't had favourable decisions in other games, these things balance out over the course of the season. We should be aiming for a 2-3 goal cushion against bottom half teams to make referees' decisions irrelevant.
Let’s storm the FA headquarters. In all seriousness, this can open up a massive can of worms. Imagine a team gets relegated or misses out on top 4 through a dodgy decision and then someone comes out and says “oh yeah, we got that one wrong”.
Could argue it's already happened with Villa avoiding the drop last season due to the Eagle Eye incident.